“Hey! It doesn't get much better than this!”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #86 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is great -- just check out the photos. Pure relaxation and wonderful service! Convenient to Disney World. And you don't have to stay in the park all day because our grand kids had plenty of fun right at the resort!

Room Tip: I didn't try room service or the spa but everything else is top notch!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dottie N
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This review is late. Stayed at Bonnet Creek in February for winter break. The whole compound is focused on the Disney experience which is not my thing. We took our daughter and her friend. Grounds are well maintained and property in nice shape. We had a two bedroom two bath condo that looked out over the trees (and parking lot) in a multi-building complex. The accommodations were sufficient with proper kitchen tools etc. Keeping in mind the reason you are in Orlando, Bonnet Creek will satisfy most families.

The deficiencies and issues I had were about staff and the service they provided. I'd rate them all as unprofessional, without knowledge and proper training. The big "F" is the grade they earned. My litmus test for hospitality front desk staff is whether they can provide directions to certain basic destinations...the airport. Unfortunately each person I asked was unable to tell me without referring to google maps -- which are not always reliable. What I realized was that the front desk employees were mostly low wage, local youngsters who don't travel-- many had never been to the airport. Note that I'm not hating on their travel saavy-ness but bring attention to the Bonnet Creek management. I will not even comment on key property details not shared by staff such as pool and fitness room locations. Seriously!!! We escaped the cheesy timeshare pitch-- thank gawd.

Room Tip: Get room overlooking the small lake
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank willylabradoodle
Janos J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

I am so disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel has 6 towers and private ownership. We rented through VRBO for a great price on a 2 bedroom deluxe unit. This resort was a real surprise, with its big lake in the centre of the towers, and several pools, 2 waterslides, a pirate ship, 2 lazy rivers, spray features, mini golf, a gorgeous walking path around the lake with bridges, a playground, arcades, games rooms, all just a couple of minutes to downtown Disney and the Disney parks, and many rooms have fireworks views! We didn't have any pressure sales, just an offer at check in to attend, and we politely declined. And that was all. Room service food from cafe isn't very good, the pizza is from frozen and the salads and sandwiches could be out of a cafeteria, but at hotel prices. Great service though. Having a full kitchen and laundry is so wonderful.
Truly a fantastic family resort, the kids will love it.

Room Tip: Room 1481 in tower 5 has a fireworks view, but is not listed that way. So ask for it if all the fire...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed the various amenities we have to offer at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. We will be sure to share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I'm always amazed how folks complain about places like Bonnet Creek attempting to sell time. This resort, like thousands of others, are beautifully built because of their ability to sell ownership. If you don't want any pressure or suggestions to buy, I suggest staying at a hotel like Disney All star or (fill in your fav). I have been to Bonnet Creek on 4 separate occasions and have always had an amazing experience. I would recommend to anyone headed there: Be prepared for someone to attempt to set up a sales meeting. They have a huge staff devoted to selling time share and this is their JOB. I have taken the sales tour and it was fine. Yes they try to sell you! Yes they are persuasive! They are good at their job. I also know, for a fact, you don't have to take the tour. They will call you during the week to attempt to set up meetings, but you don't have to attend. If you are friendly and courteous they will reciprocate. As far as my resort experience, I absolutely love the place. It is close to everything Disney, it has lots of pool space, the staff is always courteous and helpful, and I have been more than satisfied during my 4 trips. I highly recommend this resort, and I urge anyone headed to Bonnet Creek to expect the sales staff to do their job to the best of their ability. Peace.

Room Tip: Big fan of tower 1.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Janos J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and are one of our repeat guests. We appreciate you understanding the job we have to do and are very grateful. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I are rather fussy about where we stay.....and we LOVED the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort! The property consists of the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek Hotel and several towers of time share units surrounding a small lake, all with a very mediterranean feel. The buildings appeared clean and well maintained inside and out and the grounds were lush and tropical. Staff members seemed friendly and happy to assist and the bars and restaurants on the property offered an array of food and drink options at decent resort prices (note that stores and restaurants are about 5 miles away and quite crowded). The food at Tesoro Cove, the family restaurant in the hotel was a bit pricey, but very good! The gates to Epcot, the Magic Kingdom, and Downtown Disney are only 5 minutes away and Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure is a quick 20 minutes. Numerous outdoor activities are available including 5 pools, 2 lazy rivers, at least 6 hot tubs, children's pools/water playground, shuffleboard, miniature golf, volleyball, and lots more. Our late Sunday evening check-in was fast and the concierge service was very helpful with Disney and Universal park tickets. And last.....but certainly not least......we never heard the word "timeshare" mentioned one single time during our weeklong stay! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms in Tower 3 have a great view of the Epcot's Spaceship Earth and the fireworks at the Magic...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Marsha857

Thank you, Marsha for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities we provide at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The check in process was slow. We arrived at 3pm and had to wait 20-30 minutes. Once I was checked in, I was told they would call me when my room was ready. I was sent to the courtesy desk where they told us about the property and amenities. They also pushed very hard for us to sit through a sales pitch to buy in to the club. I received a call from them about 15 minutes after that leaving the courtesy desk, notifying me that our room was ready. I arrived at the front desk to pick up my keys only to be greeted by a larger crowd and another 20 minute wait to receive my keys. This was the worse part of the visit. If you go here, be prepared to wait and to be pressed to sit through a presentation. This property is great! The staff is friendly and very attentive to your needs. The rooms are very well maintained as well as the common areas like the pools. This was my first time staying here and it will not be my last. We will be going back here, again. I did not eat at their dining areas but cooked some meals in our room. The rooms are completely stocked with any dish or pan that you might need. The layout of the rooms is very spacious. We had 5 people in our group and had plenty of room inside the unit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pools have the better view, but some rooms face Epcot and you can see the fireworks...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you, Eric] for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We do everything we can to make sure the check in process is as effiecient as possible, as well as personal for each guest that stays with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my 3 kids under 9 years old. They absolutely loved it!! Rooms were gorgeous!! Will be coming again soon!! Very relaxing staycation! Lazy river was the best! Some staff were friendly, some just too busy

• Stayed: May 2014
9  Thank EJewelS73

Thank you, for the kind words. We will be sure to share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your "staycation!" We look forward to seeing you again soon!