“One of my favourite places” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #85 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Love Bonnet creek location is ideally and love the fact it can be as quiet or as busy as you like. We have presidential this time was lovely as are all the staff. we tend to use the main pool, even thought in tower 6 this time, and the main lobby food bar chips and philly steak roll are lovely. Escudos happy hour nice and as ever the lo concina pool bar lovely.

Location is fab, crossroads and downtown disney minutes away and depending on room great fireworks every night.

Main reason for reduction in stars is the timeshare, understand they want to sell their sites but the hard sell and rudeness just to get a parking pass to stay is too much, puts you off.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Lisafordy
Janos J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do want to apologize about the sales pitch you had to hear. Yes it is a part of staying in a vacation ownership but I agree completely that it is offsetting and should be handled in a different way. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,122)
  • Polish first
Bow, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We absolutely loved this resort. The location, inside the Disney gates, is so convenient to everything. We had a 2 BR deluxe unit which had recently been renovated - and it was so nice - with a beautiful view of the lake. The unit has everything you need - a fully stocked kitchen, washer and dryer, you name it. I was also impressed by the cleanliness of the unit. However, on day 6 I went to get into the shower and was greeted by a VERY large cockroach! I thought I might have a heart attack as we don't see these in New Hampshire! My husband caught it and flushed it down the toilet. That evening my son went to put a dish into the dishwasher and saw another cockroach! That freaked me out a little bit - but overall the beauty and convenience of the hotel made up for it - and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a lake view - it's so pretty and it's nice to sit on your balcony and watch the goin...
2 Thank laxmom2821
Thank you so much ] for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do want to apologize though for your encounter with the cockroaches. That is definitely not to our standard but also an issue Florida has in general. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is my second trip to the Wyndham Bonnert Creek Resort, what a great experience. Love the rooms, this time we booked a 1 br and it was as nice as the two brs, smaller but good space for three people, beautiful bathrooms and good comfortable bed. We stayed in building/tower 2 close to the pizzeria and pool with a water slide, the mini golf and playground, excellent for my 6 yr old son. We decided to rent a car since we were goin to Universal Parks, good choice, shuttles cost money. We really love this resort, my son told me that he wants to move to Orlando and live at the Wyndham. We just can have enough of this place. Will come back over and over.

Room Tip: Get rooms from 5th floor and up so you get the view and get to see fireworks
1 Thank Claudia L
Janos J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you so much] for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. and your family was able to use our amenities. It's moments like these that really make all we do worth it. We hope to see your family again. Thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Bonnet Creek is one of our favorite resorts anywhere. It is so peaceful and yet so many activities are available. Our grandchildren really enjoy the freedom they feel at Bonnet Creek.
One ran the entire path around the center lake(track practice) while another wanted to pay miniature golf repeatedly.

The pools and the lazy river are so inviting. Then Disney parks are so close that we return and return to Bonnet Creek.

Room Tip: We usually ask for a balcony where we can see the fireworks.............
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank fjshields
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are so glad that your kids enjoyed the lazy river. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed there for one week. Everything was good until we found a live roach in the kitchen, maybe because we moved the refrigerator a little bit when we opened its door. We feel sorry to disturb both their and our life. They might hide under it. If you don't worry about roaches, this is a perfect resort in that location.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bri Z
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were set to stay here next week, I read a review from someone stating to check your reservatoin because he called 2 days prior and they didn't have him - lucky for him it was worked out. I decided I should go ahead and verify...needless to say the resort didn't have our reservation. I booked throgh VRBO back in February. I called the person I booked through and he said yes it is confirmed. Called back to the resort again - no. I emailed the person I had emailed with VRBO, he sends back a statement that as of Saturday they have been having issues and he may have to refund my $$. I couldn't believe it...we are one week from leaving. I'm not sure who was in the wrong - resort or owner. The owner did give us a full refund and we were able to find another place to stay but I'm so glad I verified this the week before and didn't show up to this mess. I hate that we won't be staying here. ***I had to give a rating to submit, please don't take that as what I think abou this resort - I can't rate it.***

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank cvw74
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We purchased two nights from an owner on Craigslist. I've also seen deals on eBay. I gather the more last-minute you book, the better the potential deal.

We checked-in to a four bedroom / four bathroom presidential reserve unit (Tower 6; Room 1604; see link to floor-plan below) on a Friday at 3:45 pm. We arrived at the property before noon that same day to put in our name and ask if we could please have the room as soon as possible. The bell-hop offered service, and there is also a small lobby closet with self-service luggage carts. The bell-hop and front desk were helpful in storing a few items for us while we went out for lunch and walked around the property.

Floorplan: http://www.freewebs.com/crpnightowl/314bed_presidential.gif

The property and grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. There is a playground, children activity centers, fitness centers, and restaurants. There are five pools, two lazy rivers, two water slides, two water features, and various hot-tubs. The pool by Tower 6 has the pirate slide (48" height requirement). The other water slide has a swimming requirement where the child has to show the ability to swim to the ladder after sliding into the water. There are many family-friendly activities (face painting) and features (mini golf!). The hotel employees were all friendly and helpful

The timeshare aspect seems to operate out of the parking desk, at least that was our experience in Tower 6. Further, the timeshare/parking/concierge desk appears to operate independently from the hotel itself; i.e., their job is to provide timeshare info, maps, menus, and discounts on tickets to nearby amusement parks, whereas hotel employees focus on room check-in etc. It happened that there was no one at the desk when we first arrived, so we were told to check-back later for our parking passes, which we did. I eventually went to the desk by myself and filled out the form (including salary information) to obtain parking passes for myself and my guests. It turned out that one of our guests had to park without a permit for one night, and it seemed to go fine, so honestly I don't know how strictly parking is enforced. In any case, I indicated that we were not interested in timeshares, but people still called our room, so we again explained we were not interested. The timeshare people were all friendly enough and just doing their job, but it's too bad you can't more easily opt-out. Just realize when approaching the parking desk there is likely no free breakfast or gift without a timeshare presentation.

There are a few little rules at the resort that are a bit tiresome, but we tried to just go with the flow. An example is, to check-out towels, we needed to sign-in with the activity desk, and the paperwork we signed said that we would be charged $25 for non-returned towel. We thought we returned all our towels but then found one later; when I went to return it, no one had seemed to notice the discrepancy, so it is possible the policy is not strictly enforced.

The room is spacious and clean. The unit itself is so large that there are two entrances, and each side of the unit has its own climate control. There is no housekeeping during the stay, which is fine with me, but good to know in advance. Housekeeping prepared our room for our stay, and it was extremely clean. Everything you needed was provided including various travel size products for the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. There was no fabric softener, so it would be worth bringing dryer sheets. Also guests take out their own trash (there's a chute down the hall), so we brought our own extra-strong garbage bags. We also brought Simple Green and extra paper towels. With small children, plastic bowls would have been helpful.

To recap, if you can live with the timeshare aspect of the service, the property and rooms are amazing, and our visit was totally awesome. Our bed was very comfortable, and we really enjoyed the two master suites along with the giant balcony. The TV options are limited, but we spent so much time doing other things that we didn't care. All in all, it was a great visit. We hope to go back again someday!

4 Thank Jen G