“Perfect place for a family of 5!”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #83 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southington, Connecticut, USA
“Perfect place for a family of 5!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We found the accommodations at Bonnet Creek to be above our expectations. The space was unbelievable, over 1,000 sq ft - three bedrooms, two bathrooms, balcony, full kitchen. The property is beautiful and the pools were nice and clean. While they don't offer housekeeping service you can call at any time and ask for clean towels or toiletries. The location was so convenient to Disney it actually felt like we were staying on property. This was our first trip to Disney and sure not to be the last!

Room Tip: Rent a car if going to Disney and other area parks.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kccast
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding the unit accommodations we provide our guests. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
  • Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Hello ,
I stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort for 18 days , on 11 -Jan - 14 to 29 -Jan - 14 .
In the first week we were worshiping the hotel and everything happened very well , until it appeared a large cockroach in our room. This happened 2 days in a row, the Budget were coming through the pipes from the bathroom.
Close the vent pipe from the bathroom and did not come cockroach.
I complain about the cockroach and five minutes later a man called me saying that I would have to change rooms . Oh my problems began to worsen .
I said I did not want and would not switch rooms , we were output to the park , we had only 2 more days staying there, I had many things scattered around the room and would be a great inconvenience change room .
It was when this man told me that if I did not change her room when I got back was in the dark and without water because everything would shut down the entire building .
Good start our move , I , my husband and 2 children aged 6 and 3 years after staying 16 days , with so many things strewn about the room . Of course we lost our penultimate day tabém park and lost some things in this unexpected and forced change the room!
And it was all a lie Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort !
We spent the night in the building to search for some items that I was missing and was giving everything connected and the building full of people staying .
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort also had nerve to offer me $ 100 to pay for the inconvenience! As if $ 100 would bring a day of park and dreams back.
I hope honestly that this resort that ranks as 4 stars have more respect for their patrons, as they did with my family was an absurdity and a huge lack of respect.
Graciously
Juliana Fernandes
Claudio Marcelo Mendes Fernandes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Juliana F
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hi Juliana,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the bug issue you encountered. We are so sorry your vacation was interrupted by the request to change rooms. We know this must have presented an extreme inconvenience during your visit. We take the health and comfort of each guest very seriously. Part of this process sometimes requires the evacuation of a unit to resolve the issues. Please know management worked to make this process as seamless as possible and our maintenance crew has addressed the specific concerns in the unit. We value your feedback as this helps us to improve in many ways. Again, thank you for taking the time to reach out.
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We checked in on 2/15/14 our was on 18th floor we find out no soap in bathroom all nights there is some kind of elevator noise so we give to front desk next morning they said can't do anything so we have to wait then they switch room finally then next morning no water in bathroom so we go front desk they said we have water inspection and when I ask why u guys don't inform us they said room service supposed to leave flyer then they said u have to go other building to use restroom.
When ask for manager he don't even come to talk to us as courtesy sitting in back room

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Abdulquddus456
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the elevator noise by the unit during your stay. We will ensure our maintenance crew checks on the issue to eliminate any future occurrences. We also apologize for any inconvenience experienced from the water inspection. Please be assured we will address these concerns for follow up. Again, thank you for reaching out as we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First thanks to everyone else who posts comments, especially the pro and cons about a place.

In this case a special thanks to jasmine ( bonnet creek employee check in ) ( and after the first day, I was in the lobby, I asked for her, and they had to get her out of the back office, and made a point of thanking her for her recommendations about tower 4 and the fireworks view ) because if you phone and ask for her, she feels appreciated.

I have stayed in several timeshares in florida and I must admit, this was the nicest. I'm not an owner or exchanger, I was a renter. I did phone in about 1 month prior to arriving, and inquired if I could get a certain building with a fireworks view, (after reading many reviews ) I was told, yes, that it would be put on my reservation. I was told that building 4 was just renovated.
The lobby front entrance, faces north, in the direction of epcot and magic kingdom.
Tower 1,2,3 and 6 ( some overlook pools ) I would suggest to ask to overlook the lake, but your view of the fireworks might be obstructed, and the higher the better.
Tower 5 is L shaped, you only want to look over the “PARKING GARAGE” not the parking lot to see the fireworks. And the parking garage is 4 floors high, you have to be on the 8 floor or higher to see the fire works.
Tower 4, which I was in, unit 1378 ( end unit as well, 2 bedroom ) with balcony , we over looked the parking lot, maintenance area ( which is nothing, it is on the map ) and a bit of the parking garage, yes it was very nice and renovated, we had an excellent view of epcot fireworks and good view of magic kingdom fireworks. In my opinion, it could have not been better. The only small problem, there is limited parking in front of the tower, most people had to park in the parking garage.

Room Tip: The 3 most important things: phone ahead and ask for a fireworks view unit, second try to check in...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank norman h
Hi Norman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including a resort layout for future guests. We appreciate your kind words regarding Jasmine’s assistance at the front desk. It's always great to hear about times when we are providing our guests great service. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Maybe I didn't read the fine print. I certainly didn't see it. This is a timeshare being rented like a hotel but with scant luxury. I had no clue there wouldn't be maid service and thought I was booked at a four star hotel. It's not. It's nice, great if you want to stay in a place that feels like a nice apartment building with vending machines and free parking. The bed was very comfortable, but the overal experience was not what I wanted or expected.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Ralph R
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Caveat - We love Wyndham properties and, we want to love this one too. But, we're torn.

At check-in we had to play the "parking pass" game where had go from the check-in desk to the sales sharks to get a parking pass. I was ready for this and normally it wouldn't bug me much but, they really set me off. It's such a crappy first impression. It feels sleazy as they size you up and try to get you to a sales pitch. The part that pushed my buttons was that I had tired and hungry kids in the car and after traveling all day I just wanted to get checked in so I could get into the room and grab dinner. I refused to give my demographic information on their questionnaire but, Rosa just proceeded to try and tease it out of me through small talk. After 15 minutes of being polite I had to get rude and tell her I was done and needed to go - give me my parking pass. After that they left us alone and under different circumstances it wouldn't have been that frustrating. Wyndham should realize that this is a terrible way to make a first impression.

Our room was good when we checked in. In fine repair and pretty much as advertised. The grounds were nice, landscaping was nice and well maintained. We used the pools and the exercise facilities, all good. Ducks coming in off the lake to the pool area begging for food were cute at first but, quickly got as annoying as seagulls. The resort staff all around were friendly.

Here's where it gets tricky. On the morning of day four I was standing in the kitchen and had a mouse run from the cabinet under the sink into one of the bedrooms and under one of the beds. I didn't want to freak our kids out so, I discretely called the front desk and reported the problem. I let the guy I talked to know about the issue, that I found it unacceptable and disgusting, and that we were leaving for Disney for the day and they needed to come in and take care of the problem. He said he would get maintenance to come out "as soon as possible." We left for the day and I expected to have some sort of followup from the resort. We left the room about 7:00am.

We returned about 8:00pm. I expected to find a note, or a voicemail telling me that the issue had been taken care of. No such communication. I called the front desk again and there was general confusion. At first they said they had no notes telling them of an issue. Then, when I got really upset that they took NO action on a MOUSE in my room they "found" a note. The supervisor then said that he tried to call me a couple of times throughout the day (both in the unit and on my cell phone.) I find this extremely hard to believe as I used my phone all day and was waiting for an update. No call, no voicemail. It became clear they never sent anyone out to check on our issue - total dropped ball. The supervisor then said that our building was having "issues with the pipes" but, he couldn't tell me if that's why we had a mouse in our room or why they didn't come out earlier. I was so angry I could barely speak.

Here's how they resolved our issue - you can decide for yourself if this was enough. I'll be honest, I'm not sure. They offered to move us to a different room in a different tower and we agreed. So, at about 9pm with my kids in pajamas wanting to go to bed we packed up our entire unit - clothes, groceries, etc. and two bellhops came and moved our stuff from tower 2 to tower 3. They also provided $50 in resort credits for us to use. The room we moved into smelled really musty but we only had two nights to go so, we just sucked it up. And while the $50 bucks was a nice gesture it didn't even cover the cost of dinner. We ate at the pool bar (3 burgers, 1 pulled pork sliders, 1 chicken tenders, 2 sprites, 3 draft beers) The total was $85ish plus tip. So, the resort credit amounted to like a 50% discount on dinner. I'm still put off by their totally inept response to what I consider a pretty major issue. I understand that it could happen anywhere but, I really expected a response with some urgency. You might even think that someone would follow up the next day to make sure I was happy with the new room - nope, never heard from anyone.

And this highlights a bit of a problem with the Wyndham model. Because I rented my unit from an "owner" and not the resort directly I have very little recourse when there's an issue. Wyndham's got their money so, they have very little incentive to make sure I'm happy. I guess it's Buyer (renter) Beware.

Bottom line
Positives - Great location, good amenities, the burgers were excellent
Negative - A MOUSE, an underwhelming response to said mouse, and a musty replacement room
Time will tell if we ever try this property again. Time heals so, I suspect we will try it one more time because we really want to like it. It's got a lot going for it and we like other Wyndham properties. So, we'll see.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank mc011902
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Our room was hot. The a/c is set on some sort of motion detector and we were very uncomfortable through the night. The air seemed to kick on if you opened (and closed) the door to the hallway so everyone knew if they woke up during the night to quick open the door to try and cool it off. On the day of our departure, housekeeping woke us up at 8am. They did not provide a do not disturb sign. The beds were all cheap & uncomfortable. My family says mom doesn't get to pick where we stay next time. Looks great from the outside but important details missing inside.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Angel_Wings9
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the air conditioning and uncomfortable bedding in your unit. Please know this is not our Wyndham standards. We strive to provide a home away from home to all our guests with satisfactory facilities and accommodations. We will ensure we have our maintenance team check on the air conditioning issue to eliminate any future occurrences and we'll look into updating our bedding to enhance the guest experience. Please feel free to reach out to the manager during your stay if this occurs in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback as it allows us to continue improving.