We stayed on an RCI Exchange. I had done a lot of research which paid off as the accommodations are truly first class. I know in Orlando area there is a timeshare on pretty much every corner but this one truly has some GREAT positives and a few minor issues.
1) Location location location - This is within the borders of the Disney World resort and VERY close to the parks. There is an issue with park transportation (below) but overall you are a quick 5 to 15 minute drive to each park and under 5 minutes to Downtown Disney.
2) Beautiful Unit - we had a 2 bedroom/2 bath and it was just lovely. Laid out very well. In room Laundry. Nice large balcony off living room. All you would expect in top of the line accomodations
3) Only ONE call re: timeshare presentation. Very classy. We own 2 timeshares (not wyndham) and exchange on RCI so we dont want to be bothered. THANk YOU!
4) TALL towers with lake view are excellent - asked for Disney/fireworks view but MORE happy with lake view. We were in tower 6 which has an adult pool at it, as well as is very close to lobby and pool with lazy river. The views and sunsets were amazing.
5) Onsite Disney employees ie cast members - you can get ANY answers re: parks and buy tickets here which I strongly suggest - the first day we did NOT do, and had to wait over an hour at transport center.
6) MUCH MUCH better than ANYTHING Disney has to offer in a much better price range (based on my research of rates online/non RCI). We stayed on Disney discount property for the 2 nights prior to this and its like going from a Motel 6 to a Ritz.
7) and the best recommendation - would stay again definately!!
8) free internet, free parking
9) beds comfy! The beds at the Disney allstar were like rocks with sheets - these were wonderful
To be fair I must bring these up especially as is within Disney resort
1) Resort transportation from Wyndham to Parks is limited, untimely and expensive. If you drive and have more than 3 people, its cheaper to just park at the parks. The cost is $6/person so if you have 3 its $18, 4 its $24. Also the times are not good AND only go to transportation center.
2) Need a car - I would NEVER stay here without a car. You need to be able to stock up for a week. I think most timeshare folks and a lot who stay here are owners or "regulars" but if no car, you will be pretty unhappy/"stuck". (Of course this goes for anything within the WDW area)
3) Guest park drop off - Another parking issue (not wyndham, other than that they dont have good park transport) is that guest dropoff at parks is horrible - again its Disney's fault but you may end up like we did getting multiple messages on how to do this. My husband did not want to go several days and ended up having a night mare dropping and picking us up.
4) NEVER had service - I know we kept the do not disturb sign on but we never had the room cleaned for a week so had to take our own trash, etc. We had to wash our own towels also using our own cleaning products
5) HUGE resort means its a walk to access all the amenities - asked about using a printer - its 3 buildings over (as was resort transportation), disney tickets in lobby which may be 3 plus buildings away depending on where you are, pool with slide was across the lake which was too far of a walk (maybe 10 plus minutes?) for my husband to take our son as he has had two knee surgeries in the last year. Just a guess but I would bet that one "lap" around the entire lake is probably 1 to 1.5 miles.
6) Hard to find initially - Disney does its best to NOT acknowledge any property other than their own so the sign is very tiny and if you arent using a map application you may miss the whole bonnet creek area which is HUGE. Its hidden pretty well from the main streets which gives privacy but again easy to miss.
7) Dryer - this is just a "mom" issue but the way the washer/dryer is put in its impossible to take clothes from washer to dryer and not get whacked in the head with the dryer door. Its a size/height/folding door issue. I suggest management try themselves to see what I mean.
Again would return in a heartbeat as overall was a fantastic stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Hotel
- Wyndham Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando At Bonnet Creek Resort
- Bonnet Creek Resort Orlando
- Orlando Wyndham
- Fairfield Bonnet Creek
- Bonnett Creek Resort