“Excellent Location - Beautiful Condos”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #92 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed in a 3 bedroom - 2 bath deluxe the week before Thanksgiving located in Tower 3. Six guests in our party. Large 1600 sq ft condo. Includes full kitchen and all home necessities. Rooms large and extra clean. Super comfortable beds and linens. Right on Disney property. 1/4 mile to Downtown Disney, 1/2 mile to Disney Studios, 2 miles to Epcot, 3 miles to Magic Kingdom and 4 miles to Animal Kingdom. Bus transportation is extra. We drove to parks.

Several great and reasonably priced restaurants on property. More across the street at the Hilton.
Several pools and lazy rivers. Grounds are kept up like Disney properties.
Got a great deal from Vacation Strategy LLC, 7 nights for $899.00 USD flat, no taxes or parking fees (Direct booking thru Wyndham or other online agencies is 249.00 per NIGHT plus tax and parking fees)
Highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hi Everett,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your unit accommodations and the resort proximity to Disney. We look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,907)

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let's get the cons out of the way....This is my second time staying at a Wyndham Resort so I knew what was coming. The first time (Williamsburg, VA) was not a great experience because we reserved too late and I could not say no enough. The sales push is way too much. I spent three hours in that place trying to say no and they would not let me go. Not a pleasant experience. This time I was firm. No amount of money or promotions would get me to go to that breakfast. I refused to attend and that was it. With that out of the way, I was pleased. Just know what you have with a time-share resort. No maid service (it's extra.) It's pricey but name a place anyone would enjoy near Disney that isn't pricey! Plus they are there to sell you a time-share!!! Learn to deal with those facts and you will enjoy yourself. Now the pros...We were minutes from Disney! I was shocked how close it was. Downtown Disney was on the same road. And the Theme parks were minutes beyond that. I took my own car never having to rely on anyone else to get me where i was going. The room was awesome. Two bedrooms, a full kitchen, Granite countertops, and a bathroom better than what I have at home. The air conditioner was a little annoying but I was just glad that it was 75-80 degrees in November! The room was clean and we never heard from anyone else in the hotel. If you have Disney Questions just dial an extension and your question is answered. We rarely used the pools bc we were at the parks all day and it was cool at night but they seemed really nice. They open the presidential suite at night to see the fireworks at Epcot which was a nice touch. With all the stress and energy used being at Disney with two young kids it's nice to know I didn't have to worry about my hotel stay. Bonnet Creek is a A+ Resort.

Room Tip: Tower 3 poolside is a good spot to see the fireworks nightly right outside your room!
3  Thank T C
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the close proximity to Disney and the unit amenities. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations. We know that while on vacation it is important to be treated well. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will utilize this information to improve the guest experience. We hope to see you back our property for another family vacation.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort when visiting Disneyworld. Starting from Disneyworld Parks, they are not so close to the resort...a good 15-20min with the hotel shuttle to Magic Kingdom (went there 3 times with a 2yrs boy..), also bad experience with ticket desk in the resort...they offered a substantial discount, almost 20%, in exchange for attendance to a resort timeshare sales pitch, however I politely refused because I know how pushy and unpleasant those things can be..at the end the ticket price paid to the same desk was a mere 5% more expensive than the "timeshare promotion" (ie. they initially quoted an inflated ticket price...very unfair).
Overall during our entire stay I had the feeling of being constantly pushed or cheated somehow...you have to pay extras for everything, like a resort fee when we could not even use the pools being objectively too cold, you have to pay extra for gym, sauna, there is an absurd system to collect beach towels, etc...we had problems with cleaning of our room and needed to justify/discuss in order to get it sorted (ie. no soap replaced, bed sheets not ironed, etc..), food quality at breakfast for $20 p.p. is very poor, our experience in the main restaurant (Deep Blue) was very disappointing especially in terms of service (one mistake after the other, possibly first time I left no tips...in exchange after payment my credit card was thrown back on the table).
I would say Wyndham Bonnet Creek overall facilities are good (rooms, lobby, contest/scenery etc...) but more 3* than 4*...would I return? definitely not due to the general attitude.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank matuk78
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction in the ticket desk and discount prices. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home with a kitchen and laundry. Because we have condo-style resorts, certain hotel amenities such as daily housekeeping do not exist. We strive to provide this information to the guest through our website, pre-arrival letter and confirmation letter. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. We are sorry for your experience and greatly value your feedback.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at the Condo's for a family reunion in July of 2013. The resort is beautiful and the pools and activities are everything a family could ask for! Our room was perfect. We shared it with my parents. (4 adults and a toddler total). I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay near Disney! You can't get any closer to Disney property than this hotel. The room was very clean and having a full kitchen and washer and dryer was perfect! The condo was very spacious and comfortable for us all! We ordered room service a few times and the food was wonderful!

BEWARE of the sales breakfast!!!!! We were told at the front desk during check in that the "breakfast" was going to be max 1 hour and that we weren't going to be pressured, but as part of a rental agreement we should go. I have been to them before and they were very informative and someday we would love to having a timeshare.... right....WRONG!!! The breakfast was a few muffins in plastic wrap and some nasty coffee and juice! The sales people were beyond pushy! We had our toddler with us and they would not let up on us. We are a young couple with a baby who didn't have $5000.00 in our pocket to put into a timeshare, which we made very clear! They wanted us to give them our social security numbers as soon as we walked in the room! It was very uncomfortable!!! We needed to leave because of a diaper emergency and a melt down but threatened us with our "gift" that was promised if we left early!

This is not a mandatory seminar that you have to attend in order to rent from them and I would tell everyone to stay away from this unless you have $$$ in your pocket to spend that minute on a time share!!!

I will be staying there again, but I will never go to another time share seminar again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank gidget1284
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel, not the condos. We were so close to Disney that we watched the fireworks from our window.

I have great difficulty sleeping in hotels, but this bed and room were fantastic. Sleepability and cleanliness are extremely important to me, and this hotel has it. The updated decor was especially pleasing.

I would not recommend grabbing a quick breakfast sandwich for your family when heading out to Disney in a rush...it was nearly $50 for 4 of us. I was surprised to say the least. We stayed here for a great price. We were very happy with our choice.

One day, we traveled to every pool and lazy river on the property for kicks and had great fun. The pirate ship slide at the pool was enjoyed by our kids. We saw some parents who were miffed when their kids were denied access because of the children's size. Well, I went down the slide ...it was intense! So parents, before you complain, ride the slide yourself. Being a lifeguard for 10+ years gives me a little idea of the wisdom in the height requirement.

We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing the water, you will have a great view.
1  Thank Amy_and_3_Cockers
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some helpful tips for future guests. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay on property. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The room was exactly as described and clean too! We were in bldg 5 and it was a great location. We never had any problems finding parking and the time share people never even bothered us- probably because we took the kids and left our husbands at home. Our only issue was having our groceries delivered to our room. I ordered groceries from an online site and I went to the front desk to pick them up. I was told they had them and would deliver them. 2.5 hours later and 5 angry phone calls later we got our groceries.

The beds were super comfy and the layout of our 2 bedroom deluxe was great. With the large tub and sinks separated in the master it was easy to get everyone ready in the mornings. LOTS of space in the bathrooms to get things done- even the smaller bathroom was good size. The outside of the property was very pretty and the pools were amazing. Better IMO than Disney property. We were less than 12 minutes to the furthest park-MK -- and that's parking spot to parking spot. I could get to Epcot parking lot in under 4 minutes- crazy close! For location purposes- look at a disney map- the plot of land next to Caribbean beach resort is Bonnet Creek. You are on property IM0. You just don't get better than that unless you pay for a monorail resort.

We booked through a private timeshare company---PM me for details-- and got a deal that was about 30% less than what regular sites are offering price wise. Making a 2 bedroom just over the cost of a value resort or just under a moderate. All the appliances were in working order- very nice steak knives even! You really can't go wrong here. We are going next December (2014) and already know we are staying her again for sure! Place was really amazing for the price!

Also- I have a strong feeling the beds in our room were new and that everyone is getting new beds. I saw 100s of mattresses in plastic wrap on property :) The beds in our room were AMAZING. NIce pillow tops :)

2  Thank asmit4

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some helpful tips for future guests. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the bedding accommodations and unit amenities available. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here for a week in a two bedroom, two bath, with great views of the fireworks and not to mention the location was awesome. The pools, restaurants and activities for kids were very nice. We really loved this resort and felt so relaxed and well taken care of during our stay. The only complaint I have is our experience with the staff during our presentation. These guys are very nice until you say the word NO. They were so pushy and down right rude to the point that I became seriously offended and asked for the manager. I understand they want us to buy into the property THAT DAY, but when you disrespect our decision and treat us poorly, guess what, you lost my business for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2campout

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your unit view of the fireworks and the onsite activities for kids. We apologize for any issues you encountered with our sales team. We know it is important to feel completely comfortable when on vacation. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.