“Better than the reviews led us to believe”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #84 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Better than the reviews led us to believe”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were booked at Bonnet Creek and then looked at reviews. I was a little worried but as soon as we got checked in all worries were alleviated. The room was a 2bedroom deluxe with 2 full beds
in one room and a king in the master. The master had a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The other bathroom was spacious with a washroom and separate toilet and shower/bath combo.
There was a nice den type area and spacious kitchen and dining area. The entire complex was very well kept and very clean and well maintained. We never needed any type service to the room throughout the week. There is washer and dryer in the room. There are many amenities on the property. It is located right in the heart of Disney: Only about a half mile from Downtown Disney. The only complaint we had was a giant bump in the sleeper sofa which made it almost unusable. other than that it was GREAT! The staff was very professional and pleasant. Would definitely stay here again if coming to the Orlando area to do Disney or the park scene. Oh , and by the way, when we checked in we told them we were not interested in their sales presentation. We never heard about it again.

Room Tip: Tower 2 was super
5 Thank Vatterup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,166)
  • Polish first
Houston, TX
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We just returned from a 1 week stay and found the resort to be fantastic. It is a very nice looking property, very well maintained, and perfectly located right near the heart of Disney. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with gorgeous pool/lake views from building 5. Having a fully equipped kitchen, and separate beds for the kids is a far superior alternative to hotel living. Additionally, we saved quite a bit of time (and money) by eating many meals in our room, choosing to dine out on occasion rather than constantly. Our only regret is not getting the kids involved in some of the many organized activities throughout the week, but they did enjoy the ping pong and mini golf. We are already looking forward to a return visit in 2 years.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BHtrade
baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I just returned from a week's vacation with my wife, son, daughter-in-law and 5 grandchildren ranging in ages from 3 months to 13 years. This propery offers so much that you don't have to spend $100/day per person to go to a themepark. (If you include tickets, parking, food, souveniers etc, $100 is conservative.) In addition to a number of pools, lzay rivers, minature golf, volley ball, and play grounds, they have arts and crafts and other activities throughout the day. We stayed in a 4 bedroom presidential unit and it's fantastic.

Room Tip: ask for a room that gives a view of fireworks at Epcot.
3 Thank atslk
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We didn't spend much time here, as we were supposed to be at the Hilton for a corporate retreat, but they overbooked, so we were sent across the street to the Wyndham. The only reason I am writing this review is because the Check-in was so difficult. My husband reserved 2 rooms, one for us and one for my 24 year old daughter. This was by phone, and he requested they be close together. We were 4 floors apart, and our rooms were reversed. My 24 year old daughter was given the room we reserved and they said we couldn't switch. We did, anyway. Turns out tho, we shouldn't have switched, because our room overlooked the roof below us, and hers overlooked the golf course. Anyway, check-in took close to an hour, and they weren't very friendly. All we did was sleep there, so other than check-in, every thing else was okay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dunfer
Phoenix
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We will be going back to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort for our 4th family Disneyworld vacation, Our group of 12 love the resort, and really enjoy the time spent there. The grand kids, and adults look forward to Disneyworld, but we also enjoy all the extra stuff that the resort has to keep us entertained. I could make a trip to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort without ever leaving the property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael Y
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had two condos here for a week in early August. The three bedroom had two kings bedrooms and 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds. Our two bedroom unit had 1 king bedroom and 1 with two queens. Both had comfortable dining areas and living room. The three bedroom had a beautiful view over the lake, pools and lazy river. The two bedroom had a view of the front parking lot. Thankfully we had the three bedroom unit to migrate to if we wanted to sit outside. We really enjoyed the property but do want to share some downsides. First, if you do not have a car the transportation cost to the various parks is expensive. $6 per person per day to the Disney Properties and more to the others plus they do not run all day or that frequently. Our family voted that a BIG NEGATIVE. Second, the pools are very crowded, the lazy river barely moved for bodies, and getting a grill outside to cook was a challenge. While we are not unhappy to have stayed there, we would probably opt for an on property hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm a room looking over the center lake or you will be staring at a parking lot no ma...
3 Thank Ddavislaw
Oxford, PA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We returned last Tuesday from a week's stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The grounds are nice and the property couldn't have been better situated for us, since we were there for the WDW parks. Resort is literally inside the WDW gates. As close or closer to parks that some Disney properties. This was the major plus for us.

Having said that, we did experience some customer service issues, as I've noticed others have mentioned. We arrived at the resort at 12:15 and knew that check in was at 4:00 but hoped we would be able to check in early. Our room was not ready, so we did a "pre-check-in" and was told room would be ready between 2:00 and 4:00. I had requested any room other than a parking lot view weeks before, which was confirmed by the associate I worked with. Since our room wasn't ready, we decided to go to the supermarket & grab some lunch. We returned at 3:40 and were told our room still wasn't ready and that it would be ready between 4:00 and 6:00. I told them that I would understand if we had to wait until 4:00 but that since we had been there early, the latter time frame wasn't acceptable. We were told that there were no rooms available at the time and the rooms that had become available had been assigned to customers who came to the resort after our pre-check-in and the male representative was borderline rude. I left the counter and returned after a few minutes and dealt with a different associate, Tabitha, who was very accommodating. I told her that I had been there earlier, that the last associate told me that rooms had been assigned after our early check-in and that I review here on TripAdvisor regularly and would include this in my review. She went to her manager and miraculously found an available room for us in the newest, nicest tower. However, when we got to our room, while it was very nice, we were facing....you guessed it, a parking lot. We went back to the front desk and were, of course, told that no others were available; that they were actually short 11 rooms for the day. I asked if I could check in the morning to see if a different room was available and was told that I could but that there would be a fee of $99 to change rooms, plus a $75 cleaning fee, so I said, no thank you. We thought we would try to stick it out in the room but woke up really bummed the next day with that view. I went back to the front desk, spoke with someone new, who again, talked to the manager and found us a room with a pool/lake view. A little bit older building but much better view. I was told that they would have to charge us a cleaning fee of $75 (different than fee I had been told the day before) but at that point, it was worth it. They put a hold of $150 on my card (which they said was optionally and I declined) and told me that the charge would be taken from that at the end of my stay and nothing else.

As a side note regarding check-in, after I was assigned our first room, we were routed to the concierge desk, where the parking passes are issued, which makes the check-in process far too long. I did deal with a nice representative, who attempted to discuss their timeshare presentation but I assured her that we weren't interested. She called a couple of days later but when I told her we would definitely not attend, she was polite about it and didn't bother us about it again. I realize this is a timeshare resort but I really don't like having to deal with that aspect as a vacation renter.

Overall, the room was pretty nice. Although, I did find a clump of hair in the shower, on the night stand and attached to the air vent. Having a kitchen and wash/dryer is invaluable to us. We ate breakfast in every morning and packed lunch every day for the parks. Super nice coming home with clean clothes!

The resort is massive. Nice grounds but too large, too many people for me. Not enough ground parking. They do have parking garages but at the end of the day at the park, it's a pain to have to park on the third floor and have to walk far to your room.

Most of the pools are a bit too small for the number of guests. From our first room, were in front of a pirate ship with zero level water entry, which was packed and had some form of entertainment/games going on that were WAY too loud for us. From our second room, we were in front of a lazy river, which was also pretty full. We could find chairs, though. Neither were especially clean. Water wasn't super clear and lots of leaves, mulch, etc. Mixed bag of guests. After a few days, we went exploring and found that the main pool, which was very nice. Much cleaner, brighter, prettier. We were much happier there for the remainder of our stay.

There are several restaurants. We ate at Tesoro Cove, which was surprisingly good. Got burgers our last day at the sandwich shop by main pool, also pretty good. Had the pizza one night from La Cucina. Not good, if you're used to good pizza but had a sandwich which was very good.

We had an issue with the air conditioning one afternoon when we returned from the parks, which was addressed right away. A tech guy was there within ten minutes of our call and only had to change battery in thermostat. Called for toilet tissues once and were also accommodated quickly.

The first day of our stay put a bad taste in our mouths but we felt better at the resort as the week went on. We were at Disney, so that did make things much better! I wasn't unhappy by the end but would probably stay somewhere else next time and wouldn't be my first recommendation.

5 Thank MelissaCap