“Almost Perfect”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Almost Perfect”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

When I first heard about Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the affordability of it in comparison to staying at a Disney Resort, I was super excited. We stayed in a two bedroom suite in the timeshare portion of the resort. There are 6 towers that are timeshares and the main Wyndham Hotel. We rented from a timeshare owner. Upon arrival and throughout our stay I was very impressed by the staff at the resort and the facilities. Our room was immaculate and spacious. The beds were comfortable and the units were nicely furnished.
The pools and grounds were very nice and maintained very well.
The only things keeping me from giving it 5 stars across the board is the newly enacted $5 per round trip shuttle fee to the Disney Parks. When we originally booked, the shuttles were included. The fees cost us $120 that we hadn't budgeted for and that was unpleasant. I also think that if you are going to charge for the shuttle, it should run more often.
My only other issue was that the wifi was spotty and unreliable and I had to sign in every day.
I would definitely recommend Bonnet Creek but I would consider a car rental.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Kevin F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,155)
  • Polish first
ny
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a 3br in tower 6. 3nd time here and same tower. Did the whole try for a tower looking at fireworks with high floor for the kids no luck. Still think it is one of best Wyndham has to offer but what can I say. .... 4 calls? Really I said no getting parking pass I own and have kids at Disney. Other then that best timeshare near Disney that isn't dvc. Love it.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank kevinSL
Morganton, NC
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great vacation! This resort is very, very nice. I booked through Vacation Strategy and received an excellent deal on a 2 bedroom unit. We did visit 2 parks, however, I'm glad that I read the reviews before planning our vacation, and reserved some of our time for just the resort. With 5 pools, a playground and activities scheduled every day, there is so much to do just at the resort. It looked as if they take great care of the buildings, the landscaping and all of the facilities. The walkway around the lake provides an excellent place for running/walking. The pools were usually empty around 8:00/9:00 in the morning. All of the staff were courteous and helpful as well. We turned down the $100 timeshare tour, saying we were too busy, and were not bothered again. We could have chosen a parking lot view in one of the newer Towers (5,6) or a lake view in Tower 1, we chose the lake view in Tower 1, very glad we did. My 4 year-old actually cried when we left, but there is always next year!

Room Tip: Opt for a lake view, if possible.
1 Thank NCLily
Calgary
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our first trip to Orlando, and we were delighted by the quality and cleanliness of our deluxe 1 bedroom suite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. And after tramping around WDW theme parks for 3 days, it was really nice to be able to spend a couple of relaxing days enjoying the pools and lazy rivers at BCR.

It was nice to have some reasonably priced food alternatives right on site; even though we had a fully functional kitchen in our suite. We were in Tower 5, which is a 2 minute walk to the Wyndham Grand Orlando Hotel. We enjoyed a couple of wonderful buffet breakfasts at the Tesoro Cove restaurant at WGOH, and a couple of sunset dinners at the adjacent Back Bay Bar & Grill. We also ordered pizza from La Cocina in Tower 3 of the BCR and it was excellent..

Shuttle service to WDW parks was quite convenient, and since there were just 2 of us, the $5.00 per person round-trip fare was cost effective. Once we were at a WDW park we used the free Disney buses to move between parks and Downtown Disney; catching the shuttle back to the resort when the day was done.

The staff at the resort were very welcoming and attentive. Check-in & check-out were fast and efficient. We were invited to attend an Owners Update Session, but decided not to accept as we were on an "Extra" vacation booked through RCI. Our refusal was accepted with grace, and we were not bothered by any follow-up calls.

We would recommend this resort to our friends and family; particularly those travelling with small children. The pools and lazy rivers are well designed for little ones, and all the water features are behind gates that small kids will be unable to open. The Activities Centre offers mini-golf, pool tables, ping-pong, and arcade games and the Fitness Centre, although small in size, was clean and well equiped.

Room Tip: We were in Tower 5, with a west facing room #991, overlooking the lake. It was very quiet, and we d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PappaToopy
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creet Resort in Orlando as reparation for having had a recent very poor experience at another Wyndham affiliated hotel resort in Orlando during our last Christmas Holiday. We stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creet Resort for three days in April 4/23/13 thru 4/26/13.

We accepted the invitation and upon our arrival and entrance into the resort, we realized the resort was much more than we could have ever imagined. In fact, I thought the Garmin gave me the wrong directions. I checked in and was in shock, when they said, yes, you have a reservation! .I thought I drove to the wrong resort.. We completely and thoroughly enjoyed our short stay and the accomodations and services were excellent. The pools, the lazy river and the surroundings were like paradise to us all. The two bedroom deluxe suite was so beautiful. Kitchen had everything you needed, beds so comfy and large balacony, etc it was awsome!. We had recently lost our two sons, my daughter-in- law, her husband, so this vacation meant so much to our family. All of us together in this beautiful resort what else could you ask for. It was a time for healing for us all. In fact, I loved all the children at the pool, all ages, it brought back so many memories of our family.

We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the resort quite honestly, didn't want to leave. Its so convenient to the restaurants, Disney, Epcot, Blizzards Beach, etc. Its right in the middle of everything that you could ever want and on Disney property. We anticipate and hope to stay here again next April. We plan to make the Wyndham a yearly family get-to-gether vacation spot. Thank you Wyndham and your excellent staff. They were outstanding and so accomodating, No complaints from this family, we loved every minute of our stay. Thanks again, for more wonderful memories. . The Powers Family.

Room Tip: We were in Tower 2. Opposite side of Disney Fireworks display. Would like to face the pool area ne...
1 Thank Nancy P
florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We booked this resort through Vacation Strategy a company that manages owners points and rents for owners. The property is very nice. Pools, spas, lazy rivers, mini golf and water sliders. The rooms are beautiful and have everything you need. The restaurants are very expensive. Great location, close to Disney parks. Also close to Publix, Target and other restaurants. I do have one complaint. I booked this vacation with friends months before our arrival. We both requested that we would like to be next door to each other or at least on the same floor. We were told that shouldn't be a problem. A few days before arrival we again told them we wanted to be close. Well we were put in the same building but not even on the same floor. I can tell you that the rooms on the side of us were empty. And the rooms next to our friends were empty too. Not the best customer service when the resort was not full and we only had one request. Also this is a time share property and the desk that you get your parking pass from is the sales desk. They are very pushing I told them I would never buy and wasn't interested. What part of I'm not interested and buying a time share is a bad investment did you not get. I had to get rude and even then the guy was still not listening to me. I would stay here again but next time I pick up my parking pass they will not like how rude I will be to them if they don't accept my first NO I'm not interested reply.

Room Tip: Be ready for high pressure time share sales people when you check in. Don't expect to get the vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FloridaRetired2009
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We loved our stay here and wished we had stayed longer. Spacious quality accommodation, we had full cooking facilities, huge fridge, spa bath and ground floor unit for a great off peak rate. The closest resort to Disneyworld, lots of pool areas and nice staff.

Room Tip: You will need to hire a car to get around. Watch out for hidden costs -we were quoted $130 USA for 5...