Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
3,994 results
All reviewslazy riversparking passtime sharebedroom deluxedisney parksmini golfsales pitchfull kitchentimeshare presentationparking lot viewepcot fireworksfireworks viewwasher and dryerwater slidesthree bedroomping pongmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for each of the past 6 years - usually 10 days at a time (to visit Disney). We have always had great experiences until this year. in the past....it seemed most of the negative reviews were for two reasons - 1) the constant harassment for a sales tour and 2) the fact that many people did not understand that this was not a full service hotel, but a time share. Those people were anticipating daily room cleanings, fresh sheets each day, etc........ So.....for those people......Wyndham Bonnet Creek (BCR) (and similar Wyndham vacation properties) are NOT hotels. They are time share units and you will not receive daily maid service. But....you get a condominium style room with a full kitchen. This is great is you want to save money and cook your own meals - or even bring your own beer/drinks so the resort bars don't rob you blind. They also have many room options - from 1 bedroom to 4 bedrooms - so it is great if you want to bring an extended family (or friends) and all stay together. The location is great (within Disney gates), just beside the Disney Caribbean Resort. They offer an excellent shuttle service which runs promptly about every quarter to half hour. This will save you a bunch of money as parking is about $14 at the parks. There are now quite a few dining options at BCR, but they are all over-priced in my opinion. I actually think it is cheaper to eat at the Disney parks now - assuming you dine at the quick service restaurants. Example - Hamburger at BCR is approx. $9 and does NOT include fries. They give chips and will NOT substitute anything. And the burger is smallish. At Disney.....most burgers/sandwiches are about $9 as well.....but they are larger, tastier and you get fries. The kids meals are also cheaper and much better at Disney. At BCR - a kids meal hot dog is $6. It comes with carrots and apple sauce. And they will NOT allow substitution. My child does not eat either, so this is just a waste of food and money. BCR is trying to force you to buy the $2.25 fries on top of the $6 meal. At Disney.......you can get a pizza, or chicken leg, etc. with two sides (you choose from a menu - which includes fries) and a drink. So....at Disney....you have more options, it taste better AND it is cheaper!!! And you thought Disney was trying to take all your money. Seems BCR wants it more than Disney. This also leads in to one of my complaints with this visit. I ordered a kids meal hot dog at the grill by tower 4 on two different days. The kids meal comes with a drink, so I asked for an apple juice as we do not allow our child to drink soda. The bartended said all he has is soda, but I told him our child doesn't drink soda. So he said we could get a juice from one of his bar mixers (OJ/Pineapple/Cranberry). So we got a Pineapple juice - no problem. Good customer service. The 2nd time we went there, the bartender became upset when I asked for the Pineapple juice (as we offered to us previously). He said it isn't allowed and did it anyway, but smirked at me and was shaking his head back and worth (as if to say no..no...no) the entire time he poured the juice. He was trying to make me feel bad about something that was offered to us previously without any demands from our side. Horrible customer service. How dare he try to make me feel bad about this. And they should offer juice anyway with kids meals. This particular guy was older with glasses and a goatee - I would steer clear of him. Also....when you buy to-go food, the credit card slip says a 15%-20% tip is customary. for what??????? It is carry out food. I don't pay McDonalds, or Subway, or anyone else a tip for carryout food. That is also annoying.
Another large problem this time - the "lazy river". It is NOT lazy. it is a ZOO!!!!! I never recall having this issue in the past, but now there seems to be no adult supervision or rowdy kids. They are knocking people out of the way and creating huge waves in the pool and running along the edge of the river and in the median (which is forbidden) and then jumping into the river - which splashes everyone and could also cause harm to themselves or others. And even a few adults did this while we were there. And only once did I see a BCR employee telling the kids to get off the wall and to not stack up the tubes, etc. I had to yell at some kids that knocked into an older gentleman who was carrying a newborn infant in the river. Something must be done to bring some sanity to that situation.
Concerning the Sales Pitch - I guess it was never an issue as my mom always went to the pitch, so I guess that saved us from harassing phone calls. I knew they would call, so I took our phone off the hook. But....one night I forgot to leave it off the hook (after checking a message) and the phone rang the next morning at 8:05am! This woke up everyone on our vacation and created ill will towards BCR. They should stop the harassment. I could also see they must have called the room 3-5 times a day because of the missed calls.
So......because of the above issues, my opinion of BCR has really slipped this year.
Tip - we flew to Orlando this year (in the past we drove). We called BCR for info on transportation to/from the airports. They suggested Maingate and Mears. These were both pretty expensive and you had to ride in shared vans going to several resorts - so you would lose vacation time. Or...you would have to pay much more for a private vehicle. I went to the website - allears.net - and they suggested Happy Limousine. They were AWESOME!!!!! The cost was about $130 roundtrip. They also suggest a 20% tip, so figure that into your calculations. But the key for me was the fact that they will take you buy a Publix grocery store on your way to the BCR. (15 minutes). If you stay longer, they can charge about $1 a minute. We were there for about 30 minutes, but my guy didn't charge us extra, so I just added what we would have paid to his tip. Also.....the driver is waiting for you in baggage claim with a sign with your name. And you ride in a sedan directly to your hotel. And the return was also prompt. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Happy Limo!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully BCR will work on these issues. But it is still a beautiful resort. Just take your own food and drink and avoid the Sales Pitch.

Room Tip: I would choose a room overlooking the lake.
7  Thank hilburno
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have stayed at the Bonnet Creek resort several times and on each visit we are more than satisfied. We stayed in building 6 which is the newest building. The unit was in top condition and we had a good view overlooking the lakes. We could see fireworks from our balcony. We had dinner at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Hotel, The food was good but you can get an equal dinner at a lower price off site. This resort has such beautiful grounds and they are well maintained. Everyone we came in contact with was helpful and courteous. One of the best things about this resort is its proximity to the theme parks. One day we drove our car to WDW, after observing the free bus system offered by Wyndham we took the bus and this worked very well. The Wi-Fi had a strong signal. When you log into Wi-Fi be careful make sure you use the secured Wyndham Wi-Fi signal. I made a mistake and use an unsecured Wi-Fi signal and got a malware on my computer, which hijacked my email accounts. I had to reformat the computer to get rid of it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are quieter and give you the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank intrepid9742
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed in a 2br deluxe July 28-Aug 4. We were in Tower 2 4th floor overlooking volleyball area. Unit was large, clean and modern. Ample space on deck which we used to watch Epcot fireworks. What I liked: location is ideal. very close to Boardwalk area. Actually closer to Disney parks then some Disney timeshares (OKW and SSR). Unit was recently refurbished with granite countertops and comfortable furniture. View of Epcot fantastic. Bus service to parks very convenient. Front desk (Lewie) very accomodating. grounds are beautiful and well kept. Concerns: nothing major but thought I'd point them out....couldn't get on a bus one morning due to overcrowding. Pools are very busy (resort is large). My children complained of noise at night from adjoining unit (not sure if this is due to thin walls or just obnoxiously loud guests.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I saw alot of suggestions recommending Tower 6 because it's the newest. I found the pool area (pirate ship pool) to be very busy. Tower 6 is HUGE. I enjoyed our location in Tower 2.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We arrived at the hotel right at check in time (which I think is very late) 4 pm. They said the room wasn't ready and it would be 15 minutes or it could be a a couple hours. Which wouldn't be a huge deal if we didn't have 3 kids under the age of 3. We just wanted to get checked in and settled. I asked for a fireworks view in a tower if we had to wait why not wait for something better. During the check in process a room opened up and we were able to check in right away. Or so I thought. I had to wait in another line to get my 10 minutes of listening to myself say no no no no to all the "great deals" I was going to be missing out. Dinner, money, free show tickets. Finally I was able to break free and back to the car to unload. They had carts which we found out after the van was unloaded. Free of charge too. Room was nice. Sofa's were all ripped up, pretty bad too. They placed a note apologizing for the condition of the furniture and said everything was clean and they are working with the manufacturer to resolve the issue though out the building. If this was a Disney hotel, that furniture would have never been left there. The carpets were filthy but after walking in the parks all day and then back in the room it expected. We had a 14 month old that was on the floor a lot which was gross but nothing we could really do. In half hours time your white socks were turning black. Tv in the master bedroom didn't work. But never really had time to watch it. Lights and fans were a little caked with dust. And found out this the hard way.... The slider out to the deck has to be fully closed tight or the a.c. Won't run. 2 nights on the 13th floor in July with no a.c. Less than comfortable. Kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed. Grocery store was close by, a little pricey it I guess that's expected. So nice and close to Epcot and Hollywood studios (MGM) magic kingdom 10 mins away and a short trip on the monorail from the ticket and transportation area. Animal kingdom about the same 8-10 mins away. We never had to bother with the buses and the car was so fast to the parks it was really better than trying to hold up the bus and collapse the strollers and hold onto the kids and diaper bags etc. Pools were really nice and right outside the tower doors. Zero entry made it nice with the kids. Very shocked there was no life guards as there was always a handful of unsupervised children. The kids weren't loud and obnoxious had one accident with kids jumping into lazy river and teeth vs skull came into play. If there were life guards I'm guessing they could have kept that from going that far. Nice splash pad kiddy pool area but the water was freezing and the kids loved the other pools so no loss really. Staff was mostly polite. The guys on the golf carts riding around the resort don't really stop for you to walk or drive by. Took the phones off the hook after my first wake up call at 6:45 to confirm my " informational update" was scheduled for 7:30. Wasn't to thrilled with that but didn't wake the others in the other bedroom. It was nice enough a place to stay mostly for its location to Disney, the pools and grounds maintenance. Need to work on the check in time being a little earlier and actually being able to check in at that time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank srfdoggin
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were in tower 4, and our room was huge, my teenage girls had their own room and bathroom, kitchen had all amenities, dishwasher, fridge and freezer, DVD player in room , TV in every room, whirlpool bath, short walk to main pool, never had trouble getting a sun bed, staff all seemed really nice.
Close to all Disney parks, when we checked in we were told to go to another desk for a parking permit, beware this is to book you in for a time share meeting, we were so tired from the flight and really didn't need this, we just wanted to go to our room and relax, I think he booked us in for an 8.00 meeting, but we never went, they did call our room every day, but we ignored it.
We did order pizza from on-site restaurant, but they are very slow, so don't order if you are hungry.
Only criticism I have is the walls are so thin, you can pratically hear every word next door are saying, luckily we were tired from parks, otherwise this could be a problem, one night I did sleep in my daughters room to get to sleep.
Overall for the price, it was loverly, would stay again.

Room Tip: Pick Tower 4 or main building to be by main pool
2  Thank HairyCamels