“Honeymoon Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC
“Honeymoon Stay”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here in April 2012, and the room we had was simply fantastic! We were in Orlando for 3.5 days of our honeymoon, and wish we could have stayed longer. had we known how great this resort would be, we probably would have! The rooms are new, and spacious, and super clean, and downright nice. My only complaint was, some of the other guests liked to leave trash sitting in the hall way, but I can't stress how nice this place was. Parking was pretty easy (although if you plan to head out to Downtown Disney or City Walk at night, parking can be hard to find outside of the garages past about 8pm).

I wish we had more time, to enjoy all the activities the facilities had to offer, since we were on a short leash for time, we spent our days at Universal and Disney, so didn't have much time to hit up pools etc, but they looked amazing.

The hotel staff was all gracious, and helpful for any questions we had.

Our next trip down to Orlando, we really want to use the in-laws time share capabilities to land a place here again! 10 minutes or so to Magic Kingdom parking lot, and maybe 7 minutes to parking for Downtown Disney, this place has PRIME location!

I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NFPDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,155)
  • Polish first
erie
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have stayed at this resort MANY times. I feel that the 2 bedroom condo's are laid out great and the balconies are spacious. The accomodations are New and comfortable. The kitchens contain everythign that you may need. There are several pools and a lazy river which make it nice if you are traveling with young children. Often there is music in the evening in different parts of the resort. There is a small but nice gym for everyone to use. Also, pool tables are available and computers.
There are activities for the children to do during the day AND shuttles to some of the parks - DISNEY parks for sure.
I have never been disappointed staying here and would highly recommend it. We rented a 4 bedroom penthouse and will be staying there for a week in July.

Room Tip: i like the NEWER section. It has a lazy river behind it and a bar area where music is often going on...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kristin k
Renton, Washington
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had high hopes for BCR but they were dashed the minute we checked in. It started with commitments made by the Club Wyndham Concierge not being fulfilled by the resort (might have been my lack of understanding) where we were led to believe that we had certain rooms reserved and being told by the front desk that the rooms are controlled at the resort (no communication between them???) and they had no record of specific rooms being held. I called the concierge while checking in and they said they showed a "do not move" on specific rooms. My wife and I were at the resort two days earlier than the rest of our party so we were also concerned that our two units be close to each other.

When we got to our unit we found torn upholstery on two of three bar stools, worn arms on the couch, the drawer in the bottom of the stove broken and many other small maintenance items when taken all together add up to at best a mediocre experience. When we checked in to our second unit it was like no one had listened at all because there was no record that we wanted rooms to be close. Luckily, they did give us rooms on the same floor in the same building.

When we tried to make up the hide-a-bed we found that there was no blanket and only one sheet. Calling the front desk was an exercise of being on hold for 5-10 minutes and making a request that would never be filled. We were able to borrow bed linens from the other room so called and cancelled the request for bed linens only to have them show up 30 min. later.

The final straw was when our kids called at 12:30am to say that none of their key cards would let them into the room. This necessitated us getting up and going to the front desk to get new keys (knowing that a call would likely be ignored or take too long to fill) so they could get the grandchildren to bed after a long day in the parks.

The next morning I went and had a long discussion with one of the assistant managers who listened very carefully and took notes and committed to research the problems and find out what had happened. We'll see how this plays out... She did give me 3 $25 food and beverage vouchers, that we did not have an opportunity to use but passed them on to another family.

Since we are Wyndham owners and love Walt Disney World it is likely that we will return to stay at Bonnet Creek in the future, but we will know what to expect and hopefully be more pleasantly surprised but better service and maintenance.

Room Tip: No WI-FI in any rooms except Presidential Suites, Lobbies or Building 6 which is the newest building...
5 Thank CWLee
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We own here and this was our first time staying and found oursleves disappointed with the cleanliness and the responsiveness of the resort staff. We traveled with 6 people and had a 3 bedroom unit in building 4, unit 264.

To start off, we requested a high floor and ended up with a 2nd floor unit. The unit faced the outer edge of the property and was quiet and peaceful although we would have preferred a higher unit with better views. We did see the top of fireworks from???(hollywood studious, closest park) around 9 each night we were around the unit.

The probelms we had were that we were told in person by a maintenance staff that they would bring us a remote control for one of the tv's within a day, after this statement, we never heard from the maintenance staff again ( a courtesy we don't have another remote after assuring us we would have one by the next day would have been appropriate).

Cleanliness - severall items \

Pull out sofa - not only was the sofa in taters and very bad condition, we found trash as we pulled it out, we would have expected the cleaning staff to have cleaned this trash out prior to arrival.

General cleanliness - our unit was clearly not vacuumed before our arrival, and we did arrive early and waited several hours for a unit so this normal task should have been completed by the Wyndham staff.

Other general cleanliness - the hallways were litttered with trash and trash bags either from other unit occupants or housekeeping. This is a normal type of event, however, the trash was not removed in a timely manner causing a concern for proper sanitation. Wyndham member services claimed that housekeeping was a third pary vendor and it was their fault. In my opinion, regardless of whose fault it is, it is a very poor reflection on Wyndham.

We contacted the front desk on multiple occassions, and in a couple of instances they did not follow through with what they told us.

We used the gym at the Hotel several days, the hotel gym is much nicer than the 2 other gyms located within the timeshare bulidings.

In the future I would likely prefer a Disney resort or something within walking distance to Downtown Disney as it is a haslle dealing with Wyndham Bonnet Creeks transportation.

Room Tip: Building 4 is old.
3 Thank umass123
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2012

When I first checked in Sunday, May 6th my room was in building 5...that late afternoon after unpacking I realized the master shower head was dangling and broken when I went to start the shower. (water went everywhere including my face) I called the operator and was very upset as I was soaked. A serviceman was sent and explained that the hotel is green (as he ran all water in the unit for 15 minutes and it still was lukewarm) told us that this was the hottest it is in every unit. I found that hard to believe!) I demanded to be moved and was moved to building 6 (newest building). The shower head was not broke and the hot water was just fine. (But some kitchen utensils were missing...that were in the other unit.) The rest of the stay went fabulous and no issues whatsoever. The sale people would call non-stop and I attempted to take the master bedroom phone off the hook, then 5 minutes later the kitchen phone rang anyway? (separate lines) LOL The buses were right on time to and from all parks. (exact and will leave within minutes, so be there early) Note: When retrieving my parking pass in the beginning, I agreed to attend the sales presentation, yet never showed up and that worked wonderfully. But, the whole time they BLEW UP the phones! I enjoyed grilling 3 nights in a row on the gas grills, but want to notate they could be cleaned more frequently with so many people grilling back to back. We enjoyed watching the fireworks in building 1 on the 7th floor every evening at 9pm in a Presidential Unit. (Beautiful) We had the lobby call for a shuttle to come and take us back and forth to Building 1. We were pleasantly surprised that we were given a parking pass for our adult son to visit, therefore he did not have to foot the cost for parking. Overall, I loved this resort and will come again real soon, as I will be checking out tomorrow. Phooey! (Sad goodbyes) "I'll miss the evening jacuzzi and lazy river fun after the parks and dinner!"

Room Tip: Building 6 is the newest, Building 3 is the oldest.....ask for all parking passes up front for your...
4 Thank Jiffyjoe
Glen Ridge
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The complex with it's MANY ammenities such as 2 lazy rivers, so many pools and hot tubs, mini golf, restaurants and bars plus much more. The free shuttles to Disney is great. You can go to a different pool every day and not be bored. The rooms are nice an spacious but are starting to look a little tired. The food was very good for a resort and reasonable. We would absolutely go again. I do hate the double check in though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ahbaggins
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Just got back Friday May 11th from 2 weeks at Wyndham Bonnet Creek this place never dissapoints we only had a couple issues those being,
A lightbulb exploded had a couple bugs and Parking late at night also our internet cord was broken the first night we got there. We were building 5 Room 195 right at ground level on Pool side if you get any of these rooms you may hear music or kids early in the morning so don't plan on sleeping in too much lol.
Everyone there was very nice staff always pleasant and you can use the facilities in the Wyndham Grand right beside Bonnet Creek also new restaurants.
I love going here and can't wait ti go back next year. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

1 Thank Ryan J