“LOVE BONNET CREEK! WE WILL BE BACK! OUR FAV NOW!!!”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #87 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We just got back from two weeks at Bonnet Creek, Checking out Aug 26th. WE LOVED IT!!!
We stayed in TOwer 5, and can only rave about the room and the location.a great lazy river pool and jacuzzi downstairs.
Pool stayed open until MIDNIGHT, which is great when coming home late from the parks.
my only complaint was the pool was a little warm.
Room was nice sized and very clean. we had a 2 bedroom deluxe. Full size washer and dryer. great balcony, and it was screened in
There are also BBQ grills downstairs by the pool , no charge to use them, which we utilized several times, what a money saver. Some other resorts charge to use, but not Bonnet Creek.
Construction was going on, they are making a new building and another pool and jacuzzi.
Now about the time shares being so agressive, so many people write bad reviews because they choose to go to a time share breakfast. well shame on them! First of all you are going to the timeshare breakfast because you want money or cheaper park tickets, so face it, they are going to try to get you to buy. but to give this beautiful resort a lower rating for that is terrible.
I declined the timeshare breakfast. I already own two, do not want any more of them and stood my ground and refused to go.
This place is top notch! WE love it and will be back! Cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank deelovesdis
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed in a 3 Bedroom Presidential using our Wyndham timeshare points. The unit itself is beautifully decorated and has all of the amenities needed for a 4 night stay. It is in need of some minor maintenance (kitchen faucet is nearly off, door stops behind doors are broken off), as well as a thorough spring cleaning (wipe all fingerprints off doors, polish furniture to remove drink marks) but overall, it remains one of the best timeshares we have ever staying in over 25+ years of ownership. There is free parking, which is really appreciated in view of the cost of ownership, as well as a free shuttle running to Disneyworld. For other attractions, you need to pay a fee or drive yourself. The pools and lazy river are perfect for traveling with small children. There is a heavy push for timeshare sales, but if you just ignore the phone calls and stand your ground at check in, you will be fine. Really, this is as good as a resort can get!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bigmama4k
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My family stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort for a week in April. We travelled with our kids aged 7 and 10. They enjoyed the pools and the lazy river. The property was well maintained. Our room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff are very friendly. We would definitely stay here next time we visit Disney.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Somi T
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Wyndham Bonnet Creek has been my family's favorite vacation destination for the past six years and that hasn't changed. It is a beautiful resort that boasts many wonderful amenities. I'm going to spend the next few minutes of your time telling you some of our personal favorites and some concerns that you (and possibly the resort if they're reading this) should know. We stayed in building 5 which is our favorite because it overlooks one of the two lazy rivers. The newest building, #6, has a pirate ship themed water slide and pool. All of the buildings wrap around a lake. Presently there are a total of 6 buildings (oldest to newest numerically). A hotel is being built that will complete the loop around the lake. The resort has numerous pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, minigolf, sand volleyball, game rooms, snack bars, rec centers, outdoor movies and numerous activities for children (some req. a small fee). It is located beside Disney's Grand Carribean Resort but is not owned by Disney. However, they do offer free transportation (not Disney buses) to all of the parks and Downtown Disney.
As I said this is a lovely resort and still remains my choice when visiting this area. However, I need to tell what happened during our most recent trip (July 9th - 24th) to make you aware that it has its flaws. I requested a room about a month in advance and called a day ahead to verify my request. I was told that they had my request. Upon arriving, I got in line #1 at the reservation desk. I was told that no rooms were available in the building that I requested. Since I was staying for two weeks, I requested to be moved to my desired building when a unit became available and that request was honored. However, it did require an inconvenient move for us. We were assigned a temporary unit and got in line #2 for our parking pass (which is a decoy for trying to sell you a timeshare since they could very easily hand you a parking pass at the reservation desk). While in line #2, I started a conversation with the people in line behind me. We discovered through our conversation that we had both been assigned to the same unit. We both got out of line #2 and went back to line #1. I offered for the desk clerk to move me to a different unit and allow the other guest to have our assigned unit since this was their first visit to Bonnet Creek and we would be changing units during our stay anyway. Both families returned to line #2, got our brief sales pitch (lower pressure this time than last time) and received our parking passes.
When we arrived at our assigned unit (in building #2) we were welcomed with a pile of trash at the door and discovered that the door to our unit did not latch and therefore could be pushed open by anyone, even while locked. We called and spoke to the mgr., Evan, and requested a repair. After a twenty minute wait, maintenance came and looked at the lock but could not fix it...said they'd be back. Before he left, he was scolded by his supervisor over his walkie talkie. He angrily replied, "If I don't answer it's because my hands are full." This was a little unprofessional for us to hear, esp. on our first day in sunny Florida.
After waiting an addtl. hour, I called the mgr., Evan, for the 2nd time and told him that we had now been waiting almost an hour and a half and couldn't leave our unit since it was unsecured. He politely apologized and a different person showed up a half hour later (now almost 2 hours had passed). He couldn't fix the door either but helped by handing my husband a plunger to unclog the toilet. Hmm? Shouldn't he have offered to plunge the toilet? At 5:40 a third maintenance worker came and filed the door. This 2 hour delay caused us to miss an event that we wanted to attend. No compensation was offered to us. Believe me, a certificate for a free pizza would have went a long way just to show me that somebody at the resort cared...but to no avail.
But wait....there's more! The next morning we did a load of dishes only to find out that the dishwasher leaked from the bottom and soaked the kitchen floor. The chair in the living room had its faux leather finish entirely peeled off the back of the cushion exposing the cloth mesh. None of this made for a good first impression. I was so glad that we had taken this unit and not the first time guests who we'd met in the reservation line!
The next day, the unit in building #5 (my original request) was available and we moved our things to that unit. That unit was clean, nicely decorated and fully functioning. The rest of our stay was pleasant except for profanity written on the pool deck below our balcony by some late night trouble makers and the giant chess set being tossed into the lake. However, I realize this isn't the resorts fault...just some thoughtless guests.
One additional change that I've noticed over the past 6 years is overcrowding at the pools. Since more and more buildings have been added and built taller and taller (17 stories?) this forces far too many guests to share the pools. With the upcoming addition of the hotel, will this problem increase? Hopefully, this reaches the eyes of Bonnet Creek's management and you won't experience any of these inconveniences. Perhaps I'll even get that free pizza!
Alright, I've complained enough. All in all, our stay was pleasant and our time at Bonnet Creek was enjoyable. We played free mini golf, relaxed in the lazy river, dined alfresco at La Cocina and took many walks around the lake. Despite our unwelcoming beginning, it had a happy ending. If you go, please request buildings 4, 5 or 6 (at least until they get the older units remodeled) and speak up if something isn't right. They can't fix what they don't know about. All in all, this is still the best resort we've ever visited!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank HereWeGooo
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stay here whenever we go to Orlando. The place is really pretty. The interior design of the property is great. I always leave thinking I need to try the design at home. We had one bedroom. It has huge Jacuzzi and bathroom. Kitchen is like a new modern home. Kids sleep on the pull out kitchen. It's right next to Disney. I wish they had more restaurants though. There's a pizza place and snack bars, but you have a full kitchen to cook. My only concern is the number of timeshare presentations, but I think that's starting to dwindle down.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank letstraveln0w
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This is the 4th or 5th time we have stayed here and I can't really say anything bad.( Except they do annoy you with the calls about timeshare, but just don't answer the phone) we stayed in a 4bed pres. suite in tower 4. (rooms have view of Fireworks at night though you have to ask if they are available when checking in) 2 master suites with bathrooms and hot tubs , 2 bedrooms with 2 full beds in each 1 bath with shower and 1 bath with shower/tub (sleeps 12) very nicely done. A perk for kids being in a pres suite is free xbox with 2 games in room your entire stay.Free transportation to disney parks (check schedules) Many activities for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is a fantastic hotel within the Disney area. So clean & had everything that you could possibly want for an excellent Vacation. The Staff are so helpfull & attended to any requests effeciently & promptly. I booked on line direct with the hotel & could have ended up with a lemon but this was not the case.We were very happy Aussies about our experience there. If you do not want to get involved with the complientary breakfast (as it is Timeshare) Just let the representative know that you are not interested. All in all a very memorable experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple