“Wonderful Resort * Will Go Again” 5 of 5 stars

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #90 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“Wonderful Resort * Will Go Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

This is an excellent resort. We have stayed at many resorts and this is one of the best. The rooms are beautiful. We looked at all the rooms, not just the one we stayed in. They may be just a tiny bit smaller than some of Wyndham's other resorts, but they were still plenty big. We stayed in the 4 bedroom presidential penthouse. IT WAS FABULOUS!!! If you can get 2 or 3 families together to share this condo, it is as cheap or cheaper than renting individually. And the penthouse is awesome. Granite counters, tile everywhere, stainless steel appliances, 2400 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a laundry room big enough to put our pak-n-play. The balcony was huge. The dining table seats 8-12 people. Bar has 4 stools. Great kitchen. We played games at our big table, cooked burgers at the pool grill, ate at our condo a lot because it was so beautiful. We watched the fireworks at Epcot every night because we were on the 9th floor. We heard nothing but the door slamming across the hall. I also asked a bunch of people if they had problems with noise because so many people had said this in their reviews. Not one person said it was a problem. We played Texas Hold'em one night and went to the karayoke by the pool. That was great fun. There were some amazing singers. 2 nights they had giant movie screens at the pool. You could float on a tube and watch the movie with a cold drink in your hand . . . or sit in the hot tube. The activities for kids were unbelievable. They had 3 kids rooms and lots of people to supervise. This is definitely the way to go. We had 3 families, $3700 for week (high season) = $1233 each family. That is a bargain for what we got. We had to reserved it 10 months in advance. Check out [--] to find it from an owner. We will definitely go again.

• Liked — Our room
  • Disliked — The walk between places
7 Thank IMApickytraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,026)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

We stayed here for a quick Disney/Universal trip with the kids. The grounds are very well maintained and the rooms/decor are modern, clean and fresh. It definitely reminds you more of an upscale condo as opposed to a hotel. The staff was friendly (avoid the timeshare hawks) and the prices on food and drink were reasonable. (After a day at Disney I am pleased to buy a burger and beer for $10.)

The only downside to this resort would be if your group got stuck in separate buildings. The grounds are large and it could be a hassle to constantly walk or wait on a golf cart shuttle.

The resort is about 5 minutes from downtown Disney (not in walking distance) and 15 minutes from Universal.

5 Thank BengalNut
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

WE absolutely would stay here again~ I was also worried about staying here after reading reviews. These people must be looking for things to complain about. It smelled great in the building. We had awesome rooms. We did not hear people in fact we thought we were there all alone.
We stayed with 2 other couples in 2/2 bdrms and had more than enough room ( we want to bring our families next year) Rooms were so clean. Had everything we needed . Loved the place, the view. We were called 1 time. But we went to the check in and signed up to hear about the timeshare. It was not bad and we never got another call and got a lot of money ( gift certificates) for Disney. It was great.We had extra money to buy our kids souviners.It was so awesome~ All the staff was so nice to us. Offered help and asked if we needed things. We all just loved it. It is an AAA+++ in our book. We have stayed at Celebration World resort many times and loved it and at Orange Lake 1 time and hated it. But this is an awesome place to relax and stay close to Disney parks.
I highly recommend it. Clean friendly and so very close.

• Liked — tons of room! Clean!
  • Disliked — did not get to stay long enough~
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tramtro
Homestead, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

Great place to stay! We were allowed to check-in 1 hour early with no hassle. Our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment was in tower 1, right next to the main building. We got a great rate through Extra Holidays of $189 a night. Great pool, I LOVED the lazy river. Everything in the room was great, plenty of towels, dishes, supplies, you name it. My only complaint was the PAPER THIN walls. You really CAN hear everything your neighbor is saying. Ask for a room at the end of the hall to avoid that problem.

Aside from that, the timeshare thing actually worked out. As I checked-in they tried to schedule me for a tour and I firmly said no. Once I got to my room I shut off all our phones to avoid any sales calls. One day we got a note left on our door knob offering us $120 in cash for doing a 60 minute tour. Well, $120 is a lot of money! So, I scheduled a tour. Hubby and I prepared for what we thought would be a long and annoying tour. We said we weren't interested right from the start and made it VERY CLEAR we were only there for the money. Our excuse was we only want to vacation in rental houses from now on, especially after the paper thin walls. It must have worked because she didn't even bother giving us a tour, she just gave us a yellow slip saying we had completed the tour and gave us $120 in CASH! We couldn't believe it, it was so easy! Trust me, take the tour, stick to your guns and use our excuse and you are golden.

Great stay overall, we'll be back!

• Liked — The location and the size of the units
  • Disliked — The paper thin walls
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank SavyTraveler17
SaratogaNewYork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

My wife and I and our4 1/2 yr old daughter just returned from a 7 day stay at Bonnet Creek and absolutely loved it. By far the cleanest resort we've ever stayed at. This was the only place my wife actually didn't have anything to be concerned about regarding the cleaniness and the resort' standards. Although there is construction going on adjacent to tower 4 where we stayed you could see it but not hear must of its' noise. The other guests were more friendly than we've encountered at other Orlando-area resorts. I suspect they were having just as good a time as we were.
They employ a different approach to getting you scheduled for a timeshare presentation via getting your parking permit from another desk at check-in time. The tour lasted just 45 minutes as we prefer renting to buying and our rep fully understood that. No pressure to buy was attempted much to our surprise. All in all we cannot wait to find another opportunity to return next year.

3 Thank RichardUpstateNY
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

For my daughter's 5th birthday we decided to go to Disney's Magic Kingdom and we stayed at the Bonnet Creek Resort. We had a great time
and the resort was beautiful. The pool was right outside our patio, as was the bar and pizzeria. Everything was so convenient. The resort
had a good location, close to the parks and it was nice to have the shuttle bus and not have to worry about parking. Every evening the Disney fireworks could be see from our room. I have stayed at several
Orlando area resorts and hotels and Bonnet Creek was the most enjoyable.

My only complaints would have to be the beds and the fact that we had to request the "baby's crib" several times, even though we asked for it when we made the reservations. After calling three times for them to bring the "crib" to our room, we finally got it, but it was a play pen . I had to fold up a blanket (under the crib sheet, not supplied by the resort) to make the play pen comfortable as it was very hard. Our beds were not so great, but after the long days of walking and adventure you can almost sleep anywhere.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience will very little downfalls.
I will definitely return to the Bonnet Creek Resort.

• Liked — Location, pools, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Beds (regular and baby cribs)
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tallysmariposa
Evans City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

My family and I traveled to Bonnet Creek on September 29th through the 6th of October. Before going, we read reviews of how people were hounded by the sales personnel. As an owner in the Wyndham Resorts, I had no trouble. When I checked in, I told them that I was here for vacation with my family and I didn't want to be bothered by anyone. They wrote this down by my name and I didn't hear from anyone all week. We heard no noise from the other apartments and no one in the halls talking loudly or running up and down. I don't know where these other people stayed, but it wasn't in this resort! We had a great time around the pools and the lazy river. There was music all day long and great drinks at night from the Tiki Bar. My grandchildren had a great time with all the activities they offered. We made our own sundaes one day, t-shirts another day and had duck races another. It rained all week off and on but that didn't affect the fun we had. The rooms were spacious and QUIET!! We had a great balcony overlooking the pool area. There is construction going on, but you really can't hear them working. As far as the shuttle being late, we had no problem at all. We rode it twice to the parks and it arrived when it said it would. Also, I don't know where these people got that the shuttle leaves before the firework , but they are wrong. We stayed until the fireworks were done and then caught the shuttle at Epcot. They gave us plenty of time to get to the stop after the fireworks were done. I would definately go back to this resort. We had a great time!

• Liked — All of the activities that go on at the resort.
  • Disliked — Nothing
7 Thank gramap