“Great Vacation”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #87 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 30, 2007

I had read the past reviews....and was worried about going. But we had a great time. The property was beautiful.....staff was very nice....lots of things to do. We had a 3 bedroom in tower 2 and loved it. Lots of room. The resort will provide shampoo, soap...etc. Plus they will exchange your towels if you call them. When it comes to the sales staff...we turned our phone off for most the vacation. Later in the week, I did speak to someone, said I wasn't interested and that was the end.

The only few cons are...... the bus schedule isn't the greatest....but driving to the park was not a problem. There isn't a sitdown resturant....there are only 2 computers to use for the guests.

I would return again. I do hope my review helps you.

5  Thank MistaB1972
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Reviewed September 30, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the beginning of September. We were using a family members time share. We were pleasantly surprised. The entire property is gorgeous. Very clean, plenty of parking, pools are beautiful, and the rooms...well, they were HUGE! We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom 2 bath suites. It was gorgeous. Everything you need is in the rooms. All of the staff we talked to was so nice and helpful. We did go to one of sales presentations, but the salesman asked up front if we were interested,
we said no, and he immediately sent us on our way to get our free gift. He didn't take more than ten minutes of our time, whish was great. Definitely worth $75 in Disney dollars to us. Anyways, if we ever go back to Orlando, we'll try to stay here again. We 100% recommend this property!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kelseylee123
Reviewed September 28, 2007

My husband and I are Gold Fairfield / Wyndham owners. We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe with my in-laws. I agree, that the walls are a little thin and the noise from next door at times got loud. HELLO, you do not need to put up with any of that! All it takes, is a call to the front desk and they will call the noisy people and remind them nicely to keep it down? Some people don't realize how loud their voices are and they are no longer in their single family homes?
No strange or disgusting odors were encountered either. The staff was very helpful,pools great,rooms and balconies awesome.
I truly do not understand the real negative comments found on this website about this resort? It's lovely and we would go back again!
As far as the sales people are concerned? Be straight forward and tell them you are NOT interested and do not call for any further follow ups. We did not get bothered by sales again.
Your there on vacation and to relax and that is exactly what you will get. The resort has everything you could possibly need.

And, NO, I don't work for Wyndham!!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank 1000cranes
Reviewed September 23, 2007

This was a paradise in a wonderful world of disney. Resort was clean and everyone employee that me and my husband spoke to were kind and very professional. They must love there job beacuse they were always smiling. We are timehsare owners and this will be our getway spot every year. I will tell all my friends about this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diva1022
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We stayed at the resort during the Labor Day weekend. The resort itself is just gorgeous. We loved the rooms!

Only a couple of negatives: I am not a big fan of sales presentations or any sit downs with the sales staff (we are owners). I always try to avoid these and I suggest you do unless you are really interested in buying. You always get some decent items at the end of it ($75 Disney Dollars or something like that) and that can come in handy. Also the free shuttle they have to the parks do not pick up on time. We had to sit at the pick-up location for almost an hour late at night with a child. We will definitely be renting a car for the next trip. The shuttles should have more departure and pick up times too. There is food on site to purchase from a couple of places but it's very expensive. There is one that delivers pizza to your door and seemed to be reasonable but we didn't get a chance to try it. There is a cash bar for adults so one of us picked up a couple of drinks after our child went to sleep one night to sip on in the room.

Other than that, the trip was wonderful and the resort was great. There were plenty of activities for children and we even saw a movie being held at the pool one night which would have been great if our child wasn't already asleep...but that's okay. It's great for families. There is a playground, several pools and a nice lake. Try and get a lake view room if possible. We were able to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks every night. We have already booked our next trip for next May and September and are looking forward to it.

We would have rated this resort as Excellent if it weren't for some of those negatives, but it's definitely Above Average and working towards Excellent.

6  Thank KEEPTRAVELLIN
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I read reviews on this resport before we stayed and would like to give my input.
First piece of advice.... if you DON'T want the salespitch or don't care about their promised gift.. first thing to do when you get to your room - DISCONNECT BOTH PHONES. It will make your stay wonderful... unless you are one that expects calls. Everyone knew to call us on our cell phones.
The rooms are beautiful.. spacious, clean and well stocked. We did not have a problem with noise, other than the groundskeepers.. but they have to do their job sometime..
The staff a friendly, the food was great.
There are two main pools right now, one lazy river, a waterslide, playground and a mini golf course. Their programs for the kids look great. I do have to admit that the lobby/ game room area is a little too crowded for our liking...
The pool area has lifeguards on duty.. the one thing I was impressed with was that the lifeguards gave the little kids a "swim test" (they had to jump off one side of the pool and swim to the other side.. just a little ways).. I thought that was neat.
I really enjoyed it though. It is a great place.

7  Thank codynnic
Reviewed September 15, 2007

Six of my girlfriends and I spent the past weekend at the Bonnet Creek Resort. My parents are timeshare owners and they gave me the weekend as a gift. I had read some bad reviews of the resort on this website, so I was sceptical when I arrived. I was actually looking for the bad things I had read about, however, I have nothing but good things to say about this resort!

Everything about the resort is absolutely beautiful! The grounds are immacuate with gorgeous flowers and trees. The rooms are decorated with such taste and class. The master bedroom has a big spa tub that one of my friends really enjoyed. The kitchen was stocked with all the dishes and cooking utensils you could want for the week. The location couldn't be better or closer to Disney. The pools were sparkling clean with plenty of space to sit and lounge, lots of tubes for riding the lazy river, and many options for swimming. There is a splash pad area for the kids and a craft room where they can make all sorts of crafts. They also have so many different activities going on. Even if Disney was not nearby, you could never be bored at this resort.

We did not hear our neighbors talking through the walls, as some have said in their review, the smells around our building were nice and clean, nothing smelly. The beds were comfortable and the staff did not push us at all to sit through the timeshare presentation. When I said I did not want to do that, they were very nice about it.

All in all, I would love to go back and take my family for a week. If we ever move out of Orlando, this would be the place we would love to visit.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends