“Great food and great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Annie
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Orlando, Florida
“Great food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We ate here last night before going to Mad Cow Theatre.
I had the falafel platter and a Greek salad and my wife had the Mediterranean shrimp with a Greek salad. The food was terrific and the portions were very generous. It was unnecessary for me to order the salad since the falafel platter came with a nice portion of tabbouleh. The server was very friendly, attentive but not obtrusive.
The only reason that I don't give this 5 stars is that it is looking a little shopworn and could use some attention to the decor.
I cannot imagine why there are any less than favorable reviews. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Don't forget your wallet!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a great waitress who played a lot of roles, bartender/hostess/server. She really ran the place. The food was wonderful. There is a dance class on the first Friay of the month, which starts at 8 p.m. They open for dinner at 5 p.m. They are not open for lunch, which I didn't know until I got there. It's not Greek food as I was told it's Lebanese food, but if you like Greek food, you'll like the menu.

Con: Don't forget your wallet. I had a little problem with my debit card and didn't have cash with me. I ended up calling my father to help me. The owner told him that he would put me in jail. He wouldn't take Paypal or let me go to get cash. My father wasn't too thrilled giving this guy his card number. So, make sure your card works and you have cash or the owner will happily toss you in jail!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“If you like yucky food and service to match, this is the place for you!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Horrible food and service. Save yourself some trouble and don't go!

Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most expensive Gyro served in a stale smoke smelling atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Skip this place. We bought a Groupon and were sooo disappointed. Even though the Groupon did not indicate any restrictions, we were only allowed to order from the most expensive dinner menu which made the Groupon worth less than an entree as advertised. It was 9pm on a Fri nite and we were the only customers - it should have given us a clue.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Great Quick Greek lunch in downtown Orlando”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I go here often for lunch. The decor isn't fancy. You order cafeteria-style; don't expect sunshiny service. My favorite is the chicken kabobs with 2 sides. They have hot sides and salads and soups to chose from. My husband's family is Greek, so I've had plenty of Greek food experiences. I think the food is really GREAT here.

Visited February 2012