“Don't forget your wallet!”
Review of Cafe Annie - CLOSED

Cafe Annie
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Don't forget your wallet!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a great waitress who played a lot of roles, bartender/hostess/server. She really ran the place. The food was wonderful. There is a dance class on the first Friay of the month, which starts at 8 p.m. They open for dinner at 5 p.m. They are not open for lunch, which I didn't know until I got there. It's not Greek food as I was told it's Lebanese food, but if you like Greek food, you'll like the menu.

Con: Don't forget your wallet. I had a little problem with my debit card and didn't have cash with me. I ended up calling my father to help me. The owner told him that he would put me in jail. He wouldn't take Paypal or let me go to get cash. My father wasn't too thrilled giving this guy his card number. So, make sure your card works and you have cash or the owner will happily toss you in jail!

• Visited August 2012

“If you like yucky food and service to match, this is the place for you!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Horrible food and service. Save yourself some trouble and don't go!

Orlando, Florida, United States
“The most expensive Gyro served in a stale smoke smelling atmosphere”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Skip this place. We bought a Groupon and were sooo disappointed. Even though the Groupon did not indicate any restrictions, we were only allowed to order from the most expensive dinner menu which made the Groupon worth less than an entree as advertised. It was 9pm on a Fri nite and we were the only customers - it should have given us a clue.

• Visited February 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Great Quick Greek lunch in downtown Orlando”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I go here often for lunch. The decor isn't fancy. You order cafeteria-style; don't expect sunshiny service. My favorite is the chicken kabobs with 2 sides. They have hot sides and salads and soups to chose from. My husband's family is Greek, so I've had plenty of Greek food experiences. I think the food is really GREAT here.

Visited February 2012
Orlando, Florida
“The worst dining experience, ever!”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My brother and I had a special evening planned to have dinner here and then go to see a play at Bob Carr. As we walk in, we were not greeted right away, but once we did, we were seated by the bartender/hostess/server for 12 other tables in the restaurant. Yes,it was a Saturday evening and the place was running with ONE server! She was very nice, but clearly overwhelmed. We finally got our order taken about 15 minutes later and then after asking twice, we finally got some bread about 25-30 minues once seated. We told the waitress that we can have everything delivered all at once as we were leaving for a show. Nonetheless, the appetizer arrived about 50 minutes from the time we sat down and we just kept waiting and waiting for the entrees while other table (that came after us) were served their entrees. Meanwhile, we were able to witness food coming out and taken back to the kitchen as they did not know where it supposed to go. A busser also started to address our table a couple of times and kept saying "2 more minutes", "2 more minutes" for the entrees which never arrived. He was wearing baggy jeans and a baseball hat backwards. Not exactly what you would expect a somewhat fine dining restaurant. Disaster all the way! Then we finally got up and left. Noone addressed our table from the management or ownership at all, however we saw the owner coming out a couple of times and also heard him yelling in the kitchen.
STAY AWAY from this place! I have been in the hospitality industry for 15 years, seen and experience many things, but this definitely has topped it all!

• Visited January 2012