“Throwback Food and Service--Gotta stop!”
Review of Beefy King

Beefy King
Ranked #630 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue, Fast Food
Florida
“Throwback Food and Service--Gotta stop!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Lived in Central Florida for 15 years and finally made it here for lunch today. Why did I wait? The Orange Milkshake was awesome! The Beefy Spuds (tater tots) were great and the roast beef sandwiches were so good. Great service, friendly faces, we WILL be back!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank PRIMETIMEUCF

“Good Orlando food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Been going to beefy king since they opened in 68. Best damm sandwiches in Orlando 100 times better than Arby's hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Kevin H
Bayport, New York
“Good roastbeef”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch with friends while in town and was very impressed with the food and efficient service. It can get crowded but it's worth going coz their roast beef is really good. Will definitely go back again

Visited February 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Great!!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Finally was able to stop by this place after hearing so much about it. From the moment we walked in not only was the staff friendly but the guests too. My wife, daughter and I all had roast beef sandwiches. They were probably one of the top three sandwhiches I have ever tasted. We also got the platter with the tater tots and coleslaw. The coleslaw was made exactly the way I liked it. I am not a big fan of tater tots to begin with but these were great too. All in all for $25 it was a great meal. Will definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Break the chain”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife is a planner. When our family was going to Florida, she checked for the best places for lunch in Orlando, and she found Beefy King. I looked at the menu online and I got excited. The restaurant is like a clone of Arby's from the 1970's that never got updated. Paradoxically, that is part of the charm. It is a no-frills place with great food, friendly staff, and reasonable prices. My wife, daughter and I got the regular roast beef sandwich. It is juicy deliciousness in a soft bun. My son got the pork. He said it was excellent. We have a place where we live in Michigan that is top rated and he said the Beefy King pulled pork was as good. There are a number of sauces to choose from, but the meat is good enough to eat without it. We got a chocolate shake to share and it was pretty good. The counter person even brought it over to our table which was really nice. Coupled with the sandwiches, we got the tater tots. They were awesome. In the restaurant, we saw people eating different sides that looked good too. And, when we were leaving, we saw a woman sitting in her car scarfing down some onion rings. My wife loves to talk to people, and the woman told her they were excellent.

Our family spent 6 days in Orlando and Tampa. We had some gift cards we had gotten as gifts to a bunch of different chain restaurants--Carabas, Melting pot, etc. That food was okay, but had little character even though part of the bill was covered by the gift cards. Beefy King is good, memorable, and worth the money I spent there--a great value.

The only thing a little bit upsetting about Beefy King is that it wasn't open on Sunday when we were leaving so we couldn't go back to eat there again. When or if we get back to Orlando, we will be sure to go back.

• Visited December 2013