“Just call it "The King"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beefy King

Beefy King
Ranked #510 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Apopka, Florida
“Just call it "The King"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you like Arby's, then you'll love Beefy King. Nothing against Arby's, but Beefy King is at least a million times better. A nice family run business that brings you back to when life was simpler, and food was better. Nothing complex, just good. The menu is limited, the place looks like something from the Nixon years, but it stands up to the test of time. A good friend of mine, who travels the world ( and eats at 5 star ) always makes it a priority to visit Beefy King, before he even checks into his hotel. No wonder why this establishment is always busy ( but they're fast on orders ). Great eats.

• Visited June 2013

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Sandwich Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Awards on the wall for best Orlando Sandwich are deserved, and the large crowd showed it was well deserved. We had the beef and turkey sandwich which were very good and will fill you up. Also tried the cherry and orange shakes which were top notch. Don't let the drive, or the exterior sign deter you, it is worth the stop for a lunch. (Although the kids were disappointed chicken nuggets are not served...)

• Visited June 2013
Davenport, Florida
“Simple and delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Beefy King was recommended to me by a friend who goes there all the time. He gave it awesome reviews, so I had to try it. I was not disappointed! Simple sandwiches, all served on steamed buns, and tator tots. I had the beef and pastrami extra large. Then grabbed another beef extra large to go! They are open very short hours so I say go for lunch, place was packed when we were there.

• Visited February 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“Consistent & Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

On my most recent trip to Orlando I tried a new place that made me wish I'd gone to Beefy King instead. This underrated gem is consistently excellent on each visit. Delicious, simple and unpretentious, Beefy King is what a quick service place should be. We generally order the kids combo sandwiches (mixed meats) and go with roast beef for ourselves. The bun is exactly the right amount of bread to the meat, the provided BBQ sauce is perfect. The quick steaming each sandwich gets doesn't produce moisture - just hot meat and a nicely softened shell. Our kids beg to go here and will happily sit in cross town traffic for an hour if given the a lunch option. (Check the hours - as other reviewers have said they are limited and enforced. This is a family owned business.) I just asked my spouse to provide his opinion - "Best sliced land animal sandwich you can buy. Simple recipe, perfectly executed. Unfortunately you can only eat two at a time."

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“worth a stop if you are in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm always a fan of trying old time local favs wherever I go and when I read all the reviews about this place I knew I had to give it a try. Stopped in for lunch and was impressed with how busy it was during the week. There's something to be said for doing ONE thing and doing it well. you may not be impressed with the location or the interior but if you are a fan of shaved beef sandwiches then you'll want to try Beefy King. My friend and I stuck with the original beef + tots and enjoyed sampling the various sauces. It was quick and delicious.