“Good South Indian restaurant”

Dakshin Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakshin Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,294 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: First of its kind in Orlando, India's innovative cuisine, the very name 'Dakshin' evokes opulence in taste and decor. Dakshin introduces you to a cuisine from the southern part of India stretching from the rugged coastlines of Tamil Nadu and Kerala to the sun-drenched beaches of Goa and Mumbai on India's western coast. As spectacular and surprising as the country sides are, so are the cuisines of its many communities, which were confined by and large to family kitchens, until Dakshin, the restaurant, captured and showcased them. Created from a wealth of local spices, red chillies, coconut, pepper and spices of the coast, the cuisines of the Tamilians of Tamil Nadu, the Malayalees of Kerala, the Bunts of Mangalore, the Portuguese of Goa and the East Indians of Mumbai, are a delight to the taste buds.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

TripAdvisor's mobile app brought us to Dakshin restaurant which is in strip mall right outside Downtown Disney and it turned out to be a good recommendation. They have great service / ambiance but rare quality of south Indian food. Prices are bit high but justifiable for this quality of food if you want to experiment with a "different" kind of Indian cuisine. Definitely recommended for families too.

1  Thank Proid

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am a huge fan of Indian cuisine so I was intrigued by the menu offering dishes from the south of India. The prices are too high for the quality of the food I mean, the food was not horrible but it was not gourmet. Skip the appetizer mixed platter which in our case, and for almost $14.00 provided us with four shrimps, a couple of samosa-like things and a large amount of fried onions.

Would we return here to eat? Not likely. One time is enough.

1  Thank DelBueno
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Visted this Resturant whilst on vacation in Orlando. Don't be put off by the slightly drab, "shop like" exterior; inside it is authentic Indian. Really brilliant Indian food, beautifully served and explained by our server. Not the cheapest, but absolutely worth a visit.

1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Went here with my family when we were in Orlando on holiday. The food was delicious! Ate there twice during our fortnight. Nice break from Disney..highly recommend.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I am really surprised by some of these reviews. i have dinner at Dakshin several times a year whenever I am in this part of town. It is one of the best Indian restaurants in Orlando. The food is excellent and the staff has always been professional. It is not your typical Indian restaurant as it has a South Indian cuisine. But the menu has something for everyone. The items are from that region of India and I have enjoyed everything I've ever tried here. The Chicken Madras is my favorite. The restaurant itself is very beautiful. It's decor is light and airy, not the usual dark and dreary atmosphere you often find in Indian restaurants. The artwork inside the restaurant is beautiful. And the desserts are amazing. The Kulfi, an ice cream type dessert, is the most amazing thing I have ever eaten in my life. I sometimes bring someone with me who has never tried Indian food. They all have love it. I highly recommend Dakshin. You will not be disappointed.