“The only lunch I leave the office for”

Thai Silk Restaurant
Ranked #835 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic Thai Restaurant locates at the corner of International Drive and Kirkman Rd. next to Universal Studios, Outlet Mall, Wet and Wild, and Fun Spot
Longwood, Florida
“The only lunch I leave the office for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2007

We have a couple of quick lunch places around my office, so I will rarely get in the car to grab a bite. But Red Bamboo is the best Thai I've had and is worth slowing down my business day for. I try to go at least once every couple of months and usually take several coworkers with me. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, and the food is authentic and well presented. The ambiance is nice and the facility is clean and well lit. On top of this the prices are very reasonable and the portions are plentiful. There are probably better Thai restaurants in larger cities, but I doubt there's a better place in Orlando.

4 Thank webjock

Columbia, Maryland
“Best Thai Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2007

Before Siam Orchid went under, it used to be the best thai in town. I was sad to see it go, however, I found Red Bamboo (same general location) and I have to tell you, it is the BEST thai I have ever had! It beats Siam Orchid and I thought I would never say that. Been there numerous times now and never had a bad dish or dining experience. Must try if you like Thai.

2 Thank Kari F
Orlando/WDW area
“Finally found a GREAT Thai restaurant in Orlando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2006

After four years of searching (and tasting and being disappointed), we finally found a truly great Thai restaurant in the Orlando/Central Florida area.

We've eaten at Thai restaurants north, south, east and west of downtown Orlando, but the Red Bamboo Thai restaurant on South Kirkman Road (near the Universal theme park) is where we've landed, for good... as long as all stays the way it's been on our visits over the last four months.

The menu is extensive but not expensive; very fairly priced. Appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and deserts are all delicious. "Real Thai cuisine in an innovative way" is not just their theme; they deliver on it.

The quality of cuisine, service and the facility are excellent. Keys to the quality are: (1) The owner, Niki, is on-site and hands-on. Her presence with customers, oversight of the servers and who know what she does in the kitchen all make for a wonderful dining experience. (2) The chef prepares and supervises consistently wonderful plates. (3) The servers all work together, making sure guest needs and wants are promptly addressed. (4) The facility is wonderfully decorated (see images), clean and maintained with a comfortable ambiance. (The restrooms are spotless.)

Take-out menu shows these hours:
Tuesday - Friday: Lunch 11 am - 2:30pm; Dinner 5 - 10pm
Saturday: 12pm - 10pm
Sunday: 12pm - 9pm
Monday: Closed

NOTE ABOUT GETTING THERE: Although Red Bamboo Thai's address is on S. Kirkman Road, you canNOT access it off S. Kirkman. The restaurant is in a shopping center at the intersection of S. Kirkman and International Drive, and the entrance to the center is off International Drive.

Web address: [--], but still under construction at time of this visit and review (Nov. 4, 2006). Phone 407-226-8997.

8 Thank Celebconsult