“safe choice, great lunch specials”

Thai Silk Restaurant
Ranked #740 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Thai Restaurant locates at the corner of International Drive and Kirkman Rd. next to Universal Studios, Outlet Mall, Wet and Wild, and Fun Spot
Reviewed March 16, 2013

we ate here twice when we visited orlando for disney--a lunch and a dinner. apparently it has changed hands or names, and prices have gone up. . .when we patronized this resto, it was known as 'red bamboo thai', and we had two decent experiences. the food will be cooked to order in terms of spiciness, and if you ask for thai hot, it will be good, as i believe the chef is a woman (all of the best thai i've had was cooked by females, not men). my family, who veer to the much milder side, had enjoyed their meals. sorry to hear that the place has changed, apparently for the worse.

There are newer reviews for Thai Silk Restaurant

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is the former Red Bamboo Thai Restaurant that changed its name. The atmosphere has not changed for the better, at all. The service remains good/excellent; however, the food quality does not equate to its relatively high price. The Angel Wings (2) appetizer was crunchy yet much more expensive than the the excellent Angel Wings at the other Thai Restaurant across from the Florida Mall. The Pad Woon Sen was tasty yet not extraordinarily great for $18, because the shrimp was not that fresh. The dessert price increased significantly from the original price when it was Red Bamboo. The mango ice cream, though, remains excellent.

What makes this place a disappointment was that an 18% service fee was immediately tacked on to your bill when you provide your final payment on your credit card, yet not shown on the initial itemization. This was done when only myself and my daughter dined in. I would expect an immediate SC fee if our party was six or more. Diners should check their bill carefully, before leaving the restaurant. Unfortunately, I only checked my final bill when we got home. I ended up paying 38% for tips.

At the time we went for our dinner, it was around 12:30 pm and the only menu available on a weekend was for dinner (more expensive), not lunch. Thus, I was not at all surprised that there were only three groups (including us) dining at this restaurant. Management should probably rethink the way they do business. It is very unlikely that I will ever go back to this restaurant. There are far better Thai restaurants I could go to that provide more authentic and better quality food and are also more honest.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Some of the best Thai food i have ever had. Curteous and quick service. The atmosphere was exactly what i was looking for. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We used to go there all the time when it was Red Bamboo. The prices were reasonable and the food great. Now it is under new management and called Thai Silk. The menu is about the same but the prices have gone up roughly 40% for the same portions and mediocre tasting. I wish it had stayed the same but will have to pass from now on.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Do not go there. Tom Kha Gai soup is made out of coconut milk (mixed 50/50 with water) and onions (not cooked). Thai Duck Curry should be called Eggplant Curry, you would be lucky to find 2 pieces of duck in it. Very disappointed. $50 waisted for nothing. Left restaurant hungry. Do not ever go to this place. The restaurant is only for one time customers, who never tried thai food before. All good reviews below are written by not real customers. Consumer beware!!!!!!!