“Sushi on speed dial”
Review of Jade Bistro - CLOSED

Jade Bistro
Cuisines: Sushi, French
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I keep them on speed dial, and often order the same thing.... kanisu roll is delish, eel roll totally yum, Fujiyama is a secret fav, summer rolls are a must, and their salads are so good. Family owned and dedicated to the neighborhood.

There are newer reviews for Jade Bistro

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I love this place. The food is always so fresh. They have the best sushi around by far. You can't go wrong here. The atmosphere is very nice and the kitchen is very clean!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is the best College Park neighborhood Asian restaurant. When it is good, it is very good. Other times it is 'okay', but never bad.

Those who like sushi will be pleased with the sushi bar (at least they have one!). Service is friendly but a little slow. The restaurant is usually quiet so there is no need to shout to be heard. We have been eating-in and taking out from there for years so it obviously passes our test.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was in Orlando last week on business and had been looking forward to coming back here ever since the trip had been announced. I convinced two others in the group to go here for dinner. It was a good thing the hotel's shuttle driver knew where it was because construction had placed a plywood "tunnel" for the whole block that made seeing the entrance impossible. We would have gone somewhere else except the shuttle driver said they were making frequent deliveries to the hotel that day. So, the shuttle stayed at the end of the street until I walked down to the entrance and saw that it was open. Not surprisingly it was fairly empty.
The restaurant was clean and inviting once you got inside and the staff friendly -- but I missed the graciousness of the owner (who was not there that evening).
I had the fried pork dumplings as an appetizer which I shared with the others at the table. I also had the steamed scallops and vegetables and had them add jumbo shrimp. It came with shrimp fried rice. The other two had the smoked salmon fried rice and shrimp fried rice. Mine was good but not near as good as the last time I was there -- which is why I lowered my rating to average. The smoked salmon tasted like it came out of a can or prepackaged -- and not even restaurant quality. The shrimp fried rice was OK, and a "cut" above average.
If I go back for another trip I might go back here. The others went here because of my recommendation. I won't push so hard next time.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I went here with colleagues while on a business trip and it was excellent. I had the scallops and shrimp with chinese vegatables and it was cooked to perfection, as were the fried pork dumplings. The other meals looked equally good at my table. The servings were not huge, but adequate. The staff was extremely nice and made us feel welcome. This is definately a place I will want to visit again.