“Huge portion of salmon”

Vines Grille & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Vines Grille & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 4,061 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd
Description: Locally owned and operated restaurant serving prime beef, fresh seafood, award winning wine list (over 700 wine labels), and featuring live music daily starting at 7pm. Boasting one the best Happy Hour in town from 4-7pm.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Actually onion soup was also huge. Very good vine selection, hundreds are available. Nice live music and really nice place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went here for a business dinner last night. The food wasn't bad but you could tell they're one of those places that uses a lot of butter to make their food taste better. My colleagues from France even commented on the amount of butter in their dishes. The waiter was extremely friendly and funny but somewhat inattentive and slow. It half an hour for him to take our order and almost twenty minutes for him to bring us the check. Overall, the ambiance is nice, especially with the live music. This is definitely a place where people in Orlando go to be seen - where patrons drive up in a Lamborghini or Ferrari. All in all, it was an okay experience but not worth the hype. I wouldn't mind eating there again but probably wouldn't if I was paying.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I eat here everytime I am in Orlando for business. This restaurant is hands down on point every time. The food is excellent and the service outstanding! I have never had a bad experience. I would recommend this restaurant to the pickiest of foodies!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Loved the energy and wine. Food was just ok given the heavy prices. Calamari was overly breaded and fried. . Steak was cooked to perfection but rub was extremely salty. Creamed spinach was more like cream with spinach. Service was friendly but very slow and valet was very rude

2  Thank ohnosoho
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We've been to VInes a few times now and the food has always been excellent. Last night in particular the steaks were excellent and cooked perfectly. The sea bass was probably the nicest piece of fish my husband has ever gotten at a restaurant. Large, flaky, and cooked perfectly. The asparagus side was enough for 4 people and delicious. The potatoes Dauphinoise were also delicious. My husband's Caesar salad tasted very heavy with anchovy, but he really liked it that way. The bacon mac 'n cheese was also very heavy with bacon flavor, so only get that if you really like bacon. The lobster mac 'n cheese is VERY pricey ($24 and feeds 4), but it is unbelievably good, with large chunks of lobster. We got a loaf of piping-hot sourdough bread that was really, really delicious. When that one wasn't even gone, our waiter brought out another basket of bread, again with the bread so hot that we had to wait a moment to touch it. For my birthday, they brought me a free creme brulee dessert (excellent) on a huge platter with a beautiful "Happy Birthday" presentation. The wine list is very good, and they have some champagnes that are affordable by the bottle and very good (Marcel Martin). The restaurant is very pricey, so very nice for a special occasion. It has a very "adult" atmosphere. There were a couple of things that could have made this a better experience, so I could not give it an "excellent" rating. When the waiter opened our champagne bottle at the table, a good bit of it came out of the bottle, and when he turned it away, it kept pouring onto the floor. He cleaned it all up, and then when he poured my glass, he said "Oops" and chuckled. We all laughed, but we were all thinking the same thing... some of our champagne was wasted on the floor (more than just a little bit). When he left, we all said how he should offer us at least another glassful. He never did. However, near the end of the meal, when he was asking if he could bring us another bottle of champagne, I suggested that he could replace the champagne lost on the floor. He quickly walked away and brought us another glass of icy cold champagne. Aside from that, there are a lot of waiters and busboys, and they are very attentive very quickly. Another problem was the bathroom. The lady's bathroom had one toilet that was flushing constantly and so loudly that it sounded like a freight train going through there. My daughter told them about it. When I went to the bathroom much later, it was still going like that. Every toilet had some paper in it, there were bits of paper all over the floor, and the lavatory counter was very wet. I told the manager about it. By the end of the evening, they had shut off the gushing toilet, put an out-of-order sign on the door, and cleaned up the rest of it. For the price of the meal at this restaurant, I think they should keep the bathrooms in an impeccable state. Overall, the food and service were very good, and we will go back again.