“Two fantasic evenings”

Landry's Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Landry's Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The first evening was a gathering of two families, mine and the parents of my son's wife-to-be-the-following-day, and the Best Man and two other groomsmen ("ushers" in UK parlance). In total 11 of us, including one six and one three year old.

We had a great time, with exellent food and faultless attention from the waiting staff. This latter included two lessons for one of the groomsmen in how to extract crab meat from the legs and claws.

The price for the meal was, I thought, very reasonable. I can heartily recommend the Snapper Hemmingway.

The seconf visit was just my family, six of us. Once again a great time was had, although it took some time for the staff to stop the table wobbling. [Why don't restaurants use tables that rest on three points? Milking-stools are three-legged because that design is stable on any uneven surface.] We even got the six-year old to try alligator. She wasn't that impressed.

On both occasions, portion sizes were typically American, so if you're not used to their size of platefuls, or hate food being thrown away, be moderate in the number of dishes you order. Fortunately, my son-in-law and I have large appetites, so we manfully fought our way through.

The Blackened Redfish with Crawfish Etouffée was a dish I'd go back for many times.

On both occasions there was a balloon artist. His Penguin and T-Rex (no, not Marc Bolan) were very well received by the kids.

There are newer reviews for Landry's Seafood House

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was the second time my husband & I dined at Landry's in Orlando. We had been at Downtown Disney & the lines for the restaurants were crazy, so we decided to "off-campus". The hostess seemed a bit harried when we came in as there were 2 large parties that checked in before us. We were told there would be a wait, but not how long. We didn't think anything of it & headed for the bar to grab a pre-dinner drink. Before we could get our drink, our pager went off. It was less than 10 minutes. Once seated, we were waited on by a wonderful server - can't remember her name though. She was very helpful & attentive to us & her other tables. We shared an Oysters rockafeller to start. They were awesome. The salad that came withthe meal was great & our entrees were good as well. We will be back.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had eaten here before, but this visit the place was very hectic. Lots of hustle and bustle of the wait staff. The food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Left feeling we had not really been able to really relax while dining.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I had eaten at Landrys in Clearwater many times but it closed so we were eager to try the Orlando restaurant.
So happy to report we had great food, a lovely, experienced waitress and the best lemon drop martini(even better than the ones I make at home)!
Will return for another visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

our waitress was great and she was funny, mind you our party of 8 and she interacted with everyone. food was great and it is expensive but worth it.