“Very disappointing”

Ayothaya Thai Cuisine
Ranked #1,138 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Orlando, FL
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My wife picked this restaurant out of all others in Orlando for her birthday dinner. It was a horrid experience, from the long waits to order and receive food, to having to go and find the waitress for drink refills, to having the food be seasoned wrong, to not receiving what was promised, to having the late food tossed onto the table without comment, to having the "to go" box food be thrown out instead of brought back, to the exorbitant bill. I WILL NOT return, and DO NOT recommend this restaurant to anybody.

2 Thank DisappointedBD

• Thai first
Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out of this world”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

During my visit to Orlando, my boyfriend and I were driving around on Sand Lake trying to find somewhere to eat. We parked our car in the Fountain Plaza and walked around. We were debating whether we should go in or not, when a guy walked out and told us he'd been going there for years and it's by far the best Thai food he's had. He was right!!! It was definitely the best Thai food I've ever tasted and treated us like family.
Wonderful place... I would go back to Orlando just to eat there!

1 Thank AZ1011
Houston, Texas
“not the best thai in orlando”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I will disagree with the other posters on the rating of this restaurants food. I purchased a meal yesterday and it left a lot to be desired. The curry was tasteless which is a complete shame. Thai food is supposed to be layered with flavors, savory to sweet to spicy, this curry was bland.

Try another restaurant

albany, ny
“LOVED it !!”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

This is now our favorite Thai restaurant--maybe even our favorite Asian period. So good, in fact, that we now have a much better feeling about Orlando. (The oppressive heat and humidity, the ultra humongous hotels and that huge monolith of a convention center, plus all that Disney weirdness, did not exactly endear us to this place.) The unassuming location in a strip mall on "restaurant row," as well as the failure of anyone to mention this place when we asked for a recommendation, gave us pause. But we started to like it as soon as we walked in; it has a nice, comfortable, cozy, unmistakably Eastern look and feel. The servers were wonderful: welcoming, knowledgeable, efficient, and very friendly (esp.--but not only--the young woman with the Australian accent and a very good sense of humor who my wife and I really enjoyed)
And the food!! Awesome. We had the vegetable rolls and spring rolls to start. Superb! Then my wife had pad see ew w/ tofu and I had the pad thai w/ seafood. Incredible! I finished w/ coconut ice cream and fried bananas--yes, both, because I couldn't make up my mind--and I'm glad I couldn't. All the food was scrumptious and plentiful.
What can I say? Whenever we visit Orlando, we wil make a point of eating here. Our favorite Thai--or any Asian--restaurant now!

Orlando
“Best Thai in Orlando”
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Food is consistently delicious, and the service is great. Atmosphere is elegant but casual; nice for lunch or dinner with friends, business associates, or a date.