“Service horrible! Food Okay, prices not inline with service/atmosphere” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ayothaya Thai Cuisine

Ayothaya Thai Cuisine
Ranked #957 of 3,744 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Midland, Michigan
“Service horrible! Food Okay, prices not inline with service/atmosphere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

atmosphere is nice for a strip mall, food selection is good, food tastes ok (I eat authentic Thai regularly out and from people's homecooked meals that are from Thailand). The curry was a little overpowering, more like an indian dish than a thai and a bit salty. I did enjoy the soups and pad thai, coming from a restaurant, better than i expected. they missed one dish we ordered and then when we brought it up, they said they forgot and it took a while to get, then the bill never came, so i went up to the counter and the waitress asked how she could help like i was there for carryout! she didn't even recognize me as her guest. I witnessed 1 other table with a dinner mixup and it took forever to fix and they waited for 20 minutes and then got up and asked for the bill. waters were not replinished regularly, prices were way high for what it was. They were charging $16+ for a noodle dish, maybe the Dr. Phillips area commands that much money for a meal, but the place was not a posh restaurant nor was the service, so they were just hanging onto the areas coattails for a ride with those prices. I will never be back. Better options in the area. To think,

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 99p38a

• Thai first
basford
“Good thai food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Another date night and another great Orlando restaurant...

Me and my wife visited this restaurant a couple of Saturday nights ago after passing dozens of times. Located on restaurant row in Dr Philips surrounded by other bars and restaurants always makes for a good night. Like with many restaurants in America, the boxy strip-mall units can be a void of charector however, they have done a decent job of creating a nice atmosphere.

The staff were very friendly and upon entering we were shown to a table near the back of the restaurant.

The menu's were shorter than what we are used to in England but this is something which we are now used to with "ethnic" restaurants in FL. Luckily, some of our favourties were still on there.

To start we had a sample platter which contained Satay Chicken, Crab cakes, Spring rolls, etc we both really enjoyed it and we felt the amount of food was just right or an appetizer.

For our mains we ordered a Beef Massaman and Chicken Red Curry. Both of these came with rice and their was a great amount of meat in both curries. Both curries were perfect.

The only downside for us was, we are philistines and like chips (fries) with everything, especially a curry, which they didn't do and they do not do free refills on soft drinks! Come on guys, this is standard!!!

Montclair, New Jersey
“Good Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Located on Restaurant Row and is a nice change to some of the really expensive dining spots. Service was good as was the food. Enjoyed our experience there and for the price, it was worth it.

Visited November 2012
Groveland
“Overpriced and not that good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our first time at Ayothaya, stopping for lunch just after noon on a recent Sunday. It took a couple minutes for someone to greet us, but she was pleasant and pointed us to a booth. The interior is nice enougth, clean and adorned with numerous wall hangings and planter areas; a bit 'busier' than usual. We love Thai food and have several favorites which we usually frequent during the week for the lunch specials of various curries. This being a Sunday, however, the dinner menu was the only one offered and gave us a bit of sticker shock. Curries that we would normally pay $8-10 for at lunch, including rolls and soup, were $15 here with no appetizers.
We began with an order of the tulip dumplings ($7 for four), my wife also had a small order of chicken coconut soup ($6) and I decided on the mixed seafood noodle soup (14), also coconut based. The rather small dumplings were a dense, dry mix of diced shrimp, chicken and veggies, with no real flavor and the inconsistent heat associated with microwave warming....some parts scalding and others luke warm. The won ton wrappers didn't fare well either, in taste or texture. The soy based dipping sauce added a bit of sorely needed moisture and flavor. My wife enjoyed her soup; the coconut, lime and cilantro flavors melding nicely with the chicken. My soup had the same base and included noodles along with the seafood. The flavors were good but I thought the ingredients; two shrimp, two mussels, one scallop, and several rubbery pieces of squid were a bit on the chintzy side relative to price. I noticed many good reviews for this place so maybe they do better with other dishes or specials, but what we had was average at best at a premium price.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were visitors to Orland and just happened to stop in, and this is a real find- tasty dishes subtly prepared with a light hand. The best steamed dumplings I have ever had- I usually get them for the dipping sauce, but I skipped it this time because they were so light and flavorful that I didn't want to overpower it!
I wanted the papaya salad, which they weren't serving that day; a sweet and sour dish was recommended instead- I usually avoid them, not liking the cloyingly sweet taste they often have, but after the appetizer I thought I'd try it, and it was excellent.
Wish we lived closer so I could try more meals; in particular, something spicier, to see how they do with the more agressive taste. ( Our other dish was the daily special, garlic chicken, also good but not spicy hot.)