I recently spent a week in a studio at the Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW. I am a Disney Vacation Club member that usually stays at Boardwalk or the Beach Club, both with easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I was not able to book into either of these resorts so I settled for Saratoga Springs (SSR) and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
SSR is a very large resort encompassing numerous sections. I stayed in the Grandstand Section which was an easy walk to the main resort where the restaurants are located. It had it's own "quiet pool" with a pool bar and it was also the first stop for the Disney buses when they were going to or from the parks. This was a very nice feature as it assured you a seat on the bus even when it was crowded. SSR is also only a short walk or a boat ride to Downtown Disney which offers a number of restaurant choices.
In the spa there is a very complete gym with state of the art aerobic equipment and free weights and machines. There are walking trails along the golf course for early morning walks and there is also a "Nature Trail" that connects SSR to other Disney resorts. The resort is on the Lake Buena Vista golf course and as such, it has access to a driving range and a putting green, making this a good choice for a Disney Golf Vacation (which I'm doing next January).
All in all it was a very enjoyable stay and I look forward to going back again. The only reason not to give it 5 stars is that if you are not near everything then it can take quite a long time to get around it given it's size.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs-a late-1800s' New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing-this charming, Victorian-style Resort hotel is nestled between rolling golf course greens and the shimmering Village Lake. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, dazzling pools and a spa. You can also explore the fun activities and exciting dining options of the Downtown Disney area, just a boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Vacatia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Disney
- Disney Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Resort Florida
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Saratoga Springs Orlando
- Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
- Saratoga Springs Fl