“A Blast!”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #82 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My friend had a time share to this resort and he wanted to take his wife and son along with my family also. all together it was a total of seven people and we all stayed in one room and we fit comfortably! this resort is very close to all the Disney parks including Sea World and Universal. The Pools were also incredable the big pool has a great slide for the kids. the smaller pool is cool too becuase it has a great view of Downtown Disney. Overall we loved this place and cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank kriebel
Write a ReviewReviews (3,797)

Reviewed October 12, 2009

As a DVC member, I have stayed at most of the Vacation Club Resorts. Saratoga is actually one of my favorites...if you can get a room in Congress Park, which has only happened once. This time around I stayed in the Grandstand section. It has it's own themed pool and splash area for the kids, as well as a pool bar. Which seems odd to me, because it is a VERY short walk to the main pool. I think the Paddock or the Carousel areas would benefit more from having a themed pool area, but it's not that big of a deal. All areas have a pool, themed or not.

Check in was easy, I did ask for a room change to Congress Park, but no rooms were available. We checked into our room in the Grandstand and we had a partial view of the pool. Unfortunately, the fridge was leaking and the floor was soaked. Getting your room changed in a resort the size of this one is an experience that should be used for torture, in my opinion. It's not like you can just take the elevator down to the front desk. Changing our room was at least an hour long process, that was NOT pleasant. The front desk employees were completely unhelpful, if not rude. Finally, our room was changed and it was fine.

Housekeeping is a joke at this resort. Every corner had inches of caked on dirt and dust. The top of the armoire was covered in a layer of dust, there was mold in the bathroom, etc. The rooms look much older than they are.

Overall, I am a big fan of Saratoga Springs...but this trip left me a little bit disappointed. I will continue to stay here, but next I'm going to try out the treehouse villas. If you happen to get a room in the Grandstand, I hope you don't have a car....the lack of parking spaces is a joke.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were upgraded to this Disney resort. It's a huge complex, but Disney bus stops are available throughout the resort. Rooms were nice. Definitely convenient to have full kitchen and washer/dryer. Would stay here again if upgraded, but would not pay regular rate to stay. Food Court did not have a wide variety of meal options compared to the food court at Pop Century. Pools were nice and children enjoyed activites, such as movie night at the pool. Would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My husband and I met my parents, my brother and my sister and her husband for a week long adventure in Disney World. We stayed at the Saratoga Springs Resort- a first for all of us. The rooms were beautifully decorated with the Saratoga horse racing theme. Everything was horses, jockeys, carousels, etc. The lobby was exceptionally beautiful.
The pool was large and very entertaining for kids. Although our room was a walk to the lobby/dining area, the walk did us good. We also had the option of taking a bus throughout the resort as well as to all the parks and other resorts.
And of course - every employee was perfectly friendly & delightful... what we have come to expect and appreciate from Disney.
I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2009

They have games, activities and awesome pools. Perfect place to stay for vacation!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This summer we returned to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort for the second time with our 18mth old daughter. We stayed in a one bedroom villa which had a full kitchen, washer and dryer and a jacuzzi tub. Our room overlooked one of the ponds and we had a great view. We were close to the main pool and dining area. Every day the pool had activities for children and the dining area offered nightly dinner specials. It was also a close walk to Downtown Disney OR you could take the hotel's ferry. In addition the busses to the DIsney parks were pretty frequent and it was a pretty quick trip to the parks. The only negative is that if you are at the 1st bus stop you have 3 more stops before you exit the park. Overall we loved the hotel and enjoyed the trip. One suggestion is that if you use Tiffany's transportation to and from the airport they offer a free stop at the local grocery shop. This is WELL worth it and we ate breakfast and some dinners in our room which was PERFECT for our daughter and we saved tons of money.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was my 3rd visit to Disney and first to Saratoga Springs. My group included myself, my wife, our three sons (3,9, and 11), and my sister and her daughter who is also 11. We booked a 2 bedroom villa in the Carousel section of this large resort. My experience here was nothing short of wonderful. We all really enjoyed the large spacious accomadations as well as the beautifully landscaped and well planned out grounds. Our section had a great smaller pool with a childrens play area (they had sprinker guns shaped like horses), as well a ahot tub and walk up pool bar. The main pool was less than a 5 minute walk away and was large complete with waterslide and large screen movie screen which showed was showing Disney movies all week. If you stay I would recommend staying in this section since it was the first of 5 stops that the resort buses went to leaving the resort as well as coming back from the parks. Our room had a large, well stocked kitchen as well as a whirpool tub in the master bedroom. we also had a full size washer and dryer and all the laundry soa (Tide) as well as kitchen dish soap and diswasher soap was provided. The on site restaurants were good and also less than a 5 minute walk away, or less by bus. We even took boat rides to and from downtown Disney which we never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes for. Overall this was a great location and we even had a great view of the beautiful golf course outside or balcony. All in all I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a large room with grat views as well as the Disney touches too.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family