“A fabulous time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Lakeville, MN
“A fabulous time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

My family stayed at Saratoga Springs over spring break last week (Springs section of the resort). It was our first time staying at a Disney property and we were really excited to be at one. Over all it was a nice place. The room and grounds were clean and the staff was helpful and pleasant. The best part were the life guards at the pool. We have been to Orlando many times and this is the first time that the main pools provided life guards. I am guessing all Disney properties do this. You could tell that the life guards took their jobs very seriously.

The rooms were nice but seemed a bit dated, I think that goes partly with the horse racing theme of the resort. The bedrooms and bathrooms were very spacious (we had a two bedroom/two bath unit). The kitchen and living space were the smallest we have ever had. It was extremely tough to have more than one person working in the kitchen at a time. There also wasn't much seating - the table had a bench that could seat three people and there were two chairs in front of the bar you could move over to use at the table. If you have more than 5 people in your group, I am not sure how you would all manage eating at the same time or sit down together in the living room. The living room has one couch on the small side and one chair. Not enough space for us all to sit down at once and relax. Not a huge deal, but very different from what we are used to.

The resort is very spread out, so be prepared to walk to get places. I was surprised at how quiet the resort was. Even the pools were not that busy. We preferred the smaller paddock pool over the main pool since the water was warmer. There is a kids play area at the paddock pool but it was closed for maintenance the entire time we were there. The kids would have loved to have tried it. The paddock pool also has the grill with it where you can order food. The main pool only has the bar to order from, or you could get dressed and go into the Artist Palette to get food. Both pools had activities going on all afternoon long. I would have preferred an hour or two of activities as it gets loud. It is great if your kids are into the games but I am guessing it gets a bit tiring for the older guests without kids along.

The Magic Bands were very handy to use. You can use them to open the door to your room, pay for anything on any Disney property and you can also load your theme park admission on to them along with your fast passes.

The resort offers refillable drink cups that you can purchase based on the length of your stay. For one week the fee was $17.99 and you could use the cup as much as you wanted during your stay for soda, coffee, tea or cocoa.

We did not use any of the Disney transportation or the spa.

Overall, this was a nice place to stay although we prefer the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the Hilton Park Soleil over Saratoga Springs. We are RCI members and have traded into all of these properties.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pools a lot and have kids with you, my first choice of location would be th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PostieLakevilleMN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
  • Korean first
north east
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from here, and would definitely stay here again. Disney know good customer service, and after a couple of minor problems the first night we had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Five minutes from downtown disney market place and buses to everywhere possible. Lake was pretty, though there is a bit of building going on at downtown disney at present. Facilities in the studios and around the hotel are great for adults and children. Though was very expensive to upgrade to 1 bedroom villa from a studio as we did enquire. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. Food in the fast food place the artists palate is repetitive and requires a degree of revision for change, so there is variety for visitors staying longer than four days. The restaurant has great food though, must try turf and grill. We would definitely stay here again, if you are not happy with something they will go out of their way to rectify it, so don't understand a couple of these reviews slating the place. It's a great venue in a fantastic location, with helpful staff and full of disney ethos, a must for families.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pattipickle
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Saratoga Springs was a wonderful resort that suited our small family well. We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa with our 21 month old son. There were buses to each of the Disney Parks at the stop right outside our building. The buses came every 10-20 minutes and the ride to the parks was short. The property is beautiful and we enjoyed walking along the waterways. We would love to stay here again!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smashley612
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I love this resort!

This is my first Disney resort, so I cannot compare my stay to the other Disney resorts. Our one bedroom villa comes with

- a hot tub with left and right adjustable streams
- a large shower with a ledge that is close to the door so you can reach your bathroom amenities easily without slipping and falling. Likewise, the water flow knob is close to the door so you can turn the water on before you step into the shower. Hurray for the details
- enclosed area for the toilet
- a crib and high chair (didn't use it but it did make me look twice)
- in unit washer and dryer with complimentary laundry detergent
- coffee pot with coffee in coffee filter, as well as cream and sugar
- pots, pans, real cutlery, glassware, mugs
- dish washer and complimentary dish washing liquid
- small dish detergent bottle and pad
- complimentary H20+ bathroom products

The room is nice, big and just magical. The resort comes with complimentary shuttle rides to all parks and major Disney locations. They have a ferry boatride too to Downtown Disney (which I did not take). It is a nice walking distance from Downtown Disney. I enjoyed my walk.

The service is immaculate. Everyone who saw me upon my return would greet me with "Welcome Home". It's the little things!

I did not use the spa and pool area, but I did tour around it. They looked very clean and kid-friendly. I would totally use it, but as it was my first time in Orlando, I spent every minute I could at Epcot!

Overall, I cannot recommend this place higher. I loved my place, and I hope you will love yours, too!

Room Tip: Ask for a Garden View room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dontbullyme
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We are vacation club members and this is not our home resort. We had a one bedroom for three adults on the fourth floor that faced a canal on the Concourse - quiet and in the tree tops. Super location, and easy walk to Downtown Disney. Store has lots of choices - food was really good. We had bought groceries off site but the store had most of what we really used. Line for concierge was crowded with folks also trying to check in (they stood in both lines) so they need to solve for this. I would definitely stay at Sarasota Springs again (and ask for that same room!). There were some room issues - more with age than use - like really yellowed handles on the frig - but it did not impact our stay.

Room Tip: We were not facing downtown Disney in the section we were in - and imagine that they may be noisier.
1 Thank Beth_sage
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We've stayed at several Disney resorts, and we chose Saratoga Springs because it was a last minute booking, and wanted something a bit larger. We opted for a 1 bedroom, which was nice (but pricey). We arrived at 1am, and nothing was open -- we were realllly hungry and thirsty, and the only option was a soda machine (that ate our money, no bottle water or juice options). Luckily I had a bag of pretzels left over from the plane, otherwise we would have been stuck. We were totally unclear on where to go to find our room and wound up wandering the property in relative darkness for about 20 minutes before finding our place. That aside, the room was comfortable, spacious, and just what we needed. The property is beautiful, staff friendly, etc. We would probably stay here again.

PROS: Beautiful property, nice pool area
CONS: Too big. If you are stuck at a cluster of rooms away from the main building, expect far walks. Restuarant choices for breakfast were subpar. The Arists Pallette was small - not many breakfast options. I liked the options at other properties much better. Was difficult to find a space to sit, and staff got upset with us for sitting outside the main dining area in the pub area near the pool table (even though we had been directed by Disney staff to do so). Housekeeping was confusing. They leave a basket of supplies at your door, and it was never clear if they were going to clean our room or not. Some days they did, others they didnt, even though the basket of supplies was at our door. This was fine, but we would have appreciated being more informed about their process.

Room Tip: Get something close to the main building. If not, you will have quite a hike.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I love the space and location of Saratoga Springs. The theme isn't over the top and appropriate for adults with subtle disney touches. Great location if you're interested in going to the difficult-to-park-at Downtown area.

That said, there were a few snags. First, the check in process took an hour (an actual hour, thats not rounded up). They had several people handling online check in and one handling regular check in. You can tell that the lack of efficiency here was because of poor management (all guests could have been checked in reasonably if the staff was repurposed quickly per the business needs). Also, the staff was struggling a bit with the MagicBand stuff. There needed to be about 1-2 more people handling the check in and better training (read: faster service) when you got to the desk. This process shouldn't take an hour of my day after long travel.

My only other gripe is that while the rooms clearly have been refurbished and look great, the bathrooms (at least in the studio) are hurting. They need an update and felt like I was using a public restroom in one of the parks.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the boats to Downtown Disney, much better than the undesirable bus option.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple