“One of the most underrated resorts at Disneyworld.”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #79 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have been DVC members for some time now and Saratoga Springs (SSR) is indeed our home resort. Funny thing is we had never stayed at SSR and it was time to change that.
I must say that after reading everything other people wrote about it I was a little worried. After staying here for almost a week (leaving in two days) I must say this has to be the most underrated resort at Disneyworld.
First of all the resort area is very nice and extremely well maintained. And the buildings are all spread out through the property so yes, depending where you stay you may have to walk 10 minutes to the main building. Is that a big deal? For ME, not at all. For someone that can barely walk, yes, it will be an issue depending where you stay.
The other thing is every single time I come to Disneyworld I always rent a car for the duration of my stay. So no need at all to take the buses anywhere. I stayed at many resorts over here and no matter where you are it will always take 5x longer by bus than driving. Sure you can stay at Bay Lake Towers but if you want to go to Animal Kingdom you are on the same boat as someone at SSR trying to get to Magic Kingdom. A car fixes all these issues no matter where you stay. Definitely worth the $400 a week for a car. Keep that in mind, you will thank me later.
The room this time was a Studio and was enough for us (couple plus 30 month old boy). Food selection is ok, nothing to brag about it but again as I said with a car that becomes a non issue.
Highly recommended for sure. Great value for the money and I never had issues booking at any other resort at the 7-month window (sure I never tried to book Christmas Day or New Years Eve).
Would certainly add more points to my DVC at SSR given how much value you get for the money.

3  Thank TSMVP

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Spent 5 nights at Saratoga Springs Resort down at Disney....we've been to Disney several times before but decided to rent a two bedroom villa for a little more space for ourselves and our college age daughter and her friend. Villa was spotlessly clean, bright and beautiful -- two bedrooms, two baths (one with whirlpool tub), kitchen with all the appliances we would need, and a nice little patio to sit on in the morning. Beautiful! This was part of the Disney Vacation Club timeshares (we didn't use it as a timeshare, however, and the price was a bit steep, but worth it). Of course, as luck would have it, it was the coldest week of the year -- temperatures going down into the 40's and even upper 30's at night. Heat worked fine, but I wish they had more than one blanket in the room (we never bothered to ask; the kids said they were fine).

The grounds were absolutely beautiful and very quiet, which was what we wanted. Bus service worked fine for the parks, and the boats were running on schedule for Downtown Disney. My daughter scheduled a massage over at the Spa and said it was wonderful. Everyone was nice and helpful (although we really didn't need too much help, having done Disney many times before).

The only problems -- there aren't too many electrical outlets that were working well in the villa. When you bring your computer, cell phone, etc. and the bedside outlets don't work right, it's hard to charge anything. We managed, but they need to check the electric in the villas. The power went out for a few minutes early in the morning as well. Maybe it's time to upgrade the electrical in the villas?

The more important problem is the food court. I know this is a time share community and most people do use their kitchens or make reservations on the Disney Dining Plan, but we did neither the week we were there. They need to upgrade their food court to bring in more of a variety, or at least put out ready made foods other than salads (Having burgers on the menu or plain sandwiches wouldn't hurt; we found out the snack bar by the pools sell items like these, but many times they were closed by the time we got back to our villa). More variety other than flatbread pizzas and one or two sub sandwiches would be nice. It was, however, a nice touch to be able to buy milk, bread, etc. for the villa instead of going to the grocery store (the prices weren't bad at all, and the prices on their wine selection equal the local grocery store)

All in all, it's a beautiful resort which I would recommend to anyone. I bet in the spring it's spectacular!!!

4  Thank Ellen J
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This Disney property is not on the same scale of Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge, but it is an attractive, quiet, and well-maintained resort. The rooms are spacious but the furnishings, particularly the sofa/beds, need to be replaced. If you like to walk, this is the place for you. The resort is large and some buildings are a fair distance from the bus stops, restaurants, and pools. However, if you don't mind the walk, it is beautiful. Depending on where you are staying, you can even walk to Downtown Disney in about 20 minutes. The small swimming pool at Congress Park is very quiet and clean. The pool at the Paddock has a lot of action and children, and a very convenient bar/grill. There are also laundry facilities at each of the four pool areas, which is convenient. As for the bus transportation to the parks, no matter which Disney resort you're staying at (unless it's next door to a park), you should expect an hour from the time you arrive at the bus stop until the time you scan your bands at the park gate. There are many reasons that slow the process, so always leave additional time. We have stayed at Saratoga Springs several times, and as a middle-aged couple, we enjoy the laid back atmosphere spaciousness of the property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katmanchico
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We have been going to Disney World since the 1970's and we are a vacation Club member. This resort needs updating. The food service available at this hotel is very limited in choices and was not to our liking at all. Our room was way in the back but they do have a convenient bus station nearby so we were quite pleased about that and it was not a long walk.

The one thing I have a complaint about it that they will not transport you from one resort to another in their vans. You need to take the buses which would take close to an hour and we had family staying at the port orleans resort which was next to the saratoga springs and is only 5 min drive away. We have no problem taking the buses during our stay but this was just one time that I wanted to see my sister off before they left for home and asked if they would drive me over. They would not accommodate me and told me to take a taxi. I got into the taxi and he drove a little ways and then turned off his meter and told me he did not take credit cards only cash and that it would be $15. I was a lady alone and it was dark so I did not want to argue but I told him I only had $10. He then said ok $10 is fine. I reported him to my sisters hotel but this was an incident that did not need to happened and most likely happens often since they know that Disney will not transport people from resort to resort in their vans.

People save for years to come to walt disney world as did my sister and we would have had my sister stay with us but they wanted the princess room and vacation club villas do not have that.

Our room was very nice but I feel it certainly is time for an update. Cleanliness of the room was good and furnishing nice enough. Bags of trash were piled in the hallways and left near our door quite often and that was inappropriate. It made us feel as if we were at a cheap hotel.

Nevertheless The staff was excellent and accommodating in in every other sense.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room close to the bus stations because at the end of the day you will apprec...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KathieMae1970
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was our first visit to Saratoga Springs Resort. Overall we loved the resort and room. This originally was our last choice from reading reviews and talking to people. However now it is one of our first choices. It's actually our "home" resort for DVC.
Room style was a 1 Bedroom Suite (9345 Room #). Our room overlooked the golf course and the treehouses. The room was clean and easy to get to. It took apx 10 minutes to walk from our room to the lobby of the resort. The closest pool was less than a 5 minute walk. It had a fun play area for kids, hot tub, pool (warm), and a quick food service area (closed while we were there). The only downfall for us with the 1 bedroom was the bathroom. It was an odd set up. The tub and a sink area was attached to the bedroom. There was a door that connected this area to another with a shower and sink. Then you walked through another door to get to the toilet. You could also access the shower/sink room from another door. However if someone was in the shower you couldn't get to the toilet without walking by them in the shower. When we go back we will need a 2 bedroom to avoid this since we have 2 adults and 3 kids. The kitchen/living area was smaller than at Old Key West . The washer/dryer was nice but a little loud when running at night. We didn't use the buses other than for transportation to and from races for marathon weekend. That was WAY slower than other resorts. Not sure how they were going to and from the parks. Food - Okay. We like quick service choices but they didn't have much our family enjoys. We ordered pizza from an area pizza place and it was much better than the food we got at the resort. We never had issues with noise or staff. The stay was great and we look forward to going back.

2  Thank bigtwagner
Reviewed January 14, 2014

this place offers total escapism. Enter a world of Disney magic, with the slow pace feel of old style. Pool was great, easy to get to the parks and Downtown using the transportation system - kids loved the boat to Downtown. Clean spacious apartments, good restaurant at the turf club, though the fast food restaurant isn't the best value, but is served a purpose for a couple of breakfasts.

Room Tip: we stayed in congress park, great views of Downtown Disney and the lake
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sally S
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had a great Disney vacation, and traveled with 4 adults and 2 children. We rented a 2 bedroom unit in The Springs. The location was perfect, a 1 minute walk across parking lot to bus stop, pool, and 3 minutes to lobby. Ideal to get right off the bus, yet very quiet! The beds were comfortable, and the unit was well equipped.

The only gripe we have is with the layout of the room. We have stayed in the 2 BR at Old Key West last year, and they central living room/kitchen/dining room layout was much better. The sofa is a pull-out. While it is meant to be a comfortable bed, it was an awful sofa.

This resort is pretty far out, so if relying on bus transportation, leave extra time. This is especially true if you are planning on using extra magic hours and making sure you are there for rope drop in the morning. Allow an hour to get from bus stop through security and scanning magic band.

1  Thank john55c