We have been DVC members for some time now and Saratoga Springs (SSR) is indeed our home resort. Funny thing is we had never stayed at SSR and it was time to change that.
I must say that after reading everything other people wrote about it I was a little worried. After staying here for almost a week (leaving in two days) I must say this has to be the most underrated resort at Disneyworld.
First of all the resort area is very nice and extremely well maintained. And the buildings are all spread out through the property so yes, depending where you stay you may have to walk 10 minutes to the main building. Is that a big deal? For ME, not at all. For someone that can barely walk, yes, it will be an issue depending where you stay.
The other thing is every single time I come to Disneyworld I always rent a car for the duration of my stay. So no need at all to take the buses anywhere. I stayed at many resorts over here and no matter where you are it will always take 5x longer by bus than driving. Sure you can stay at Bay Lake Towers but if you want to go to Animal Kingdom you are on the same boat as someone at SSR trying to get to Magic Kingdom. A car fixes all these issues no matter where you stay. Definitely worth the $400 a week for a car. Keep that in mind, you will thank me later.
The room this time was a Studio and was enough for us (couple plus 30 month old boy). Food selection is ok, nothing to brag about it but again as I said with a car that becomes a non issue.
Highly recommended for sure. Great value for the money and I never had issues booking at any other resort at the 7-month window (sure I never tried to book Christmas Day or New Years Eve).
Would certainly add more points to my DVC at SSR given how much value you get for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs-a late-1800s' New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing-this charming, Victorian-style Resort hotel is nestled between rolling golf course greens and the shimmering Village Lake. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, dazzling pools and a spa. You can also explore the fun activities and exciting dining options of the Downtown Disney area, just a boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Disney
- Disney Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Resort Florida
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Saratoga Springs Orlando
- Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
- Saratoga Springs Fl