“Incredible”

Ranked #81 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Epping,Essex
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I could write pages and pages on how good this resort is. This holiday was our honeymoon and the cast members both in the resort and all the parks were amazing so friendly. The check in was fast, informative and very welcoming. The bell service was prompt, friendly and quick. The room was amazing full of everything you need to feel at home. The resort is close to everything IGNORE ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT DISNEY TRANSPORT. The longest we waited was 15mins and the buses to and from are direct with no stops. The pool and leisure facility were perfect, we don't have kids and were worried about the entertainment element, we were wrong it was not intrusive and the kids seem very happy. Please book this resort it is amazing.

Stayed May 2013
9 Thank JoeandHolly46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (999)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed May 12, 2013

One thing that would sum up this resort is HUGE. It's great for families who want to entertain themselves at the Disney World and resort itself. There are several pools within the resort, so if you and your family plan to spend few days in the resort, you may want to orient yourselves around the pool area or face the dreaded long walk. This may be especially important for families with toddlers or younger kids. After a day at one of the Disney World's parks, you may not want to face a long walk to the pool or lobby (where two of the descent restaurants are located).
ROOMS and LOCATIONS:
We were placed at the Carousel Villa initially upon arrival (room 7323). It's a quieter villa complex, and the bus stop is a stone throw away across a 2-way street with double yellow line. For families with little children, I would not recommend this complex simply due to this road. It gets quit busy with buses and private cars. The closes swimming pool is located in the Paddock Villa, which is also across the street, behind the Carousel bus stop.
It took myself (and adult over the age of 30) about an hour of walk round trip to get from the Carousel Villa to the lobby. That's not counting few minutes spent getting lost on the way there and back. We needed to pick up few grocery items for the little one as well as our dinner (grocery items are at the Artist's Palette). It is a beautiful resort, the ground is well kept and there is a beautiful man made lake with a water fountain and a beautiful bridge to cross from the Paddock to the Springs on the way to the lobby. I enjoyed the long breezy walk, however, cringed at the thought my son (4 yrs old) and parents (over 60 yrs old) surviving this walk especially after a long day at the park. The next day, we requested to be moved to a room closer to the lobby and bus stop. So we were placed at the Springs Villa (room 3336 which is listed as garden view but actually face the road where the bus stop is located). Unfortunately, the Spring's bus stop was temporarily closed and the temporary one was located further down. It takes 10-15 minutes walk each way to the temporary bus stop. Otherwise, it would normally be about 5 minutes.
The bathroom, sink, closet is somewhat awkward in a sense that you can't leave the bathroom door open at all times as it will block the sink area. As a result, the bathroom is always musty and somewhat moldy. The toilet flushes very well and hard (you can wake up a dead person from the sound), and the closet is very small. We left our bigger luggage under the sink. We stayed at a studio room. The bed was provided in a queen size, and the sofa bed was a full size. The patio was nicely size, but there isn't any lights there. So there is no way to be able to enjoy reading books there at night.
CAST MEMBERS and SERVICE:
By far, the friendliest hotel staff members in the East coast!!! Everyone is very thoughtful, everyone pays attention to details and everyone is punctual. While waiting for a room's status for an exchange, a front desk staff members noticed that our son was getting restless. She came up and gave us few crayons and papers for him. When the room freed up and we asked to be shown to the room, a staff member was literally available with the golf cart and key to the room as soon as we walked out of the lobby. Checking in and out was effortless as well.
FOOD:
As expected, food is a bit more expensive and some are really over salted. There aren't too many varieties of fresh fruits. At the Artist's Palette, there are only sandwiches, salad, soup, flat bread and 1 kind of hot entree nightly. Kids meals are the typical fare of macaroni & cheese, nuggets, hamburger. If any of these don't sound too appealing to you and your family, please do yourself a favor and bring the ready food from home. They can be stored in the in-room fridge, and heated in the in-room microwave. Paper plates, bowls, and utensils are available in the room as well as the mugs, cups and coffee maker.
POOLS and KIDS ACTIVITIES:
There are several swimming pools in this resort. The Paddock pool is our son's favorite. The kiddie pool in this village also has slides with the water tower that opens up and spills water on frequency. The High Rock Pool is where the nightly outdoor movies is held. And don't forget the daily Marshmallow Roasting (7:30-8:30pm). For a 4 yr old, those activities are MUST DOs. There are bikes rental as well at this resort. Very cute!!
Treehouse Villa:
They may be nice but the hassle of transferring out from the parks at the Spring station to go back to the Treehouse villa wasn't something that we looked forward to.
GOLF:
We didn't get to golf this time around. But the course is beautiful. Something to check mark for the golf afficianados out there.
SPA:
It wasn't available during our stay. But the fitness center is open 24x7.
GETTING TO THE PARKS:
It takes about 20-30 minutes each way to the parks. It wasn't a big deal to us and it beats the heck out of driving back and forth, looking for a parking spot each day, getting in and out of the parks.
GETTING TO DOWNTOWN:
There are two ways to get to downtown. I would recommend taking the nice scenic boat ride as opposed to the bus. You must cross the parking lot to get to the bus and the bus makes a stop at one of the waterparks. Taking traffic into consideration, it takes just as long to get to the parks. The boat ride sometimes close due to the inclement weather.

All in all, our son and parents seemed to have a great time at the resort and the parks. Staff members seemed to go above and beyond to ensure that guests are happy. One tip: don't hesitate to ask to exchange or get free upgrade for the room. If they have availability, they would give it to the guests to ensure that guests have a magical stay.

Room Tip: The Paddocks Villa for its convenient location to the pool and bus stop. The Springs Villa for it...
4 Thank mar1an1
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a quiet, clean fabulous resort then this is definitely the one. As a family we just could'nt find any faults. The rooms are huge!!!! We booked a two bedroom apartment which was ideal for our family of four because we love of our space at times. The pools are clean, food wonderful. Staff are very friendly and we especially loved Darlene who was so kind and greeted us with a smile every day. If you book this resort you won't be disappointed. Short bus ride to all the parks. We hope to return next year, it's worth every penny!

• Stayed May 2013
Brookhaven, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here from 2/16/13 through 2/23/13. As I arrived to the resort I left my carry on luggage with Bell services so I can head to the park. When I came back that day from the park, my carry on luggage was gone. This ruined my families vacation. After 3 months they cannot explain what happened to my luggage. I have been dealing with Disney's claim services which only want to cover a small portion of the value of my property. Disney's claim services is not doing what is right by taking responsibility for their mistake.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Gina2357
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We are dvc members so we stayed here on points in a 2 bedroom apartment. Very nicely decorated. Clean. Pretty! Really private atmosphere with many options for activities. The pools are all really fun. Walkway to downtown Disney is nice. Front desk staff and ambience -wonderful. We are proud to have this as our home vacation club resort and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We ask for a room near the walkway to downtown Disney. We like to see all the activity and to be in...
4 Thank E P
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just returned yesterday (May, 2013) from a 5-day trip to DW and stayed in a studio at Saratoga Springs. My sister is a DVC member so we stayed on points. We booked at the end of February (only two months before our trip) and were able to get a room at Saratoga Springs. We checked in around 12:30 pm the day we arrived and our room was ready. The woman checking us in was very friendly and answered our many questions with a smile! My sister and I have been to Disney many times and the employees (or "cast members") have always been friendly, but this time I really noticed their enthusiasm and willingness to go out of their way to smile, greet us, and say something nice. The friendliness of the cast members really makes the experience special! Our room was located in the 6000 block of The Paddock, near the Congress Park bus stop and a short walk to Downtown Disney. The room was well-appointed, very clean, and had decor worthy of a deluxe resort. The studio was a little small, but we had a good sized balcony facing the water. The queen bed was very comfortable and my sister slept on the pull out sofa which she said was fine to sleep on. For two adults, the room was tight when the couch was pulled out. If you are a family of three or four, I would not recommend a studio room because of the size constraints. The kitchenette in the room was perfect for us. We ordered from the Garden Grocer before arriving so we were able to make coffee, keep snacks and water in the fridge, and eat breakfast in our room each morning, saving a lot of money. The bathroom was clean and had a lot of extra towels, and we even had a small foyer area. The carpeting, curtains, bedding, and other decor throughout the room seemed new and were in very good shape. I am a light sleeper and was happy that the area of the resort we were in was quiet. We hardly ever heard noise from other rooms. My only complaint about the room was the air conditioning: when the AC was on, the room quickly got cold, but when we were too cold and turned it off, the room got very stuffy. It seems like Disney has tried to fix this problem by installing ceiling fans, except that when turned on, our ceiling fan didn't circulate the air! It just whirled around. But given all the other great points about this hotel, the air in the room was a minor inconvenience. On the map, this hotel looks enormous and its true that some areas are quite isolated, as other reviewers have said. However, if you don't mind walking, you can quickly and easily get from one end of the resort to the other. We were staying in what looked to be the farthest point from the front desk, but we walked between our room and the main entrance several times and it took us only about 5-10 minutes. The walk was nice, along the water, past two pools, and over a bridge. There was a bus stop not far from our room and we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. The buses were never crowded and it was a short trip to Epcot, the water parks, and Downtown Disney. We ate at the quick service restaurant, the Artist's Palette, one night and the food was decent, not spectacular. If you're not a meat eater, be prepared to eat bland salads at these restaurants. The menus are small and don't have a great variety of choices. (Luckily for us, we didn't spend a lot of time in our room or at the resort in general, eating most of our lunches and dinners at our favorite restaurants in the parks.) We spent one afternoon at the pool and I was happy to see several lifeguards on duty (this seems to be a pleasant new addition at Disney resorts; I've never seen lifeguards at any pool at any resort previously). The hotel also had an energetic employee running games at the pool for the guests. We played the Disney trivia game--lots of fun and very engaging for the guests! The pool near our hotel and the main hotel pool near the front desk were really nice and had fun waterslides for adults and kids. Both had splenty of chairs and umbrellas, were clean, and had bars with delicious adult beverages. Another point to consider about DVC properties that I loved, but that others may not is that the guest rooms are not serviced every day. My sister and I aren't messy, we don't use a lot of towels, and can make our own beds every morning so it was nice to leave the room and know that nobody else was going to be in it until we returned. We didn't have to pick up our suitcases and tidy up for the maid before leaving each morning. Overall, a great resort and a fun trip... I will definitely return!

4 Thank sugarpug
Moorpark, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being a Disney Vacation Club member, we have stayed here twice as a compromise from our preferred resort. Because the property is quite large, they usually have more availability than the other DVC resorts and in staying here, you do compromise a bit. Compared to the other DVC resorts, this resort is more of a motel-like layout with many buildings with open corridors. My preference is indoor hallways - I feel safer. Because the resort is so large and there are only a few pools, and unless you are luckily situated, it can be quite a walk for a quick dip. The rooms, however, as laid out like most other DVC Villas and are quite nice. I've stayed in both a studio and a two-bedroom villa. The two-bedroom villas are spacious with 2 full bathrooms, living room, dining area, full kitchen and washer and dryer. The studios are a bit on the small side, and they include a kitchenette and a sofa bed for a 2nd bed (which is killer on my back). I would prefer a second queen bed. This resort is located across the lake from Downtown Disney and be sure to take this into consideration if you wish to spend most of your time at the parks. To make it on time to any dinner reservations you have, you need to plan accordingly giving yourself at least 30 minutes to get anywhere on property (Disney has traffic too). For instance, if you have dinner reservations near the Magic Kingdom, it could take you up to 20 minutes to drive there (with traffic), then allow time to park and get to your destination. So, if your reservations is at Be Our Guest, it could take you up to 45 minutes or more door-to-door. I know I am spoiled and my preferred resort is my home resort, The Beach Club Villas, and the rooms at Saratoga Springs are quite comparable to The Beach Club Villas. The layout for each Villas is the same, the big difference is the resort amenities and location. Setting my whiny complaints aside, this is a beautiful resort with nicely decorated and clean rooms. As with all Disney resorts, it is nicely themed and the benefits to staying on property are many. Just take into consideration what is important to your family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family