“Out if this world”

Ranked #82 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Newcastle
“Out if this world”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A truly amazing resort. It's the size of a small town which may be off putting for some but as your staying in a Disney resort you can make use if the complimentary transportation system which is very very efficient and this resort has 5 bus stops alone!!!
The whole resort is immaculate and is well maintained. Golf course which I cannot comment as I don't golf but they have one. A full spa which you pay for treatments. 2 jacuzzis, 3 pools, cafe which was good but no variety. Food is the same each day and the surf club restaurant which is excellent.
Staff are so friendly an efficient but u found this all over Disney so not really anything out of the ordinary an all if the little extras as they always greeted you with welcome home which was nice.
Overall I cannot wait to go back, wether your rushing round the theme parks or just for a relaxing time around the pool this place is good for both

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank adamsimpson4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel I'm pleased to say that I was extremely impressed. The disney theme was rather subdued but quality and helpfulness could not be faulted in any way!!
Prior to our holiday we had reservations about several issues.
1. Layout of Hotel - spread out over a vast area.
Conclusion- the hotel is split into several areas. We stayed in congress, all rooms have an outlook, viewing Downtown Disney over the lake. DTD can be reached via water taxi every 1/4 hr or you can take a walk along the lake which took around 7-8 minutes to Rainforest Cafe. Each complex has it's own pool which we found pretty quiet, but no drink or refreshment area.
2. Sofa bed!!
Conclusion- as we were travelling with our 2 kids but had reservations about them sleeping on a sofa bed for 14 nights, all seemed fine ( it was massive and reasonably comfortable)
The room had a small kitchen area with coffee maker, toaster, fridge etc which enabled a quick getaway in the mornings.
All in all I would recommend staying in this hotel if you want to do Disney but not have the mouse rule your stay.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jharris1967
Portsmouth
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the second part of my review. At the end of our first week, I complained that the studio was too small, the manager upgraded us, free of charge, to a one bedroom apartment with views of the golf course. The room was big enough for the three of us with a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine and tumble dryer, and a large jacuzzi bath. We were closer to the main building and had one of the pools right next to the apartment.
We never spent much time at the hotel for the second week, we went to the parks during the day and Downtown Disney in the evenings, and as we had the dining plan, we ate at Planet Hollywood most evenings. We never booked, but is worthwhile as we had a 50 min wait one night.
The free transport is excellent for the Disney parks, but I definitely would recommend a hire car for the others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my third time staying at a Disney resort, my first time in Saratoga Springs. Here's the breakdown:

The Staff: It's Disney! The staff was wonderful, as they always are. The man who greets you as you walk in was absolutely fabulous and regretfully I did not get his name. He shared his secret stash of shampoo and towels with us, as we later discovered additional housekeeping service (ANY housekeeping service) costs money. We were very grateful to not have to pay absorbent fee's to have extra towels brought up to our room or new bottles of their shampoo/soaps. There was 7 of us in the suite, the 2 bottles provided to us was not going to last 4 days. I believe they wanted $3 per extra bottle you requested...ridiculous (and I don't find it all that special, either)! Also, we had made reservations for the luau at the Polynesian resort over Disney's tour line. It turned out that the consultant who set up our outing was mistaken, and gave us a section that was not compatible with our dining plan. Yikes! Concierge took care of us, however, and worked it out with management so that we could keep our reservations and not pay anything extra outside of our dining plan. Bonus points!

The Resort: The grounds were beautiful and very well maintained. We loved the fact that right outside our building were several walking paths. One took us straight over to Downtown Disney, a short 10 minute walk away! The pools are aplenty and each section of the resort has its own bus stop. My biggest complaint with the resort is the frequency of the buses. There were some days it took over 20 minutes for the right bus to show up at our station. One day in particular, a day I was not feeling well, I spent well over an hour trying to get from Epcot to Congress Park. The buses simply don't run fast enough. When you aren't feeling well - that makes it even worse. It had me regretting Saratoga. I've been at other resorts, and never had I spent an hour and fifteen minutes in transit between park and resort before. It happened several times during our 4 day stay.

The Room: Our group booked a two room suite, which sleeps quite a large number of people. The room itself is fantastic. It's spacious, comes complete with two full bathrooms and a fully stocked kitchen, and it had a great view of Downtown Disney. I decided to take the sleeper sofa for this stay, and I must admit: I did not sleep well at all. It was probably the most uncomfortable sleeping situation I have ever found myself in. The thin piece of foam simply doesn't cut it. I could feel a rod in my back at different points in the night or I'd constantly fight with the bed trying to find a spot that didn't feel rock hard. Eventually, I took the couch cushions and layered them underneath of the sheets for some extra padding. They helped somewhat, but even those couldn't do much to save my back.

The Facilities: Saratoga offered an on-site quick service called "The Artists Pallet". The food was yummy, the service friendly, and the shop right outside offered quick grab goodies. I can't say much for the pool or hot-tubs as the weather was unseasonably cold thanks to Hurricane Sandy barreling north just off the east coast. We didn't bother the pools, but they look lovely.

Overall: I docked a star because of the buses and the crumminess of the pull out sofa-couch. By the time we made it to our next destination (where I demanded a real bed) my back was shot and I was dead tired. Otherwise, Saratoga is a wonderful resort.

Room Tip: Congress Park is the furthest building from the resort hub. If you want easy walking access to Down...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amber A
Naples, FL
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice room. Multiple pools. And free Disney transportation makes this a very nice place to stay. You can park right in front of your villa building making loading and unloading the car easy. There is also bell service is so desired. You cannot walk to any of the parks from here but Downtown Disney is a nice, easy walk. Disney transportation takes you to all the parks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. Although we did not pay full price because we own property at this location not sure how the prices fare compared to other places similar to this.

The place was clean and very spacious. We stayed in a two bedroom villa that had a full kitchen and two bathrooms.

Wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We loved this resort, it's a relaxing break from the Disney parks but with the usual great Disbey cleanliness and service. It is a large resort but it's really no bother to stroll 10 minutes to get a refillable drink or a bite to eat. Don't really understand when people moan about the size of the resort and having to walk a long way when they're happy to wander round the parks all day!!

We like Congress Park or Granstand but to be honest each area has pros and cons.

Really like the choices at Artists Pallette, nice flatbreads and panninis, makes a nice change from burgers etc (but you can get a nice burger at the counter service at the Paddock pool.

Another great stay here, so relaxing x

• Stayed August 2012