Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
$345
$309
$125
$110
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$174
Travelocity
$453
$437
Travelocity
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$204
TripAdvisor
3,841 results
All reviewscongress parkbedroom villadowntown disneypaddock poolcarriage housemain poolbus stopartist's palettegrandstand areasprings areadvc memberspaddock grilldisney vacation clubfull kitchenold key westcommunity hallmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The hotel, restaurant, spa, pools, and lobby are beautiful and fun! The only downfall, unless you have your own vehicle, is the transportation. Stop after stop, long waits for buses, and getting from the carriage house (the check in area), is exhausting for vacationers who aren't there to be in a walkathon!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We traveled in a group that included 5 adults and three children. My mom has a DVC membership, so was able to obtain the villa with her DVC points. When we arrived at noon, the room was not ready, and wasn't ready until after 4pm, so we all went to Epcot for the afternoon/evening. The resort is nice, and the pool and amenities are terrific. I loved our clean, well-appointed villa in the trees, and we had plenty of comfortable space. I wish the heat had been working in the smaller pool (it didn't work for the whole week), but the main pool was great. Food was good in the Artist's Palette. My main objection is the resort's distance to the parks. From the Treehouse Villas, it takes two buses to get to the parks. Downtown Disney is even closer (walking distance from the main resort), but taking the buses requires at least 45 minutes. Getting back from Downtown Disney is even longer because the bus goes to Typhoon Lagoon and other places first. I enjoyed our stay, but transportation was an big issue for me. 75 mins or more to get to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot is too long if you want to go back to your room in the afternoon to relax before dinner -- you end up having to turn around and get back on the bus almost right away.. I hope for our next trip we stay someplace that is closer to the parks.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Leofwynne
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Just back from 16 nights at the Saratoga Springs. It is a lovely resort, but like others have said, it is very big and took us a couple of days to work out where everything was and which was the quickest route to get to it. We had a studio in the Paddock area, near the Congress Park bus stop. It was just over a 5 minute walk to the Paddock Swimming pool which was excellent. The main pool itself had a big slide for older children and adults which led into the big pool which was initially quite cold, although there was also a lovely warm hot tub next to it. There was also an excellent shallow childrens pool with slides right next to it, which our young children loved and would happily have spent all day there. There is also a laundry next to the pool, which was quite handy.
The main pool up near "The Springs" bus stop and the restaurants also looked good, but more for slightly older children.
Mousekeeping was excellent and we often returned to find our childrens teddies in various poses on their bed, which often brought a smile to their faces. The only thing I would mention was that when we arrived in our room after a 9 hr flight, there was only one bed made, when they already knew we were a family of 4. I phoned reception and they told me to pull out the sofa bed and get sheets, blanket & pillows from the wardrobe and make it up myself, which I don't think is good enough and not the standard which I would expect from Disney. Also when I booked I was told it would be 2 proper full size beds, but it was just one and a sofa bed. (Whereas my friend who booked a studio in Key West was given a room with 2 proper beds).
The good thing about the location of our hotel was that it was within walking distance to downtown, which was far quicker than waiting for a bus or boat (although the boat was nice to take too).The walk just took around 15 mins from our room.
We had the Disney Dining Plan, which I would definately recommend. It enabled us to dine in some excellent locations such as Chef Mickey, Ohanas, Cinderella's Table, Akershus & Narcosses, all which I highly recommend. Also for the quick dining, we found Wolfgang Pucks Express over at Downtown the best place for choice, away from your usual hotdogs and chicken nuggets. They did lovely wood-fired Pizza's along with freshly made salads and various pastas etc.
While staying here we also ate at the hotel's "Artists Palate" and the "Turf Club", both of which were good. There is also a small shop selling essentials like bread, milk, cereals etc. which was handy if you wanted to make breakfast in your room before heading to the parks.
The only thing which I would say which let the hotel down, was the bus service. On a couple of occassions we were left stranded for ages. One day we walked to the bus stop @ Typhoon Lagoon around 4pm, 5pm we were still waiting for a bus as none had come along. Then a guy who worked at T.Lagoon said our best bet would be to get a bus to downtown, which had just pulled in and then get another one from there to our hotel, as after 5pm the park closes and they stop sending buses shortly after. Well we got the bus to downtown and waited a further hour there without anything arriving for Saratogo, whilst watching around 4 buses appear for pretty much each and every other resort in that time. We gave up and walked through downtown over to our hotel. This night we ended up missing our dinner reservation in Epcot due to the time wasted waiting for buses. The irony of it all was that if there was a pedestrian crossing next to Typhoon Lagoon, we could have walked from there to our hotel within half an hour.
We had stayed at the All Stars a few years ago and had never experienced a problem with the buses. Which is why I was happy to stay on Disney property again,as this would save us hiring a car, as we were unsure of the roads and driving abroad.
However after this experience, when we return to Florida again, we will definatley be hiring a car!
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel, but just hire a car unless you are happy waiting around for ages on transport.

Room Tip: Congress Park Area - Nearer to Downtown Disney, own pool area too The Springs - Near main pool and both restaurants & boat to downtown The Paddock - Near a great (younger) kids pool and also separate adults pool & hot tub The Grandstand - Good views of the gold course
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Okay so I visited this place as a guest of my brother who "owns" time there. Just driving up to the facility is breathtaking with the rolling hills, beautiful golf course, manicured lawns and of course the friendly smiles from the Disney folks. I traveled with 3 children and 3 adults and this place had MORE than enough space. Two huge bedrooms and 2 full size bathrooms. The shower in the master bathroom was huge, but needed more spaces to keep your soap and etc. The villa included a full kitchen, and an apartment sized washer and dryer and A small eating area, family room and a balcony. It even has a entry way kinda of "vestibule" area that makes it feel like you are entering an apartment. When you enter the facility, it feels like you are entering an apartment complex. Of course, who can talk badly about Disney's customer service right? It was exceptional! Okay - so more about this place, it is wonderful. Spacious, clean, and extremely quiet. In various places of the villa are extra ammenities just in case you forget, including a port a crib and a high chair. Extra laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, you know that kind of stuff. I didn't hear anyone ever while there, and we were there in the Summer - in a place brimming over with children! The check in process was quick and easy. Disney always does this very well. The pool we went to was large enough to not feel crowded and was the perfect temperature. There are multiple pools. They have movies you can watch from the pool or poolside at night. This places basically has everything you need. The only problem we had with the Disney buses was waiting for a bus to the magic kingdom. Sometimes it took up to 15 minutes....this is strange for Disney. They ahve shuttle buses that take you anywhere. The only thing I would change is that the furnishings were a little outdated, especially the sleeper sofa in the living area. Its definitely time for renovations. Other than that - great place to stay after a long day at Disney!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Spend 4 days at Saratoga using our Disney Vacation Club Points.
Arrived there early and checked in, our room wasn't ready but we didnt expect it to be so we already had a bag packed for the pool. The check in man was really good and told us which block our room would be in but as we saw it was at the back of the resort we asked him to change it and he got us into a much nearer building right by one of the quieter pools. We had a 1 bed villa which was perfect for the 3 of us, nothing missing or broken and spotlessly clean.
We love this resort, main pool is manic so we avoid it but there were plenty of chairs at the smaller pools all day. Didnt use the restaurant this time but did use the small food court which is good value. The bar area is very nice with lots of comfy chairs, great to relax in there after a busy day.
Main bonus for us is that its an easy walk into Downtown Disney which is much nicer than the longwinded Disney buses which take a while to go round the resort but thats because its such a huge place.
I cant understand how anyone could have any complaints about this resort - we love it and cant wait for our next stay - Disney at its best!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be in a block near to the walkway to Downtown Disney
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family