“As good as being at home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando - UCF Area
Ranked #42 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Although located on the outskirts of Orlando, the big attractions in the area are only a short drive away. The rooms are very spacious and well layed out. The kitchenette is certainly designed for those who desire to "cook-in" instead of dining out at the local eateries (which are numerous and with a wide variety). The hotel staff couldn't be more courteous and helful. The free breakfast each morning, exceeds anything that I have experienced at other hotels that I have stayed at. The managers evening hospitality buffet, on Mondays through Thursday, are quite nice and a pleasure when you don't feel like eating out. Overall, this hotel is a great place to stay, short or long term.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando - UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2010

Dear Homestead_Homie,

Thank you very much for the excellent review. We really appreciate your comments about our hotel and look forward to have you with us in the future.

JS

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I travel frequently in my position with the US Army and normally use Homewood Suites. One or two I will not go back too but the HWS in Oralndo - UCF area is the best I have stayed at anywhere in the USA and this includes other Hilton Hotel chains. A very warm and friendly staff of people providing services are the key to my return to this hotel. From the front desk who greet you ( Chris especially ) to the people who serve the items on the menu, to even the maintenance man (Larry) and the cleaning staff, the services are excellent and they are genuine if you need assistance of any kind ( There's a lot to do in Orlando, believe me). Strongly recommend this hotel to anyone that may visit the Orlando area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando - UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2010

Thank you for your review and very kind comments about our team. We look forward to have you back in our home away from home!

Jan Stanek

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I had the opportunity to travel for business 6 times to the Central Orlando area. Each time I stayed at the Homewood Suites Orlando-UCF area. The entire staff is dedicated to customer service. From registration to checkout they greet you, ask how your stay is going, ask if there is any improvements for a quality stay, store your golf clubs for your next visit. Everyone was polite: the reception clerks, housekeeping, maintenance and dining area staff. It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review you gave us ! Our staff look forward to having another opportunity to be your home away from home in the future.

Jan Stanek

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I hate to even write this review, because it's already hard to get a room unless you book in advance. I live in Washington, DC, and work in Orlando. Having lived this life for two years, I've sampled every hotel in the UCF area. These days, I go out of my way to make sure I stay at the Hilton Homewood Suites, even calling the hotel directly if our corporate booking system won't let me. :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

We are very happy to see the great review you gave us! It is our goal to provide excellent service and accomodations! Thank You for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando - UCF area!!

Reviewed June 13, 2009

Went to Orlando with my Husband and 2 Children for Honors Orientation at UCF. Because we would have 4 in the party - for privacy, and convenience, we wanted a suite. This hotel was close to UCF, advertised that it was a "suites" hotel, AND IT WAS A HILTON HOTEL. We've always had good experiences with Hilton which has the reputation of being a quality chain.

I'm a smoker as well, and I know that if you book online, sometimes you're told that room types can't be guaranteed. I called the reservation line and booked a confirmed reservation several weeks in advance, confirming with a credit card. I received confirmation for a King Suite, Smoking for our trip. It was more than an 8 hour drive from our home in Myrtle Beach, SC to Orlando, Florida. When we arrived, we were told by the desk clerk that OUR ROOM WASN'T AVAILABLE B/C A PRIOR GUEST HAD EXTENDED THEIR STAY AND A MANAGER HAD APPROVED THIS. They offered a Queen Smoking suite. Now, I wasn't going to make a big deal about a queen bed verses a King bed and it was a "suites" hotel, so, I was unhappy, but agreed to accept the Queen Suite.

Only one problem - when we got to the room, it WASN'T A SUITE. I called downstairs, very unhappy. Was told nothing else was available and they'd let us know when OUR RESERVED ROOM BECAME AVAILABLE. A day later, we still weren't in our confirmed room. When I reaced another employee, we were told we couldn't have our ORIGINAL ROOM BECAUSE A PRIOR GUEST HAD LEFT A SUITCASE IN THE ROOM AND UNDER FLORIDA LAW, IF A SUITCASE IS LEFT IN A ROOM, THE HOTEL CAN'T BOOK IT TO ANOTHER GUEST FOR 2 DAYS.

We'd also booked this hotel b/c it advertised on the web site that it had a video arcade - a good amenity when you're traveling with an 11 year old. Problem? False advertising. The hotel doesn't actually have a video arcade. The one time my husband tried to take the 11 year old swimming at the outdoor pool, they found it so dirty that my hubby didn't think it would be safe for my son to swim there.

The night before we were to leave we got a call that our original suite was available and the room was right next door to the one we were in. My family was off at Disneyquest for the only "entertainment" we had time for in our trip. There was no point moving for several hours. Also, we'd seen another guest coming and going from the room. GUESS WHICH EXPLANATION WAS THE TRUTH?? I doubted the second one from the get-go because I'm from Myrtle Beach - also a tourist town - and couldn't imagine that the hospitality industry wouldn't be up in arms over a law that allowed a guest to hold them hostage by simply leaving a suitcase behind.

I emailed Hilton the night we arrived to tell them we were very unhappy. Hilton did nothing. The hotel never even offerred to book us into another hotel that would offer the accommodation we reserved and confirmed but didn't get at Homewood Suites. Turned out the hotel had nonsmoking suites available. I suggested they move us and that the hotel pay for any cleaning costs to deoderize the room from my "smoking" but they refused to do that.

DON'T STAY AT HOMEWOOD SUITS. IN FACT, YOU MIGHT WANT TO AVOID HILTON ALTOGETHER. This hotel doesn't honor reservations and Hilton Doesn't have any honor.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank SCMAG12
KC_Manager, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando - UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2009

Dear SCMAG12:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I was very dissapointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations regarding your room type and facilities.

We welcome all guest's feedback to continually improve our facilities and services.

I sincerely apologize about the error on our website showing an onsite arcade. This was meant to be an off site listing. We corrected this immediately when you brought this to our attention.

We have made three attempts to reach you regarding your stay, as we would like to be able to make this up to you and your family.

I will be calling again at the phone number we have on file in hopes to reach you.

We strive to ensure our guests are 100% satisfied. I look forward to speaking with you,

Kelly Carney
407-282-0067

Reviewed June 3, 2009

This place was FAB!!!! it was not over the top. but it was VERY NEAT AND CLEAN and just what the Doctor ordered.
After escaping from the deplorable conditions at the WESTGATE INN VACATION VILLAS in Kissimmie Florida with BED BUGS!!!!!!! It was worth the overpriced last minute rate i was charged!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank NycSnob
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Our family stayed at the Hilton in May of '09 and being from Florida we have stayed in Orlando hotels quite a bit but this one was by far the best over all hotel we have stayed at.

First: The service was impecable. Words can't even begin to describe how wonderful every single one of their staff members are. They were always friendy and courteous.

Second: The rooms are fantastic, specially for families with children (young or old). There was a little kitchenette, spacious living room and super comfortable beds.

Third: Delicious breakfast and dinner are served daily at no extra cost. So if you are looking to save this place is perfect for you.

Overall this hotel is top notch. We will stay at Homewood Hilton on our trips to Orlando from now on.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family