“A great hotel close to UCF”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in September. We have a lovely 2 room suite fully set up with full kitchen and living room. Breakfast and Kickback were a real bonus. Swimming pool really good also. Free WiFi. Very clean. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a main road so front rooms to be avoided if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear GregLee1955,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you are pointing out the great amenities Homewood Suites has to offer, certainly a value that is hard to find anywhere else. My team is very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Orlando.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent three days in Orlando UCF area past weekend ( return to school) the staff was very helpful able to accommodate my early check in in spite of been super busy, as usual I get a king bedroom suite very comfortable, had minor issue with AC and was fixed almost immediately , breakfast good, this hotel has a Walgreen few yards from it that makes it very convenient , will return

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lsantiago
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Isantiago,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your continued business. While the back to school week can be very stressful for both parents and students, we are always working hard to provide our guests with a comfortable environment after a long day of shopping and moving items to the student housing. I would like to thank you bringing the situation with the AC to our attention and I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of that to your satisfaction.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Long story short: we went on a tour of three Florida college campuses and stayed at three Hilton properties. This one wins, hands down. I realised once I arrived at the hotel that I had stayed here before and received great service. This time was no different. The rooms and public areas are clean. Comfortable beds. The staff is polite and attentive (the desk clerk even remembered my name). The desk clerk even kept her cool with two misbehaving little boys discovered running around the hotel unsupervised. The free breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was hot and kept filled. Free internet. Convenient to the UCF campus and close to shops and restaurants. There's a Walgreens right next door. They proudly display their Trip Advisor Award at their front desk and they deserve it. Good job!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank littleyacht
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear littleyacht,

You truly made our day. Thank you so much for this excellent review, our team was more than thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope that your family will decide for a future at UCF and we can continue to be your home in Central Florida.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is Very Good, the room is big And confortable.
The breakfast don,t have fresh fruits ! A lot of itens are industrialized food!

1  Thank Francisco N
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience. I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff that the breakfast did not exceed your expectations, however would like to advise you that we do offer fresh cut fruit such as strawberries, cantaloupe or pineapple on a daily basis as well as a fruit basket with various items. Our menu rotates on a daily basis and every item is always prepared fresh by our lovely breakfast attendants.
Again thank you for your time, we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

A friend and I stayed here on the first night of a multi-week vacation. He has family nearby, and we were meeting them for dinner. The hotel is very nice. The outside, pool area, and lobby area were clean and inviting. The managers reception/breakfast area, along with the associated food and drinks, were average to above average. Our room was nice, albeit a bit cramped w/all the furniture. All in all, a nice stay. We left very happy.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor. Some of the floors/ceilings in Homewood/Hilton Garden Inns tend to be thin, so t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CarlNova
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear CarlNova,

Thank you so much for writing this excellent review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please join us again when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Steffi Snelling,

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed a weekend here while visiting our daughter. We have stayed at several other places along N. Alafaya trail, but this is the first that deserves my review. Check in was seamless and efficient. The room was comfortable with all the amenities to make us at home for our stay. The kitchenette was a nice addition, but the full working fridge/freezer was a big plus. It was great for our insulin storage and keeping all the snacks we like to have on hand. The rooms were spotless with a nice offering of toiletries. The breakfast was delicious with an array of options. The breakfast room was modern, stylish and clean. Parking was well lit. The pool and spa were relaxing. We will be returning to the area often and plan to exclusively stay here.

Room Tip: We had a quite room that overlooked the pool from the third floor. Pool might get a little noisey at...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve S
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Steve S,

It is an honor to receive your first hotel review for Orlando and be your "home away from home" while visiting your daughter here. We appreciate your kind words on our services we offer. Our team is taking great pride in their work and I am happy to hear that your stay was top notch from the time of arrival to your departure. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for taking the time to share your experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is a great choice if you need to be close to UCF. For around $120 a night you can get a spacious room with a flat screen TV, kitchenette, queen bed and a sofa bed. Other than the air conditioner being a little loud, the room is clean and the bed very comfortable. They offer a hot breakfast which is a rarity in this kind of hotel. Great value, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alexdelange
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Alexdelange,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. My team will be happy to hear your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your home away from home, and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. When your travels bring you back to Orlando, we do hope to see you back home with us again.