“Good Fun. Bad Food”

Ranked #245 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, part of the Norway Pavilion within Epcot theme parkWorld Showcase, provides a Disney Princess Storybook Dining experience in a medieval castle-themed restaurant. Here, you can delight in American cuisine for breakfast and Norwegian-inspired entrees for lunch and dinner.Each meal starts with an adventurous "Taste of Norway," an impressive Norwegian buffet (koldtbord) of cold dishes. For breakfast, American favorites are served family style as well as from a breakfast buffet featuring breakfast breads, a yogurt station and a selection of fresh fruit.
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Our two year old daughter loved the princesses and they were all super great with her. We were celebrating her birthday (turning 3) and they let her lead the parade around the room. The food, however, was not good and I actually got sick after eating the salmon. The buffet had some good cheeses, though. Not sure we would return for the food.

4  Thank Stacy T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,439)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had breakfast at Akershus. Though the line of individuals waiting to eat was fairly long, I presume most had an ADR, we were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time. The grandchildren and daughter love having their pictures taken with Belle. The food is served family style with a platter of sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs and potatoes and refilled as requested. The meal is started with a trip to the fruit bar and it never ceases to amaze me how fresh and tasty the fruit is. The grandchildren love meeting the princesses without having to wait in a line and they also enjoyed the little parade held in the restaurant. This restaurant is an excellent place to enjoy a relaxing breakfast.

6  Thank Enjoyinglife63
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I visited in June 2013, we tried to get a table at Cinderella's Royal Table but couldn't and were recommended this place. We had a reservation and had to wait 15 minutes - no big deal. The food was the issue for us. I ordered a chicken sandwhich and my husband got fish. I would say that it is nothing special and I can't see the Scandinavian style buffet selections being a child pleaser. Our waitress was good and the princesses were a nice touch (my husband loved that they "swooned" over him and called him my prince, haha) . We are visiting again in October and I have snagged a reservation at Cinderella's Royal table - hope it's better than this princess experience.

3  Thank Sara M
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had reservations (four months prior) for 13 people. We were 8 adults and 5 children. We gave our name and reservation number and waited...and waited...They were calling Name party of 3, Name party of 4- they called 31 people before us. We had 3 little ones with us age 2 and under. When I asked why we were waiting so long- it was our size. We got pictures and sat down at our table only to have our waiter tell us that he was going to his other table because there were only 4 people and easier to manage!! More waiting. We all went to the salad bar only to be told by our waiter that he would not take our drink orders until we were ALL sitting. Thank God he came to his senses and rethought his approach. I wish I could remember his name because he really did become very helpful. (There were two names on his name tag) Yes, the princess parade is adorable and the princesses were patient and came to each table. But, there is no way it is nicer than Cinderella's Royal Table where we ate the next night.
My advice is split your group in two. We have gone to many different dining experiences in Disney, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and never got an attitude because of our group size.

3  Thank Noraneal
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Now of all the restaurants we went to during our stay at Disney, this place ranks one of the highest. The buffet is one of my favorites (see my other reviews) and you get to see most of the princesses. Not only did we meet them at the table but our meal came with a complementary picture. Just a side note, lunch is actually a buffet but breakfast isn't. They bring you a large plat full of eggs, potato's, and a variety of breakfast meats. Maybe I didn't get the best service this time but I'm wiling to overlook it (past service has been much better). I hate to make excuses, but I think we were the last people seated for the breakfast meal.

4  Thank Mrlyn101