“Great meal”

Ranked #268 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, part of the Norway Pavilion within Epcot theme parkWorld Showcase, provides a Disney Princess Storybook Dining experience in a medieval castle-themed restaurant. Here, you can delight in American cuisine for breakfast and Norwegian-inspired entrees for lunch and dinner.Each meal starts with an adventurous "Taste of Norway," an impressive Norwegian buffet (koldtbord) of cold dishes. For breakfast, American favorites are served family style as well as from a breakfast buffet featuring breakfast breads, a yogurt station and a selection of fresh fruit.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We ate here in November. Two families with four little girls ages 4-8. Each family got a printed picture of the girls with Belle. They girls loved it and the princesses were great with them. One of the girls in our party had a milk allergy so the chef came out and went over the menu options with her so she could make her choices. I have to say this was my favorite meal of the trip. The kids meals seemed ok. All 4 of us adults loved their meals. My beef sandwich was so spectacular....great flavor and such tender beef, I savor end every bite. And the chocolate moose cake was really good, worth every bite.

I would go back and eat there again. I really enjoy character meals for getting autographs over standing in line so this works well for me.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,376)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a really great experience! This was our first Disney character meal and we chose it over the Princess dining at MK.

We waited about 20 minutes for our table (with a reservation) which I believe is to be expected. People complain about having to wait for their table but then complain that they're being rushed to finish their meal. Seeing as I worked as a waitress through college I understand people get upset when their reservation isn't prompt, but things happen. People take longer to eat, what would you like the wait staff to tell them to hurry up because people are waiting?

Anyway -first our daughter met Belle and got her photo taken. We were then seated and our waiter was promt. He was very good at explaining the process to us. Once he took our order he explained we could fill up at the buffet as many times as we'd like. The appetizer buffet included fruit, deli meats and cheeses, cucumber salad, lettuce salad, rolls, tuna salad, chicken salad, a quinoa salad, shrimp, salmon, and some other cold salads along those lines and fish. The food was all great and I was almost full off of that!

I've seen people complain that their food came too promptly after the appetizer buffet and that they didn't get a chance to go back for seconds. Well, if their food didn't come fast enough they would have complained about that too. My husband had gotten the lamb, my mother got the mushroom ravioli, my stepfather and myself had gotten the meatballs and our daughter got the pizza. We all really loved our food! The meatball meal was amazing, husbands lamb was awesome and I even tried my mothers ravioli which was great.

We met Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, and Snow White. They all took their time at the table and chatted with out daughter. She was in awe, it was great! Another cast member brought our pictures. We got 2 5x7's in the cardboard frame and then about 8 4x6's (included in the price). I wasn't expecting so many pictures included!

Our server was polite and very promt with our beverage refills. For desert he brought 2 plates, each including a chocolate mouse, rice pudding, and apple cake. It was plenty and good!

I didn't feel rushed and We all really enjoyed our food and experience. We paid separate checks but my family of 3 with our daughter was $120. This price included pictures, drinks, appetizer buffet, meal, desserts and meeting 5 princesses. We had A great time and would go back again!

1  Thank ewroblewski28
Reviewed November 21, 2013

You give you name at the desk before being called to enter. (Disney Dining Plan this well in advance).
Through you go to have your picture taken with "Belle" then you are shown to your table.

The servers are all from Norway and very nice and polite (others could learn a few things from this restaurant!)
Drinks were served quickly and assistance given to help choose from the menu. The chicken was wonderful.

The princesses came round the tables and posed for photographs and signed the books each very much in character, and our girls were beaming with smiles all night long.

Unfortunately some parents need to teach their children so manners and have some control as they expected to go up to a princess when they wanted to and interrupt another tables interaction, very poor parenting from some families.

The buffet food was good for Disney lots of choice and this went well with the Norwegian fare.

Where the negatives for the food come from is beyond me, it's not Michelin 2 star anywhere in Disney so you can't knock it. It was hot well stocked and edible what more do you desire.

Of all the restaurants this was second only to Cinderella's Table but that is another review.

This was really nice and if you book for say 7:30 pm you will be leaving just in time for the firework display.
It takes about 15 minutes to walk here from the bus stops via Mexico to the left as you get to the lake.

1  Thank MrsDisney2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a busy restaurant, be prepared to check in outside, then wait 10-15 minutes in the heat for your table. I have eaten here three times, (three years in a row), and it has been consistent. Once your name is called, you will be escorted inside to have two photos taken with Belle, which are complimentary. A server will then escort you to your seats and take drink orders. I have always eaten here for their princess breakfast. A cold buffet is available with pastries, salads, fresh fruit, cheese, and smoked fish. Your server will bring a platter of scrambled eggs, (a bit on the runny side), sausage, bacon, and a potato casserole, served family style. They will bring you more of any or all items if you run out. The country Akershus represents is Norway, and like all world showcase countries, the servers are young people from their country. I usually find them a bit on the inexperienced side, but not so much that it overly detracts from the meal. There are always 4 princesses that come to the table. Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, and Ariel have been there each time we went. I personally love the food here, and the family style servings are always a plus for me, as it is food my children will eat. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant if you want fine dining, or a romantic atmosphere. It's best for families with little girls, who like standard American breakfast items.

5  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went here for Breakfast on New Year's Day.
It was a WONDERFUL experience.
I would recommend this for anyone that wanted to do a Princess Dining.
We hard early reservations before the Park opened.
We had no problem getting inside the park and going to the Restaurant.
We allowed extra time to make sure we got to our reservation on time and we actually get there extremely early.
So we walked around the area's that we open and still had time to spare so we went up to the reservation desk and told them that we were early and wanted to let them know we were here and they said that, that was okay we could go ahead and get in line to have our picture's taken.
We did that and we got to have our picture taken with Belle.
She was GREAT.
She saw that we were celebrating my Birthday and was extra special with me.

When we were seated we had a excellent view of the whole restaurant and we had a Wonderful Server.

He kept us well filled up on everything we needed.
When he brought me my cupcake and Birthday Card signed by all the Character's I asked him to sign my Birthday Card and he was surprised that I asked him to sign it and said all the Character's had sign it for me and I said I know that, but I would really like you to sign it too, because you have made this a wonderful experience.
So he sign his name and wrote Happy New Year in Norwegian.

The Princess's were Wonderful too. They all wished me a Happy Birthday.

1  Thank NanaCarol2013