“Wonderful Princess Meal”

Ranked #267 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, part of the Norway Pavilion within Epcot theme parkWorld Showcase, provides a Disney Princess Storybook Dining experience in a medieval castle-themed restaurant. Here, you can delight in American cuisine for breakfast and Norwegian-inspired entrees for lunch and dinner.Each meal starts with an adventurous "Taste of Norway," an impressive Norwegian buffet (koldtbord) of cold dishes. For breakfast, American favorites are served family style as well as from a breakfast buffet featuring breakfast breads, a yogurt station and a selection of fresh fruit.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My daughter wanted to see princesses on our recent trip to Disney. So I scheduled lunch at the Akershus Royal Banquets at Epcot. It was perfect. When we first arrived I told them we had a reservation and we waited outside for about 10 min. We went in and got a family picture with Belle. Then we were shown to our table. The appitizer buffet was better than I had expected and had lots of cheese, fish, etc to choose from. While we were eating Belle, Cinderella, Aerial, Snow White, and Aurora visited our table. My daughter was able to get pictures and autographs from each. The castle is very pretty inside, the service and food were both very good. It was expensive, but I believe well worth it.

There are newer reviews for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Being on the dining plan, we chose this place for my 6 year old daughter to see, Ariel,Belle,Aurora, & Snow White in one place. It was great, they did a parade around the Resturant & the princesses spent time at the table. The food was good also with a cold buffet including lobster claws & then a dinner menu. Would eat here again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have always loved this restaurant and was just thinking how much I liked it whilst eating my starters (barely started) when our main dishes were plonked down beside us! The starters were lovely- a great buffet selection including hams, cheeses and cold smoked fish with salads. My salmon was dry and not much flavour. The kids had meatballs which were good. Hubby had beef tips which were nice and tender, served with a good gravy, mash and broccoli. Dessert was also served before we had finished mains. This made the meal feel very rushed. This is however a good restaurant for princess character meeting- Snow White, Ariel, Aurora and Cinderella all came to each table and there was a princess procession for younger kids. A photo is included in the meal package with Belle and this is delivered to the table. The cost has markedly increased so this now costs the same as the Royal Table -$220 plus tip. If you are on DDP and want to meet princesses this is the best value-1TS(2TS for Royal table) but if you are paying out of pocket I would recommend Royal Table.

1  Thank aotni
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

It was wonderful to see at the princesses in one place and get their signatures for my girls, but their was nothing on the menu my husband or kids even wanted to " try." We are mostly from the salad bar. I barely touched my salmon cakes and the rest of my family just moved the food around on their plates. The price was extremely high especially when we went away hungry with a hefty price added for tip, souvenir cups, and photos.

1  Thank Jbx5
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Took three young boys ( 11, 9 & 5 ). They enjoyed the princess themed dinner. The boys didn't participate in the princess procession. Although you could see that the young ladies and girls did. You get complimentary pictures with Belle when you have a party over 5. They are cute and made the experience even more magical. The food is half buffet and half order. I have never experienced this type of set-up but it was nice. The buffet was good and made sure to try the caramelized goat cheese as told to by server. It was good as billed, the cheese. The cold fish on the buffet was excellent. Salmon and capers were good but I really like the herring that was smoked. I had the server recommend Norwegian meatballs, they were great. Family all had salmon except for me. They all raved, including 5 year old. We will definitely try it again. Deserts were to die for. My 11 year old is still talking about the traditional pudding on how good it was. Service was excellent, probably the best except for The Wave in the Contemporary. Would be nice if princes or heroes were added for the benefit of boys, like Prince Charming or Aladdin...

2  Thank thejettsetters