“Smashing Place”

Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village
Ranked #40 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Very, very good place.

Location - Just right, being near enough to all the parks without being too manic. Also great for the shops with a keycard entrance to the adjacent Premium Outlets.

Staff - Brilliant, and extremely friendly. Everyone from porters through to maintenance staff said hello and made us all welcome throughout the visit.

Rooms - Can't really moan, and any problems were fixed straightaway. We had a lovely 7th floor room with balcony. Very clean and up to date. Free wi-fi was welcome.

On site - The deli was great. The poolside bar was good, if slightly expensive for the basic food. Also nice to have a Pizza Hut! There was a kids playground under cover which was very popular. The gym had a very high standard, and seemed to be brand new..with complimentary ear phones for those of us who forget our ipods. It wasn't big by any means, but then I was always on my own in there! Does anyone go to gyms in the US ;-)

Pools - The pools were exceptional, and our kids never wanted to leave. The only slight downside was that the toddler friendly pool was on the far side of the resort so didn't have any poolside service. The only significant concern some might have is the poolside entertainment. It was fairly loud and cheesy. For those who have booked into the rooms by the pool it may well be quite noisy when you would want to chill out?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 1, 2010

This property is a time share property but some rooms can be booked online on the Hilton site, very large complex with a caribbean feel. There are bbq grills and swimming pools that are heated, The complex provides activities for everyone. Outlet Mall within walking distance out of the back entrance. Very close to Disney Parks.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I really loved this hotel. Everything from the time the staff greets you all the way to check-out, they provided a great experience. This hotel is less than 5 mins from Disney and Epcot. The hotel has a great pool, two gyms, and rooms have a microwave and large fridge. I wish my family was here on vacation. This would be great for kids as well. The prices were very good. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We absolutely love this hotel. I think the children think that it is our house. We have stayed in a one bedroom suite, and in two bedroom suites twice (once it was a one bedroom adjoining a studio and the second time it was a true 2 bedroom suite), so I can safely say that we have tried all the accomodations and have not yet had a single complaint.

I love the whirlpool bathtub, it is amazing after a crazy day and the kids are in bed to have a glass of wine in a huge bubble bath either reading a book or watching TV (If my memory is correct the studios don't have the whirlpool tub and also the second bathroom in the 2 bedroom suites don't either which is actually better for the kids).

Staff have always been friendly and helpful. We love to eat by the pool some evenings and relax while the kids swim. The kids love the playground and we used the basketball court the last time we were there.

We have always had our requests honoured for the building we like and the floor we like to be on.

I suggested to my husband that we stay somewhere else in August and he is usually the one that wants to try something new but he was adamant that is where he wants to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank EMUP
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Booked a studio for 90 dollar, had a quiet one in block 6 with nice view on the little lake.
Bed is small, but the room is very nice with balcony, all very clean. Housekeeping did a great job in our room. You do not need a car to visit the mall, its just near the hotel, still its well kept away of the hotel area. Parking was not a problem, after 8 pm you have to look for one. Staff is very helpfull, did offering us some nice deals (free breakfast, coupons for the prime mall etc). Nice total experience we had. Again, services are great

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gerald1961
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We stayed here a few years ago and I rated this 5's almost all around. Our second stay has not been as great. Lots of new buildings but the same number of pools makes it really crowded. It's a little obnoxious when people are reserving pool chairs at 8 am and not using them until noon or so. We waited 4 hours to check in and would have waited longer but I checked back to ask how much longer. Check in person was fairly rude. The baggage check forgot to refrigerate some perishible items. Needless to say, they had to be trashed.
Today, we went out at 9 and came back at 3:30. The room has not been cleaned. I called for towels and told them to forget the service.
Also, if you express disappointment, the party line here is, "I'll make a note of that." Basically meaningless.
Orlando has much better places to stay and we won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank janetmarieo
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We just returned from a four night stay and I already have reservations to go back in June. The resort is beautiful and in a central location that is close to all we want to do. We did not do the parks, this was just a relaxation, shopping trip. The resort is connected to the Outlet Mall with lots of stores and food. You can walk across the street to a wonderful Publix grocery store with a good bakery. Publix also has a good deli where you can have sandwiches made for you. You can also walk to Outback, Subway, and a McDonalds. The resort has a deli with reasonable food and a Pizza Hut. The lady that works in the Pizza Hut is so nice. She even remembered our names and what we would order the next day. I would go back to Pizza Hut just to talk to her. All the empolyees had a smile and greeting for you. Two ladies in the Deli were also extraordinarily nice and helpful. This coupled with the gorgeous surroundings and beautiful landscaping, warm pools made for a perfect getaway. One employee saw me moving a lawn chair and came over to help. Employees just seemed to go out of their way for you. I usually don't encounter any problems with employees, but never have I had them go out of their way for you.
We have stayed at the HGVC at Seaworld at least six times, but this time we decided to try the International Dr. location since we would be shopping a good deal. I am glad we did. I think the rooms at this resort probably have better views around a lake than the Seaworld location. You can't go wrong with either location. We paid just a little more than what we would pay for a hotel room and got a one bedroom condo with big jacuzzi and washer/dryer and full kitchen.
We are Hilton Honors members and now I remember why. They honored our request for a high level room and early check in as best they could. They do pay attention to your requests.
The only negative thing I could probably think of was the bed was a little soft for us, but I can live with that.
I can't wait to go back in June. Hopefully, it will be a little warmer.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple