“Kingsize bed”

Ranked #38 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Yorkshire,UK
“Kingsize bed”
Reviewed October 6, 2006

I have only one regret about booking the HGVC and that is that we didn't stay longer. Usually on a two-week holiday my wife starts looking forward to "sleeping in her own bed" about halfway through the second week. Not this time though, we really did not want to go home.

We arrived late afternoon and were dealt with at reception and in to our room immediately. All of the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. I hadn't told the wife about the double Jacuzzi tub and so that was a nice surprise for her and we used it every day. The kitchenette had everything including cooker, microwave and fridge/freezer, although we only used the coffee maker (complimentary coffee) and the icemaker.

There were two large TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The living room TV was connected through a bose sound system so I was glad to have taken some CDs to listen to.
The living room also opened on to a patio protected by mozzy nets (though we didn't see any mozzies) with a great view of the pool (see pics)

The bedroom was spacious enough and the king-size bed was extremely comfortable. This led to the Jacuzzi tub and through to the bathroom with double sink and shower cubicle.

Other features were a wash tub and dryer, iron and ironing board and digital safe. The maid service was efficient and unobtrusive.

The amenities at the hotel are great. The reason I picked this hotel is because I wanted to be on i-drive and I wanted a place with a good pool and good poolside bar. Spot on. The pool was great, the bar was great (especially the mango daiquiri and the watermelon snow cones), the food at the bar was great, and the staff were the best. There was an endless supply of sunbeds and towels and the two heated Jacuzzi pools were a treat. They also have "swim-by" movies, giant jenga and ice-cream specials.

Amazingly, we did use the gym (okay it was only once) and again it was well kept and we enjoyed the games room too. The on-site shop wasn't very well stocked but there is a foodmarket across the road although it was at no odds to us, as we didn't cook.

Next to the Hilton is the Premium Outlet Mall which is good news if you are bargain hunting but bad news if you have a wife with a fondness for shoes. Right outside is the stop for the i-trolley. You'll need this, as this is a remote and quite part of i-drive. But for a dollar you can use the trolley to go anywhere on i-drive and this it what we did (we would recommend Bahama Breeze). You can also use the trolley to get to and from Sea World if you choose. The trolley claims to come every 20 minutes but we never waited more than 5. However at the busiest times when it is stopping more regularly it can take 45 minutes to get to the busiest part of i-drive, but this didn't bother us. And it only runs until 10.30pm so you'll have to do as we did and taxi back (about $20-25, reasonable by UK standards).

Getting to the parks is easier as the Hilton puts on complimentary shuttles to Sea World and Universal and $10 shuttles to Disney. There were three pick up times through the morning and three return times in the afternoon/evening. We used the shuttle all the time without problem.

This was our first trip to Orlando and we loved it. We can't wait to go back and we know where we will be staying.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
13 Thank apeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
White Oak, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2006

Our travel party consisting of two families shared a large 3 bedroom suite in this hotel in July. Our suite was actually a 1BR with access to their 2 BR. We had our own kitchenette, bath and patio. The 2 BR unit had a full kitchen, dining area, livingroom, 2 full baths (1 with a huge whirlpool tub), and ofcourse the 2 bedrooms. The 2 BR unit included a stacked washer & dryer (priceless). The resort is HUGE, meticulously clean and well groomed. The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable. Great bedding, no cheap mattresses....very plush. The main pool is absolutely HUGE. The children & adults all loved it. The complimentary shuttle service is excellent....but be prepared, the shuttle services 3-4 of their other properties as well. This means you will be making multiple stops on the way to or on the way back from your destination. The pool staff was fantastic. They keep a big supply of towels at the pool at all times. There are planned activities for the kids daily, and "dive-in" movies that you view poolside. We loved this hotel. If we visit Orlando again (which is not a likely probability because we don't like it, in our view it as a very high crime, rude, overpriced city). Downside to hotel - they have a Pizza Hut delivery service on site that and it is a rip off. We used it the first night we arrived because we arrived late and were too hungry to leave (just wanted to rest & unpack). The pizza took an hour and 30 minutes to deliver, was lukewarm, and cost twice the normal cost of their pizza. Don't bother. I do recommend eating at their poolside dining area. This food was delicious, hot, and competitively priced. Overall, I advise this as a better than average place to stay!

• Liked — luxurious, comfortable bedding
  • Disliked — on site Pizza service
  • Tips/Secrets — The hotel is not located on International Drive, call for specific directions when you reach Orlando
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
11 Thank KitKatluvr2
Wadley Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the HGVC from August 29th through September 5th.

The check in was smooth and we stayed in Building 5, Suite 5210. It was a 1 Bedroom Whirlpool Suite and was layed out perfectly. Our suite was equipped with a stove, full refrigerator, microwave, garbage disposal, washer, and dryer. They also have several kitchen utensils for cooking and eating. It was almost like being at home, but BETTER. The appliances are very modern. The countertops in both the kitchen and bathroom are done in Marble.

The living room has a Bose system and TV where there is a DVD player as well. The screened in porch is NICE and the bedroom has a TV as well.

The Beds are very comfortable and the seperate walk in shower was very nic. The bathroom has two sinks and lots of counter top space. The housekeeping staff is friendly and brought up anything you needed immediately after your call. They provide you with Tide laundry detergent as well to wash any of your clothing. Housekeeping kept our room full of clean fresh towels that were neatly placed.

Housekeeping does come in daily to replace towels and make up the bed free of charge. Please NOTE: If you want your bathroom/kitchen cleaned etc... beyond bed making and towel chaning, this is seperately billed! It is called Tidy Clean service and begins at around 25.00 for Studio room and 35.00 for the 1 Bedroom.

The staff was very nice and they bring the luggage to your room at check-in with no problem.

Do not let any negative reviews scare you away from this place. The property is beautiful and you receive a complimentary photo from the resort photography of you and your family.

There is a pizza hut on site and a deli as well. However, there is a 3 dollar delivery charge and 22% gratuity added to anything delivered to your room as well as sales tax. You may want to stay away from this.

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. I never experienced any problems with the elevator breaking as a previous review states from the same week.

We payed 112.50 a night with the AAA rate, which I think was great because we had several amenities and was close to eveything on I-Drive.

My husband and I will be returning next year!!

• Liked — The conveniences in the room, like a washer&dryer, stove, microwave, and refrigerator. The beds were comfortable as well.
  • Disliked — Limited Parking
  • Tips/Secrets — Take the timeshare offer to receive a gift. They sometimes offer cash in the amount of a one night's stay. My husband and I received 115.00.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
8 Thank fonyaf
Houston, TX
Reviewed September 8, 2006

I stayed in a deluxe suite with my family (3 kids) for 4 nights and we were more than comfortable. I would give this resort 4 or 5 stars if I wasn't charged $700 for a room I did not occupy. Our flight from TX was delayed, which delayed our arrival. When we got there that night, the one person on duty was overwhelmed and we were separated into 2 rooms for the first night because the suite we reserved was not available. We were told that all our belongings would be transferred to a suite in the same villa the next day - which they were, while we were out at the pool. We had to go back to the information center to get our keys reactivated for the new rooms. Upon check out, we were in a great hurry and we couldn't get an itemized print out because of some computer issue. I didn't worry about it until I realized $700 suddenly disappeared from my checking account. The hotel manager had the nerve to tell me that I occupied 2 rooms instead of 1, but actually, they were charging me for one of the temporary rooms they put us in on the first night. They were charging me for their mistake!!! It took several phone calls and a stern reminder to them that I am an attorney to get them to relent. My refund is supposed to hit my account within 2 weeks (it has been 7 days and conuting). Aside from the poor customer service after my stay, the suite was great - the full kitchen, jacuzzi, and pull out bed were all great, and we were never crowded. The screened patio was nice and the beds were comfortable. The coupons for the paper and continental breakfast (Starbucks coffee) were great, but it would have been nice to be able to choose something other than pastries and bagels (all bread). The main pool is great - we spent hours in it. The Publix and Walgreens across the street and the outlet mall next door were added bonuses - just don't spend as much $$$ there as we did! The Pizza Hut was very convenient for the long days at the pool - just don't have it delivered because the fees are ridicuous. Rent a car because you will need it for the theme parks and should you want to venture out for dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants. During our stay, the staff was great, but oh how they changed when I demanded my $700 back. If I don't get my money back within 7 days, I will certainly update this post!

• Liked — The property
  • Disliked — The $700 error/overcharge on my bill
  • Tips/Secrets — Check your bill!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank The_Texan_Traveler
Bronx NY
Reviewed September 8, 2006

One of the greatest places we have stayed at!
We stayed at the All Star Movie resort in Disney for 7 nights and then we came here for three nights and after being in the tiniest room I have ever stayed in this seemed like heaven!
We stayed in a one bedroom whirlpool suite with a screened in porch in building #2. When we opened the door to the suite we were so happy with our choice! It was big and clean and just what we hoped for and more.
This apartment had it all! The kitchen had a full size fridge, oven, dishwasher, microwave and garbage disposal.
There is a stack washer dryer in the suite also which we put to use, that was a big plus for us.
The first day there we had a problem with ants, they were coming from the porch and made a line across the wall to the kitchen, they sent someone right away to spray and the problem was fixed. We were offered another room, but I already unpacked and was happy with this one.
The whirlpool bath was big enough for two and very relaxing. We were 2 adults and 3 children, my oldest son slept on the sofa bed which was pretty comfortable for a sofabed! And we have twins who slept in cribs and even with the sofabed open there was still enough room in the livingroom area for the cribs.
The kingsize bed was beyond comfortable! There's two closets, one is really big, but there is not much drawer space for clothes, not a big deal though.
We were happy that there were 2 TV"S one in the living room and one in the bedroom, and there is a dvd player in the livingroom.
Housecleaning does a great .
The pool is big and clean and the kids loved it. Not over crowded at all and there are plenty of lounge chairs and towels. They have pool toys to rent for the kids and a childrens play water fountain.
There is also a bar and grill poolside and a deli.
Across the street there is a Publix for food shopping and a Walgreens and also a McDonalds.
We did get the timeshare phone call and it was very low pressure. And after being here we actually talked about buying a timeshare, we enjoyed it that much.
We were not bothered by the construction noise at all, we heard a tiny bit of noise after 8am but it wasn't bothersome.
We drove to the disney parks and it is a 10 minute drive to Magic Kingdom from the hotel. The hotel is listed as being on International Drive but it is away from all the hustle and bustle and close enough to all the restaurants with a quick drive.
Will definately go back! We left as Hurricane Ernesto was about to hit Orlando or else we may have stayed another day!

• Liked — Big rooms
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
11 Thank TravelinQueen73
Saint Louis, MO
Reviewed August 27, 2006

Based on the reviews here I booked a 2 bedroom for 2 nights. The layout was perfect for my husband and I travelling with a 5 year old and 3 year old. I agree with all the comments about the pools and kitchen/bathroom in the suites- they are very nice.

My disappointments were mostly service related. We knew that we probably couldn't check in early but tried- ended up waiting at the pool but they never called us to say our room was ready. Went back to the front desk and after long delays finally went to our room around 4:30. You could immediately smell cigarette smoke in the 2nd bedroom. We booked a non-smoking room and our kids both have allergy/asthma issues. The front desk was very rude and said that all of their rooms were non-smoking and that room was our only choice. The carpet had stains and burn marks anyway and the smell kept us out so we only used the large room with the living room/kitchen. The elevator in our building was not always operational and none of the vending machines in any building worked. Parking was very difficult in the evening.

This hotel is much better than some and really has a lot of potential but is not a 5 star hotel in my opinion. Will go back to the JW Marriott next time.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank kakelly03
Lake Geneva, wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2006

THis hotel has large suites, great pools and is located near all the attractions. Also it has a screened in porch which is great in Florida. Awesome place.

• Stayed May 2006