I have only one regret about booking the HGVC and that is that we didn't stay longer. Usually on a two-week holiday my wife starts looking forward to "sleeping in her own bed" about halfway through the second week. Not this time though, we really did not want to go home.
We arrived late afternoon and were dealt with at reception and in to our room immediately. All of the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. I hadn't told the wife about the double Jacuzzi tub and so that was a nice surprise for her and we used it every day. The kitchenette had everything including cooker, microwave and fridge/freezer, although we only used the coffee maker (complimentary coffee) and the icemaker.
There were two large TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The living room TV was connected through a bose sound system so I was glad to have taken some CDs to listen to.
The living room also opened on to a patio protected by mozzy nets (though we didn't see any mozzies) with a great view of the pool (see pics)
The bedroom was spacious enough and the king-size bed was extremely comfortable. This led to the Jacuzzi tub and through to the bathroom with double sink and shower cubicle.
Other features were a wash tub and dryer, iron and ironing board and digital safe. The maid service was efficient and unobtrusive.
The amenities at the hotel are great. The reason I picked this hotel is because I wanted to be on i-drive and I wanted a place with a good pool and good poolside bar. Spot on. The pool was great, the bar was great (especially the mango daiquiri and the watermelon snow cones), the food at the bar was great, and the staff were the best. There was an endless supply of sunbeds and towels and the two heated Jacuzzi pools were a treat. They also have "swim-by" movies, giant jenga and ice-cream specials.
Amazingly, we did use the gym (okay it was only once) and again it was well kept and we enjoyed the games room too. The on-site shop wasn't very well stocked but there is a foodmarket across the road although it was at no odds to us, as we didn't cook.
Next to the Hilton is the Premium Outlet Mall which is good news if you are bargain hunting but bad news if you have a wife with a fondness for shoes. Right outside is the stop for the i-trolley. You'll need this, as this is a remote and quite part of i-drive. But for a dollar you can use the trolley to go anywhere on i-drive and this it what we did (we would recommend Bahama Breeze). You can also use the trolley to get to and from Sea World if you choose. The trolley claims to come every 20 minutes but we never waited more than 5. However at the busiest times when it is stopping more regularly it can take 45 minutes to get to the busiest part of i-drive, but this didn't bother us. And it only runs until 10.30pm so you'll have to do as we did and taxi back (about $20-25, reasonable by UK standards).
Getting to the parks is easier as the Hilton puts on complimentary shuttles to Sea World and Universal and $10 shuttles to Disney. There were three pick up times through the morning and three return times in the afternoon/evening. We used the shuttle all the time without problem.
This was our first trip to Orlando and we loved it. We can't wait to go back and we know where we will be staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful family resort, Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village is just minutes to Orlando's world famous attractions including Walt Disney World(R), Universal Orlando(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Aquatica(R) and is adjacent to Orlando Premium Outlets(R) - Vineland Ave. Guests of Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village enjoy a remarkable family vacation experience from the elegantly appointed studios, one and two bedroom suites to the abundant resort activities. Hotel views include fabulous swimming pools, water features and a bird's eye view of the lush 34-acre resort grounds inspired by the beauty and ambiance of Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive