This was our third year visiting; we purchased last year and at that point, it was all smiles, and wonderful service and little perks. This year...not so much. Bait and switch? Don't get me wrong--it's a beautiful resort--but there's a part of me that wonders about this ownership thing. First, we discovered after our first day that housekeeping DOES NOT come every day to owner rooms. Didn't know that. We did have to call them because our jacuzzi side panel was exposed and they (sort of) fixed it. We figured since we bought last year that we'd have a year off from a sales pitch--wrong. While in truthfullness, they did offer us a decent enough deal on Disney tickets to make it worth our while to listen to a pitch--I wasn't expecting as much pressure as we got. We agreed to listen to get the substantial ticket discount (they do make you pre-authorize for the balance in order to bill you if you don't show)--and we were clear up front we'd listen but we weren't in a position to buy. Told our sales rep the same thing--we were VERY up front--especially since he sold to us last year. While I know his job is to make us sell--making us feel like our several thousand dollar committment that we made last year was "nothing" was very upsetting---even though we said, "we're being impacted by the economy"--his answer was repeatedly "so, you still want to vacation right?" When, after two hours, we said, "no, not this year, " he left us with a major pout. After that, we were feeling rather regretful that we even bought at all last year. Now, back to the hotel. The last night there, we decided to not go out for dinner and instead let our kids swim while we ate poolside. I'm really fussy about pool side eating--like to not have my food splashed so I go back a bit--but since it was too dark by the area our kids were (dive in moving night), we opted to sit at a table that allowed us to see our kids. My husband let the one and only waiter know we needed a light and we needed a menu. We sat there for at least 20 minutes while people who came in AFTER us got lights and menus. I went up to the waiter (at this point seething), and he told me he'd give me one if one was free. To his credit, he did find one shortly after and did take our order a bit later (he was accomodating about some switches), but service was slower than I expected. In fact, we were the only one of three who actually bought food from the grill--everyone else had take out from either Pizza Hut (on site) or somewhere else. So despite the busy look, we were the real customers there. hmmph. Anyway--after a while, the initial aggravation went away and we were settled nicely with light and food while the kids swam. We kept an eye on our kids who enjoyed the movie while we ate. I will say the Dive-In movie is a nice touch. And there is another pool if you don't want to watch it. Now, to our final morning. We got up early because someone was banging around and making a ton of noise (construction on Building 3 maybe?) Well--we got up, decided to pack, then took a break for a leisurely breakfast on the terrace (well, we did---the door to our kids' room's patio was not operating properly). My husband and I were enjoying our coffee when the bell rang---I went to the door where a housekeeper brusquely asked "when you leave?" I told her check out was 10 and we'd be leaving then (it was just after 9 then). We literally took until 10 at that point, just to make it clear we weren't budging until it was time to go.
Overall--it wasn't a bad experience. But I would say that the initial thrill and shine has gone now that we're "off the charts" owners--meaning we really don't even qualify since our point level isn't where they want it to be. Wish I knew that before....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful family resort, Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village is just minutes to Orlando's world famous attractions including Walt Disney World(R), Universal Orlando(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Aquatica(R) and is adjacent to Orlando Premium Outlets(R) - Vineland Ave. Guests of Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village enjoy a remarkable family vacation experience from the elegantly appointed studios, one and two bedroom suites to the abundant resort activities. Hotel views include fabulous swimming pools, water features and a bird's eye view of the lush 34-acre resort grounds inspired by the beauty and ambiance of Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Vacatia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive