“Enjoyable”

Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village
Ranked #37 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. We spent all day enjoying the pool, ice cream & drinks. The food was good & not pricey like the over priced Disney Resorts, what you pay at those glorified places I can bring my family back again to WDW. Our room was huge & priced fair for being in driving distance to all the WDW parks. The parking is problematic but if I were staying a week in Orlando w/ my family I would stay here in a suite. It is a time share place & w/ all types of people & friendly staff- my kids liked the crafts too.

1  Thank Trina N
Write a ReviewReviews (4,868)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while ion town for a conference. I was by myself but the room was beautiful and had way more space than necessary for one person. My family of four could have easily been comfortable. All of the staff that I encountered were extremely helpful too. I had colleagues that were in town for the same conference but booked late and we're not able to get into this resort but paid the same price for a hotel that was not near as nice so the price was great too!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Christina D
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Perfect in all ways for out trip to Orlando. Travelling to Orlando for the first time on family vacation and the staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations was one of our best choices.
Large property situated on international drive. Beautifully landscaped, with a man made lake, parking space,lush and well manicured lawns.The setting and scenery was awesome
It was perfect for a family on vacation.It has a publix supermarket across the property, shares fence with premium outlet, also a walgreens across the road.
I haven't in a along time come across hotel staff that were so friendly and helpful. Every member of staff always had a smile and "hello" to go with it.

The rooms were large with a kitchen,dishwasher,washing machine and jacuzzi. The grounds had a lot of space and activities for the kids.The premium outlet is next door and your room key opens the gates, if your in villa 5 and 6 its just in and out.

The furniture might not be as new, but its not gotten to the stage where one complains except for the finicky types.

Loved it a lot and would gladly go back and recommend to others.

Room Tip: If going shopping at the premium outlet, choose either villa 5 or 6
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Wakanow
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Beware... At first glace this resort appears to be inviting and luxurious; however, after you initially check in and after you turn down purchasing a time share, the hotel quickly becomes nothing more than a 4-star-want-to-be Motel 6.
Initially, we were greeted warmly by name and escorted inside. The employees were almost overly nice. Our room wasn't ready at this point (around noon), so we went to grab some lunch and shop in the local area. They called me at about 3 to let us know it was ready. This time the employees were somewhat friendly, but absolutely nothing like before.
We finally made it to our room, and we were quite shocked when we did. Our room was so tiny! My first comment when we walked in referred to how the room felt like a smaller than normal Hampton Inn room. Yes, there were some pretty Italian pictures, faux flowers, and a little screened-in patio, but I've stayed in several Hampton Inn rooms that were much nicer.
The bathroom was tiny. It only had one sink. The tub did have a curved shower rod which helped, but the ceilings were very low. I'm 5'2, and I could easily stand flat-footed and touch the ceiling.
Our bed was terrible. They say it is a king; however, it looked just like a queen mattress with a king headboard to us. The mattress was incredibly hard, and it felt like wires were poking me in my ribs all night. The sheets would not stay on the bed. If I even sat on the edge of the bed they'd pop off. The bed also squeaked very loudly... And not just a normal squeak... A loud, crunching squeak every time you moved as much as your arm.
The bed was so bad we called the front desk. The lady sent the maintenance manger to check it out, as well as our wifi not working.
He at first tried to say the wifi was working fine because his phone had a signal until it was obvious his phone wasn't doing anything. He then took my phone and clicked on my email and then web browser, both without asking. He couldn't get either to open, so he said it was a problem with Verizon. I then showed him that my AT&T business phone wasn't working at all either. He changed his story then and told us that it was the type of room we were in... That studios just don't have good reception. They advertise free wifi, but it is impossible to pick it up in the studios. This didn't just apply to wifi; I've never had such poor reception on either carrier. I could get nothing but dropped calls. Reception would return as we were leaving the resort.
Now, back to the bed. After the phone fiasco, the maintenance manager looked at the bed. He immediately glanced at the bed and said nothing was wrong with it. I asked him to feel it. He pressed on it a little bit with his hand, and it made an awful noise. He said, "That's normal... That's a Hilton bed. Have you ever stayed at a Hilton before?" I responded that I indeed stay at Hiltons often, and I have never experienced a bed like this before. He then raised the mattress, lifted the sheets, and ran his hand along the cover. He said he didn't feel wires. I invited him to lay or sit on it, but he instead called the hotel manger. He must've knew how bad it really was.
He was instructed to tell us to move to the sixth floor... With my disabled mother... With all of our luggage already unpacked... In the middle of a bad rain and lightning storm. Ummmm, no thanks. Not to mention he told us the mattress and reception would be identical up there. We decided we would have to tough those things out. He did say they'd check on bringing in another mattress, but we never heard anything back on that. This hotel is big on leaving guests messages on the in-house phone. We usually had three messages each evening, but they never could call us back about getting a new mattress.
We ran the AC nonstop for our entire visit. It barely kept it cool enough; it was hot at night though. The shower needed major work as well. It had such low water pressure I didn't think I'd ever get the shampoo rinsed from my hair. On top of the light water pressure, the bottom third of the shower head was stopped up... So even less water came out. At first I thought it was some sort of green environmental deal, but then I realized each time the toilet is flushed, it flushed three times, so that must not be the case.
Parking is a headache. There is far too few parking spots at each of the buildings. Yes, sure, they allow you to park way up front at the lobby and ride on a golf cart with all your stuff to Timbuktu to your room. They have warnings everywhere, including on in-house phone messages, about the necessity of not leaving anything in vehicles and securing them and how they are not responsible for any damage or theft to your vehicle. If the "gated" feature of this hotel makes it so safe, then why pose all these warnings to guests? I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea of my vehicle being in Timbuktu (too far to walk to or begin to see) in an open lot at a hotel in this busy of an area... That's just asking for trouble. Yes, they have handicapped parking at the building entrances, but only TWO spaces.
The timeshare sales pitch was an adventure. I was actually somewhat amused by it. It was at the other Hilton Vacations... The newest one. They offered me twenty some odd nights per year for over $2,300 per month, not including maintenance.
I posed the question of why would I want to risk spending that amount of money on one of these hotels when my room was so bad. The salesman and his boss immediately began scrambling to get us in SUITE at the new hotel... UNTIL I told them I wasn't interested in the timeshare deal. They gathered their things, and told us thank you and left. Another man came out and offered to let us put the deal on hold at that price for the low price of $1,195. I asked what exactly I would be paying for, and he said locking in the deal we had been offered. Again, no thanks. We were told to go down a hall and collect our gift. You can pick between discounted attraction tickets or assorted gift cards. I chose a $100 Darden (Red Lobster, Long Horn, Olive Garden, & Bahama Breeze) gift card. So if you want some free meals and have a couple hours to waste... Not a bad deal, but beware, they treat you completely different once you turn them down.
There was only one single thing I enjoyed about this hotel at all... The clock radio. It played very relaxing sleeping music and nature sounds. I liked it so much I called the front desk and asked if there was any way I could purchase it. I was told to go on the Hilton site, and I would be able to purchase it. After I left the resort and regained signal, I tried. But they couldn't even get that right. It's not for sale online. Even the TV channel list they gave us at check in is all screwed up, and only one of the two door key cards worked.
This hotel might be ok if you get a two or three bedroom suite. I was informed by the timeshare men that they have redone two of the buildings because it is already so old. So, if you stay here be certain you get in one of those renovated buildings. Whatever you do, stay away from studios!!! This experience (both property and customer service) was so bad, it's making me question ever staying at another Hilton hotel again. Marriott is calling my name.

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank BeachBlonde09
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for your detailed review of your June stay with us. To say we’re disappointed and dismayed to know that although you had a positive first impression of our resort, that your overall vacation wasn’t up to the level our Members and Guests have come to expect from us over the years is an understatement. None the less, please be assured we take all of the feedback we receive from our Members and Guests very seriously and will absolutely use your unique experience in a positive, proactive manner moving forward. On a final note, although we don’t know what studio unit due to the anonymous nature of your comments, we can tell you that as far as your interest in our clock radios goes, the various in-room items that are available for purchase on-line through Hilton may be found at www.hiltontohome.com. Again, we sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations and thank you again for your feedback.

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this location multiple times. We are owners in HGVC and love this location. The parking is not as big of issue as it may sound. It can be limited but the resort accommodates with a shuttle and it's never to far to walk...except with small children. Rooms are beautiful and very clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They are always asking if you need anything. We have stayed in studios to the 3 bedroom and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here with my son. We were with other family at a Disney prop. We all agreed that this was a much better option than Disney or any other hotel. Publix across the street and outlet mall next door. Great pool too. Can't go wrong here.

2  Thank KimPaulKai
Reviewed June 27, 2014

What can I say it the Hilton, no complaint over here the room was clean the sleep quality is one of the best and the hotel staff is super accommodating. What more can you ask for?? It in the heart meaning like literately across Idrive from downtown Disney

Room Tip: the higher the floor the better the room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family