“Great Place to Relax”

Ranked #38 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Iowa
“Great Place to Relax”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Palm trees and two great pools create a relaxing enviroment. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. There is a screened-in balcony for morning coffee or evening reflection. The staff are efficient. The only down side is that the door between adjoining rooms are not sound proof. After staying at similarly priced hotels in the area, I am even more appreciative of the Hilton Grand.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2Onthego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were visiting the Orlando area mainly for the Theme parks, and wanted a property central to Disney World and Universal Studios - this property was perfect.

We wanted an apartment style property, so we could cook breakfast, do laundry etc. It is a large property with seven buildings that surround a man made lake - which provides a lovely view from your room. It has a small grocery store/Starbucks; internet room (although wifi is complimentary); gym; games room with two pool tables; two pools; and an outdoor basket ball court (just in case you still have energy after a full day at a theme park!). Laundry facilities are within your apartment.

There is a premium outlet mall next to this property (open to 11pm), with a private gate to get there. There is also a large grocery store (Publix) to top up on supplies, which is also open long hours.

Staff on site are friendly, and they run a complimentary shuttle (electric buggy) around the site which we used after a long day on our feet. The resort also has a wide onsite activity program, for both adults and kids, which we did not have time to use.

We did not have a hire car, so tried a variety of options to get to the parks:

1. Lynx bus - although it is very cheap ($16 per person for a 7 day pass), we found that you had to take two buses from this property (Lynx 8 and 50) to get to Disney World transportation centre. Although the bus stop is right outside the property, we found that due to the need to change buses, this was a slow option taking over an hour. It does not go direct to Universal, but would be ideal for Sea World (bus 8 only). we also used the bus to get to iFly which was very easy and direct.

2. Resort shuttle - $9 per person return each day, it departs at three set times in the morning, and returns at set three times at night - which you nominate. Your can book one hour in advance at concierge desk. We used this for Disney World 20 mins travel time (Epcot and Magic Kingdom), and also Universal 30 min travel time. We found this to be ideal for a family of four, as the shuttle goes direct to the theme parks and does not stop at other resorts or hotels.

3. Taxi - we wanted to go to Disney World mid afternoon for the fireworks, and return late. The shuttle times did not suit us and we took a taxi. It was $36 there and $32 return. We left immediately after the magic kingdom fireworks, and it was easy to get a taxi back. Certainly provided us with the flexibility we wanted that day.

Just be aware that the Disney world site is massive, and that the Lynx bus, shuttle and taxi take you to the Disney Transportation centre (TTC), and from there you use internal Disney transport (bus or monorail) to get to the Disney theme parks. This is free but adds another 20 mins to your travel times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank skimamaaus
Connecticut
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the comfortable suites and fine service we received from all staff. The grounds are extremely well maintained. I would pass on eating on premise and eat off site or buy your own groceries. Had lunch at the bar one day. Food was unremarkable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank garfield2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Most Magical Place on Earth
Orlando has always been my favorite vacation spot because it’s home to Magic Kingdom, “The Most Magical Place on Earth”. Walking through the many Disney Parks brings out the inner child in me. Last spring break when my family decided to go to Orlando I was thrilled. I was already happy enough being in my favorite city, but once we go to our resort, Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive, I knew that my experience in Orlando would be even more magical than usual. The hotel is made up of many different, beautiful Tuscan styled buildings. There is also a man-made lake with a bridge crossing it adding to the scenery. I have a big family so we stayed in two connecting rooms. The rooms were so convenient, each room had a large king size bed and between the two rooms there was a spacious kitchen and living room area. In the master bedroom there was a Jacuzzi and was perfect for relaxing after a long day at the Disney Parks. There was also a screened in balcony, which was perfect to soak in the beauty of the resort. The pool was my favorite part of the hotel; I could’ve spent every day of the week at the pool. The pool area was so pretty and the pool itself was very commodious. The pool deck would get crowded, but there was always a lounge chair available. There were tables and chairs set up around the pool deck so when you got hungry you could take a seat and order a meal off a menu with a wide selection of food. Everyday there was a new, fun activity set up by the pool. Some of the activities when I was there consisted of face painting, henna tattoos, and a zumba dance class. Also, every other night a projector screen was set up by the pool and a family movie was played. There was even more entertainment for kids outside the pool area, there was a playground and a basketball court. There was also a conference room with computers and books, a game room, and an ice cream parlor, which made the stay even more convenient. The location of the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites was great. It was located next to an outlet mall and near many restaurants. It was also only about 5-10 minutes away from the Disney parks. This vacation was one of our last spring break vacations as a family. Being in such a great environment I was able to enjoy amazing family time. I realize that even though I’m getting older I will always appreciate my family and all the special times we spend together. The Hilton Grand Vacation Suite may not be labeled as “The Most Magical Place on Earth” but in my book it is.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Haley J
Long Beach, California
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I are completing a business/pleasure trip and needed a central hotel close to the convention center. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the property and staff were at the Hilton Grand Vacations Suites. The property and amenities were outstanding, the suites are large enough for a family of four without stumbling over one another. The screened in deck overlooking the lagoon with views of nightly Disney fireworks was a big plus. Don't hesitate to book with Hilton for this property. Happy Travels!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sunnysocal17
Saskatoon, Canada

The hotel is great!
We booked a room King Whirlpool Suite w / Screened Balcony. Excellent service, cleaning the rooms every day, everywhere is very clean, and a great price for a room with a king bed,whirlpool , with a kitchen that has all utensils, even a dishwasher and also washing machine and dryer in a closet in the kitchen, a balcony and two swimming pools in the courtyard. Usually, in Canada, we pay the same price for a simple room in the hotel, and here we got a whole apartment with all amenities. This hotel is in our opinion the best that we have ever been.
NOTE*and if you read the reviews (SINGLE REVIEWS and no history) with one star of cockroaches, do not believe in the whole week we did not see a single bug or cockroach is not only in the room but also in the yard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OOAK-30
London
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days on our trip to Orlando and I really enjoyed myself. The best thing for a coffee addict like me was the fact that they hard a Starbucks on site!

Our room was quite nice but I wish we had paid extra for a superior suite as the difference was huge!

The location is good as its is on International drive and the car parking is free.

Also it is right next to a huge outlet mall. Guests can literally just swipe their card through the gate and walk straight through to the mall which I thought was fantastic. We saw coach fulls of tourists being dropped off at this mall so presumed it was a popular location. The shopping was lots of fun too ofcourse ;-)

The Concierge services are very helpful, they booked our Disneyland tickets for a good price and helped with car hire etc. We did have to go to a timeshare presentation to get a good deal on the tickets which was a little annoying but just a couple of hours so no big deal.

They have these little buggies to get you from the lobby to your rooms as it is quite far. Once I was hobbling back from the mall with a ridiculous number of bags on my own and a staff member offered to drop me off in the buggy which was just aswell as I was about to topple over!

Free wifi was also available, TV in the room but not very good channels.

We got a great deal on this place so at that price I would love to stay here again. It is a great choice especially for families as a base for their Orlando holiday

Room Tip: Pay extra and go for a deluxe suit with the whirlbath. We didn't but saw one while we were there...