“Another great experience”

Ranked #33 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Michigan
“Another great experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently stayed here again, and had a great experience. The staff is friendly, the rooms are great, and the entire resort is very well cared for. It's close to down town Disney and many stores and restaurants. The one negative I could add is that checkout time is 10 a.m. On a few occasions, I have gotten a slightly later checkout, but I've also been denied a later checkout, even with my Hilton Diamond status. I understand it takes time to get the rooms ready for the next occupants, but I do with they had later checkout.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MItravelerforbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place is huge! The suites are amazing. Wonderful placer for families, as each suite has a full kitchen with washer and dryer. Walk to Premium Outlets. Few mile drive to all the Disney Parks. The one drawback is that this resort has no on site restaurant. There is a Starbucks for a cup of coffee in the morning, but there is coffee in the rooms too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annarc6
United States
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were going on holiday from Jakarta, Indonesia to Orlando for 8 days in October 2012. My wife and I stayed 4 nights in Hilton downtown Disney then moved here for another 4 nights to be closer to Universal Studio. We choose a Studio Room with King size bed.

The check in was fast and due to the large Italian architecture style complex (we were in building 6) we needed the staff to take take us and our baggage to our building across a lake. It was enjoyable as we can briefly see the whole complex while riding the over sized golf cart.

The room looked brand new, well maintained, and very clean. The bed is great to sleep in, I think it was Serta brand. Free wifi was fast but sometimes disconnected. The cleansers, shampoo, and soap are Peter Thomas Roth, good stuff. They gives plenty of towels.

While the swimming pool was good, we did not get the chance to go swimming. We had a jog around the lake in the morning, the jogging track is smooth, no holes so it is safe and the scenery is good.

There is connecting gate (opened using room key) near our building to go across to the Premium Outlet which is one of our favorite place that sells branded goods (Barneys New York, Coach, Samsonite, Prada, etc) at a huge discount. This shortcut really saves time.

The deli in the hotel serves Starbucks and other food and drinks. If you don't mind walking 250m, there's a Publix Supermarket right across the hotel to buy variety of things including food with cheap prices.

The concierge was acompanied with Expedia. We buy Sea World tickets and transportation. But in Premium Outlet beside the hotel, there's Grayline tours that 's even better, we bought 1 day trip to NASA and Universal Studio with Halloween Party.

One bad experience is when we bought transportation to Universal Studio from the Expedia concierge, we got a rude driver, so be careful.

The overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would stay again at Hilton Grand Vacations.

Room Tip: Stay near the access to Premium Outlet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have just returned from a 14 night Disney Holiday, staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations. The apart-hotel was great. Only 10-15 minutes car ride into Disney. The hotel complex is set around a large lake with two lovely heated swimming pools.

Our one bedroomed suite in Block 4 was clean, spacious and well-appointed with full kitchen, washing machine & tumble dryer, large jet bath, and walk in shower. We used the Sofa bed in the lounge for the kids (ages 5 & 8) and it worked well.

We read comments that the complex was too big and some rooms were too far from reception. We were in the farthest block and found it easily walk able and not too far at all!

There was plenty going on in the hotel if you needed it but we didn’t participate. We were asked to go on a Marketing visit to their sister hotel with the incentive of a $100 Amex Card but we declined without receiving any pressure.

The hotel is also situated next to a major Shopping Outlet with secure gated access so you can walk there. The outlets closed at 11 pm, which was great as we could take it turns to go there later in the evening and didn’t have drag the kids along.

Directly opposite the entrance to the hotel is a large Publix Supermarket & Outback Restaurant which was great.

Overall, a great location & great hotel, however you would definitely need a hire car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Napa, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

WOW!!

Some exceptional service and a great location with an ideal dining set up that will be ideal to anyone who is visiting the convention center also per review! We will stay there as they cant be beat on service also!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Orlando Grand Vacaton Club for 5 nights during a work trip. The hotels where the meetings were being held were sold out so I landed here.

This hotel is a great vacation hotel (obvioulsy by the name). If you have a family, the kitchen is nice and some units have washer and dryers. The pool and recreational activities are awesome as well. The location isn't too bad, about 10 mins to Disney and they have a shuttle for a fee. The grocery store, outlets and a few restaurants are all next door. Working here was a little difficult, since there are no desks or electricity by the pool.

The rooms are very clean and the staff attentive. The beds are also very comfortable ss well. The few cons to this place are the 10am checkout time, the walls that I consider to be very thin since I could hear almost every word my loud Italian neighbors were saying, and the parking. At night I could not find a spot anywhere remotely near my building. I saw a shuttle my last night, but still a pain.

So overall, good hotel. Pay more for a room with a bedroom so you don't have to hear your neighbors. This would be a great value for families.

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this hotel a few weeks ago, for a week stay in Orlando, but then read the reviews and started to be concerned. When a place gets 130 unsatisfactory reviews, something is rotten in Denmark. I emailed the property and asked for confirmation that our stay would not include the things written about in those negative reviews. What I received as a response,from the Resort Director,was an invitation to cancel my reservation. For me, his response confirmed the accuracy of those negative reviews. I notified a rep at Hilton Worldwide Customer Service of what took place and forwarded information to their representative. I received an email stating that the matter would be resolved in 3 business days. That was on October 9, a month ago, and there has been no response, no resolution.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank x-well-traveled
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I am sorry the communication was not to your satisfaction. When we last corresponded I asked for you to call me to discuss your upcoming stay so we could address your concerns, I have not received your call, and see that you actually cancelled your reservation; but I am happy to tell you that out of the 1,091 reviews on TripAdvisor we have 687 excellent scores and 271 very good scores. We are actually ranked 18th out of the 331 hotels in Orlando and also recently won an award from Expedia for being a top 6 hotel in Orlando. We hope that all of the positive reviews will earn your trust and you will consider us for future stays in Orlando.

Abed Ereikat