“weekend trip”

Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village
Ranked #41 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I checked in very late on a Saturday night but luckily there was no one else there so check-in was a breeze. I did get an awkward glance from one of the sales staff when we walked out but luckily they did not bother us about becoming vacation club owners.

The resort is lovely all around with a lot of charm. The pool area is magnificent and they have a lot of activities for the guests, though some you will have to pay an additional fee for. The resort is close to shopping, restaurants, and grocery stores and only a few minutes away from WDW. This can be a plus if you catch traffic at a good point during the day, but if you leave at night, be prepared to sit in a line as there are only two routes out and the traffic around the outlet mall can really back up.

We found parking at our building, though I can see why everyone complains about the parking situation. There are maybe 100+ rooms to a building with half that amount in parking spaces. There is however enough parking near the main building and the staff will bring you to your building with a golf cart, though they are quick to note that you leave your vehicle at your own risk.

In terms of the room itself, we walked in and were caught off guard by the smell of food, kind of like burnt popcorn. The room was clean but the smell was an unwelcome surprise. The drain in the shower/tub was extremely slow and during a shower you'd end up with a few inches of water in the tub. We left a note for housekeeping as we only stayed one night, but I can't imagine this occurring. Even if the room was cleaned a few days before we arrived, the maid would have had to notice the drain if the tub was cleaned. The bed felt really low to the ground, which aggravated my back and neck a little when getting up, but it's not a big deal. My husband on the other hand said that it was one of the best beds he has ever slept in.

For anyone staying here: check out is at 10AM. They will continuously remind guests of this policy.

1  Thank Marilia v
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We’re delighted your check-in experience was a breeze and that you found the resort to be lovely all around with a lot of charm. At the same time though, we apologize for the smell of food you encountered when you first entered your room, as well as the slow moving drain in the shower tub and thank you for leaving us a note to address the same prior to your departure.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here from 09/08-09/12/12 (4 nights). We asked for a room by the entrance next to the pool and they accomodated us. I would recommend asking for the same if you stay here because the hotel is huge. We stayed in a regular guest room since it was just the two of us the room was very comfortable and had a spacious balcony. The only negative the AC was hard adjust it was very cold! We had a nice pool view and were right next to the cafes. The Hotel has a Italy Tuscany feel to it very beautiful decor, pool, fountains, lake and direct access to Outlets. The pool is great and the food is good both at the cafe and the pool side restaurant. I loved that they had Starbucks cafe as well definitely a plus. They have a fun game room which we used and also a business lounge (you can print your boarding passes for free) with a big flat screen TV which we used as well. Basketball court and ping pong table we did it all lots of fun. They have lots of family activities available each day which are fun. This hotel does a great job in entertaining all their guests very accomodating everyone is friendly! Also they have movies at night on this huge projector screen by the pool we enjoyed that as well. I cannot say enough nice things about this place we enjoyed it very much and the price we paid I feel we got a awesome deal. Very reasonable priced. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying near to entrance of the hotel to have easy access to pool and cafes.
1  Thank lissethg103
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had high hopes for this hotel after reading reviews, but ended up leaving early. Problem number one was that parking at night is as bad as everyone says. Be prepared to park far away from your building. Secondly, at 4 a.m. my wife and I were awakened by a loud sound similar to a vacuum cleaner that went on for 45 minutes. We think the sound came from some sort of large unit that supplied power or something to the building. The topper was after getting up to check out the noise I saw a cockroach running across the bathroom floor. At that point we decided we had enough and called the front desk to ask if we could leave a day early. To her credit, the girl at the front deask was nice and said that we could check out. Also if you get building five you may have a view of the parking garage.

4  Thank CDSmokey

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We sincerely apologize for the unexplained noise that woke you from your sleep and led you to check out a day early. While this is obviously something we never want to see happen, we are glad you found our Front Desk staff to be helpful when you brought the situation to their attention.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This Resort is amazing from the staff in the gate when you come in, the greeters in the front of the hotel, the staff in the lobby and all over the resort. Everyone was so nice. The room was fantastic, we had the one bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking he clubhouse pool, so roomy and beautiful, even the pull out sofa was the best I've ever seen, my daughter said it was super comfy. The pool in the clubhouse was just amazing. I can not say enough good things about this resort. We can't wait to return to this resort. Even the grill by the pool, it was so nice to get out of the pool at around 8:30 pm sit on the table by the pool and order dinner and not have to get in the car and leave again to go have dinner. That staff was also very nice. My family and I loved it!

Room Tip: for a good time get your room in building 1 by the clubhouse.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our third time here...Check-in was really slow. Although a charming girl, she was brand new and it took 30 minutes to sort out our booking and suites. Was told no adjoining suites available but when we got to the rooms they were. Very nice suites, clean and well maintained. Sadly we only had a view of the multi-story car park for The Outlet Mall.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel was our first port of call for a US roadtrip. After a 6 hour delay at the outgoing airport we phoned ahead to let them know of our delay, immediately we had good customer service on the phone and they marked us for late check-in.

On arrival they seemed to know who we were and really each and every member of staff couldn't do enough to help us. The Americans know how to do hospitality.

The room was huge, two giant beds, large balcony and a lovely bathroom. Very clean and ready to go. The kitchenette had basic facilities, and a fridge which was the most useful bit, we mostly ate out. The balcony is great as it has a bug screen surrounding it so you can sit out there and not worry about being eaten to death.

Our room overlooked the lake so it was quiet and serene, in the mornings we took walks around the lake, perfect way to start the day.

The main complex is pretty big, the pool is huge and beautiful. There is an onsite shop with a Starbucks inside, so if you want to buy supplies then its there for you, however the is a Publix supermarket across the road which you can walk to in 5 minutes. There is a poolside bar serving cocktails and food which looked plentiful. For the kids there is a well equipped games room. There are also free to use BBQ's under canopies and one rainy night we set up and cooked some lovely steaks on the gas, perfect.

I think we were blessed with off season so it wasnt massively busy there, easy to get a spot round the pool and mostly very very quiet.

Location wise you are right on International drive, its about a 20-25 minute drive up to the theme parks like Universal & Wet N Wild.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are beautiful, parking can be tricky when it's busy and you may not be able to ge...
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I must notify others who are planning to visit Hilton Suites that a few very disturbing and still unexplainable things happened during my stay there. First of all, on my third and last day there some random persons just walked into my room. When they saw that I and my girlfriend were in the room they just say "sorry" and went out as quickly as possible. Afterwards I called reception and they couldn't explain to me who that was. They just asked me if they were some staff form the pool area? Therefore, I would like to ask a question: what on earth would a pool boy, girl and somebody else(there were many) do in my room after 5 p.m. when the room has already been cleaned. To make things worse I found out that 220euros were stolen form my trousers that day. However, it was too late to complain since I am already in Europe. And if I would have to make a guess I would say that the "pool staff" came for more.

19  Thank dawid133
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss the particulars of your situation in more detail with you. With this in mind, if you would be kind enough to contact Abed Ereikat, our Resort Director, at 407.465.2673, or via e-mail at aereikat@hgvc.com, at your earliest convenience ,we’d appreciate it.