“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #36 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Arbroath, Scotland
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We love this hotel. This is our second stay here and if I could live here I would. The grounds are stunning, the hotel complex is beautiful.
When we checked in we were asked what the nature of our visit was. When we mentioned it was part of our honeymoon the two girls on reception got very excited. The changed our room allocation to building 3 top floor which overlooked the stunning lake. The room was huge with a very comfy king size bed. The room had a dining table area and tv and dvd player. It also had a kitchenette with coffee maker, microwave and large fridge.
The screened balcony was lovely we were able to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine without the bugs annoying us.
All the staff were lovely. Lots of staff riding around on segways and golf buggys, I felt so safe. The shopping complex is right next to the hotek complex you access it through a locked gate which you open using your room key.
Shortly after we arrived in our room the reception girls sent up a bottle of champagne. It was heaven

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The hotel is just like the photo's on this site. We had a spaceous suite on the 4th floor of Block 4. The kitchen and lounge has a luxury sofa bed, TV, DVD player, free WI-FI, Iron, Ironning board, huge fridge/freezer, coffee machine, small kettle,dishwasher and powder, washing machine and powder, dryer, full cutlery/utensils including scissors, crockery, washing up liquid, scourer, dishcloth & teatowel. In the bathroom, you are provided with toilet rolls, plush towels, soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer and tissues. The bedroom has a center fan, TV, IPod Alarm clock. The duvet and pillows are filled with feathers. They promptly changed these when I told them about my allergy! I also requested 20 more coat hangers, which they sent up to the room immediately with a follow up call. The hot tub is next to the bedroom. The Housekeepers were friendly and came everyday.
The premises are beautiful, there are lots of fish and turtles in the lake, beautiful fountains everywhere and beautifully detailed buildings, in a word, beautiful.
Both of the pools have bars, towels and plenty of sunbeds. All the staff are friendly. There is a full activity programme for adults and children, most activities take place by the main pool but they are not intrusive to the rest of the residents. We found the bar food to be tasty and reasonably priced, although limited choice. You can buy a soft drink for $3 and get free refills. There are hot tubs by the pools, we were served Iced grapes whilst in the hot tub, touches like that really make this place special.
There are two gyms with cardio machines, weights and toning equipment. Towels, headphones and water are provided. You can also control the A/C.
There are plenty of BBQ's around the complex. We had 2 lovely BBQ's. The BBQ's are gas and look like they have never been used! However, they are checked and cleaned everyday.
You can easily walk to the Outlet mall, we used the food hall there a couple of times. Publix is across the road, along with MacDonalds and the Outback Steakhouse restaurant. I can highly recommend the latter. We also travelled by I-trolley to other shops, restaurants and attractions. We used taxi's to travel to Disney on a couple of occasions, the charges ranged from $32 - $45. The rest of the time, we took the hotels shuttle services. The shuttles are $9 per person return journey.
As a rule, we try not to stay in the same place twice as we like to have different experiences for our holidays, however this hotel will be the exception to the rule!
I hope that this comprehensive review will be useful to someone.

Room Tip: Blocks 4 & 5 face the quieter pool. As a family with children we prefer the larger pool where th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank twinketoes
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Found a good deal for the hotel on booking.com
Great place, huge rooms and a big area to explore. Large swimming pool area and sunbathing locations.
Located next to the outlet malls too which was handy. Stayed here for a few days to get away from the busy hustle and bustle of the Universal end, is good for a few days to relax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights with our main focus being trips to Universal. The rooms on this property are quite lovely and clean. We stayed in building 5 on the 6th floor. I had asked for a quiet room and I certainly got one. We had no noise issues, but of course we were there at an off time. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large and even tho we didn't get to use it the jacuzzi tub looked very nice. The screened in porch was nice.
Our building was one of the closest to the Outlet Mall. It was a very easy walk. We had a lot of rain and cooler temperatures while we were there so we only got in the pool once. It was not as warm as I thought it would be. We didn't use the pool by the clubhouse. We did use the game room to play billiards one very rainy morning and that was great fun. They had 2 tables and they were well cared for. The little food we bought on site was fine, but I don't really feel like we ate enough to comment on the restaurants. Coffee was provided in the room and there is a Publix grocery store on the other side of the resort.
Everyone who worked on the property was super nice and approachable. We had a couple of minor problems in the room and the front desk always called later to check if everything got fixed. One item, the shower handle, did not get fixed, but I believe they tried. I would have called again if we were staying longer. It was a minor problem.
If I had the opportunity, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: As other reviews said, buildings 5 and 6 are farther from the clubhouse and therefore quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paintcab
Baldock, Herts, U.K.
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed for 7 nights, my second stay here having visited almost 2 years ago. Really enjoyed it. Room superb, no complaints there and it was good to be in building 6 which we found was quieter being away from the main pool area but convenient for the outlets. What stood out was the quality of the staff. Everyone we met were so friendly and helpful. We were approached by one of the buildings maintenance guys (not normally known for their customer service focus) who asked how our stay was going, if he could help with anything, and then gave us a 10% discount voucher! Never had that before! Location great for parks etc although we could have done with being a bit further up I Drive to be a bit closer to some of the restaurants we wanted to visit. Would definitely stay again though.

• Stayed October 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights.

The hotel was lovely, situated in a good location near the theme parks and shopping malls. However I didn't feel uncomfortable when I spotted a cockroach in my room, coming out of the air con vent. I also had a non working toiliet which did not flush properly.

I reported the issues to the reception staff at the Hilton, which resulted in a plumber unblocking the loo and the room sprayed with bug repellent. With this hotel being Hilton, I expected their standards to be much higher than this and was disappointed that I was not given another room.

I would of give my stay a 5 star ratings if it wasn't for the problems I encountered during my stay.

Room Tip: If you do get a room with a whirlpool bath, make sure it is fully functional.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Muzi B
Danville, Indiana
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed here for 4 days prior to family coming down for a Disney vacation. It was a very nice property for a woman alone to stay, very safe with an outlet mall on the back side of it with exclusive access with your room key card. The staff was very helpful in everyway. I had a disability scooter delivered to the hotel and they were gracious in helping me get it to the room and getting it back for pick up. The cleaniness factor was right on. Very very clean. The one bedroom with full kitchen, washer/dryer is worth the extra money. Furnishings in unit were of very high quality and not worn out. Nice large jetted tub with glass shower in bathroom. The screened in porch with table & chairs is nice and with a lovely view. The buildings surround a lake with fountains and there is a waking path all the way around it. The pizza restaurant that is on property is very good, with free delivery to your room and with reasonable price. Would definately return to this property for another stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo