“Rude Waiter !”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #188 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rude Waiter !”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We are a family of four, we often visit Olive Garden restaurants when we holiday in Florida, the food is always nice and good value for money. We visited this particular restaurant on Tuesday 11 Feb and was severed by a waiter called Mike, he seemed really pleasant and his service was quite good. I ordered a 6 oz steak from a 'specials' menu which was priced at $13.99, about an average price for a 6 oz ?. When the bill came the steak had been priced at $18.99, thinking I may have mis-read the menu I asked Mike if I could have a look at one, he returned with a handful of menus, none of which had a price on at all. I was puzzled and began to think I was imagining things but my 19 yr old daughter was adamant I was correct. To rectify my $5 loss, I left Mike a tip slightly less than he expected, he wasn't happy ! And he made sure we knew he wasn't happy, his attitude to us was appalling. He screwed up paper napkins and hurled them onto the table while cursing out loud and shaking his head, he continued to pace up and down past our table for a few minutes continuing his cursing. We were all shocked and left the restaurant with a 'very bad taste in our mouths'. I appreciate the tipping of waiters in the USA is expected to be more than we tip in the UK, but is it still not down to the diners discretion ? ? If this guy serves 20 tables in a night and gets $10 dollars tip per table, that's $200 dollars per night on top of his wage ! Not too bad in my opinion. My two week family trip to Florida with my family costs me ONE THIRD of my annual income ! ..... This Mike guy needs to realise we are all on a budget, go to anger management class and more importantly learn some MANNERS ! ! That was our LAST visit to Olive Garden !

2 Thank Roydsfamily

• Arabic first
Fenton, Illinois
“Good Food, Good Server”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We came in with friends for a late lunch on a busy Friday. Our server, Cecil, was excellent. He was attentive and friendly. He brought our salads and bread sticks, let us enjoy all that and then brought our hot soup. He didn't have to be asked to refill our Cokes either. I like that. The Chicken Gnocchi soup was delicious and also the salad. A very good experience was had by all!!

Orlando, Florida
“It always starts with the Hostess!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Walked in and pleasantly greeted by Shannuj (sp?) - such a cheerful little lady! She escorted us to table, pulled our chairs, re- centered our salt& pepper/ sugar caddy - which we typically only get in fine dining. She made sure we were comfortable, wished us well, and we enjoyed a delightful lunch. (we later noticed Shannuj assisting other tables and simply engaging everyone she encountered- the epitome of what a hostess is all about- hang on to her, she gets it!) Olga took great care of us, didn't rush us and made sure food was out on time and plentiful. Very pleased and will return!!

1 Thank GA_FL_Gal
“Waiting to Get Back”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Awesome restaurant. Delicious food, cheap and a very warm service. The place offers a varietty of dishes and the driks which are served at the right temperature. I can't wait to visit Orlando again and get back to Olive Garden.

• Visited March 2013
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Ate here many times during our stay in, the free garlic bread sticks are lovely and the unlimited free salads are also, food is nice and great value but be warned as ever in the US portions are large ! Staff are friendly & helpful as you would expect, all in all a good place to eat !

• Visited June 2013