“The service got this to three stars”

Portobello Country Italian Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: James Beard Award winning chef, Tony Mantuano and Executive Chef, Justin Plank, brings crafted Italian cooking and everyone together around genuine flavors and authentic dishes. The kitchen is at the heart of Terralina Crafted Italian and the wood-burning oven fires a selection of hand tossed pizzas, calzones and fresh vegetable along with dishes from the hearth including chicken parmesan and seafood cannelloni prepared with housemade pasta. The veranda bar is a welcome invitation to relax and sip on craft cocktails, muddled with fresh herbs, and linger while people-watching out over Riverfront Plaza while toasting to Terralina Crafted Italian.
Reviewed August 24, 2015

Someone else picked this restaurant and I certainly wouldn't eat there again. While our reservation was honoured promptly and our server went the extra mile, the food was well short of even average. My appetiser was very good and I was excited to sample my main course but, sadly, it was very poorly cooked. I had fettuccine and shrimp and the sauce smelled fishy, the pasta was over cooked and the shrimp were tough. I ate enough to stop the hunger pangs and that was it. My husband looked over at me and I could tell he was equally unimpressed with his main. He later told me it was subpar.

Our server was a delight. She was personable, kept checking in on us and got everything right. My sister told her that I had had a birthday three weeks before and she wanted to celebrate it and the server told her not to bother with what the restaurant provided as it was substandard. Instead she brought out a lovely piece of chocolate cake and the kitchen had written happy birthday on it in caramel. Charming and appreciated but not enough to bring me back.

1  Thank Bonnie G

Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

A firm favourite with us. Whenever we visit Downtown Disney we pop in here. Our server on our most recent visit was fabulous. Kids loved it too.

Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

We are generally open minded and like waiting staff to engage with the dining party but at this venue the experience was distinctly odd. Our waiter described the pizza as "small and pointless" and the steak as "garbage" when describing the food on offer. We took his advice and the food we did order was equally average to poor in quality.The pork chop was tough and overlooked, the ravioli was solid to the point of being indigestible and the lasagne was tasteless. We won't be visiting again.

2  Thank Chris F
Reviewed August 23, 2015

Food was very good. The bill had the cost of the food / drink plus a WDW dining plan allowance of approx $23 per person added. The gratuity was then calculated followed by the $23 per person being deducted. This creative method of billing increased the 18% gratuity approx $4 per head. For the meals we had, this roughly doubled the gratuity.

Reviewed August 22, 2015 via mobile

After reading reviews I was sceptic about going but reservations were made. When I saw no line up I was even more concerned as every restaurant had one. Once seated everything went well. Food was great, service was pleasant and dessert was fantastic. Al in all I was very impressed. I recommend the visit.