“Pretty Good in Downtown Disney”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Pretty Good in Downtown Disney”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This restaurant saved our evening. We wandered into Downtown Disney with our group of 6 including our 2 young grandsons who had just arrived at Disney. All the venues were mobbed and had waits of 60-90' for seating. Portobello's said they had no spots at all in the dining room for the rest of the evening, but allowed us to have dinner while seated at the bar. Bartender Joe became waiter Joe and served us our full dinners with elan. The food was quite excellent, from bread, to calamari, to rice/mozzarella balls, up to spaghetti, lasagna, salmon and lamb. Our grandsons took advantage of a nice kiddie menu. Prices are a tad steep, but for goodness sake, this is Disney World. What would you expect? Portobello's is worth a visit when you're in the area.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Oakville, Canada
“Disappointing!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Portobello 15 years ago and it was amazing, we were looking forward to another exceptional meal with wonderful wine. Sadly we were very disappointed. Seated 45 minutes after our reservation and trying to get a drink at the bar while we waited was frustrating. Once seated the waiter was very nice, but forgot to give us cutlery, the food was mediocre and not worth the price, washrooms were filthy. Well we tried, but would never go back

• Visited January 2014
“My dinner was a cup of tea....”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Yes, I am not lying. We were having a wonderful time at Downtown Disney and loved to have an early dinner considering that we had to wake up at 3 am to get ready for our Disney half marathon the next morning.
I asked the waiter if he had any hot gluten free options for me and his answer was no. Period. I am coeliac, I asked about salads, but they were not an option either. I like salads but these were a mix of fruits and veggies. Also, non vegetarian mixes together were a no. I asked the waiter if they could make a lettuce or any other green leaves mix for me and that I may add some olive oil and salt. The answer was that they didn't have lettuce!!!!
Okay, I ordered a cup of tea. My husband's pizza was okay, my kids pasta and salmon were very good.
It was pricey, and not worth it.
I don't recommend any restaurant in downtown Disney, all of them are bad quality and half the menu is junk food.

1 Thank Thegechistrips
Cannock, United Kingdom
“poor food and service”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Poor food and service, very over-rated and over priced. We ate here a few years ago and it was excellent, this experience was the complete opposite. Another person in our hotel ate here as well, and felt the same. I wouldn't waste your time and money. Make sure you go to Fulton's Crab House which is outstanding!

1 Thank Shane M
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Dirty and expensive”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place was Expensive, dirty and the food was sub par. Calamari was good. Greeters were not trained.

Visited January 2014