“A gem in Downtown Disney”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“A gem in Downtown Disney”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was our second visit to portabello and again we were not disappointed. I'm not sure why the other reviewers did not enjoy their experience as I think the food is quite good especially the goat cheese and radicchio marmalade appetizer. It is delicious!!

The service is always good and if you go early in the day you will not have to wait. It's a little expensive so just take that into consideration when deciding where to eat.

• Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Pretty good for Disney”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate here one night and enjoyed it, food was good by Disney standards. If you come to Disney and expect excellent food like some of the previous posts you will be disappointed, folks, it's DISNEY!

We had reservations for 7:30 but were tired of walking around so went in at 6:15 and they seated us. Our waitress was very attentive and the service was excellent. Wait time for food was short, the olive oil on the table was a bit off but we aren't big bread eaters anyway. The pasta is freshly made, the food a bit bland but not bad and we enjoyed the meal.

I think the best advice I have for people at Disney is to expect to pay a lot for so-so food. Low expectations are necessary to not be constantly disappointed and unhappy. Food isn't the most important thing on a Disney vacation.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank GC967
Tampa
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a lovely dinner once again at Portobello. The service was great and the food was delicious. The only problem is that we had way more food that we could possibly eat. Wine selection was good as well.

Western Massachusetts
“Just Like Olive Garden, but More Expensive and Impossible to Park”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We met up with family members and dined at Portobello after dining the previous two nights at what is probably Orlando’s finest Italian restaurant. What a disappointment. The restaurant is noisy, the food is nothing special, and the menu is overpriced. If you do not have a reservation, plan on waiting a good long time, and that is after you have invested an excessive amount of time in simply finding a parking space.

If you are hooked on the whole Disney concept, you will probably think that this restaurant is fine; however, the truth is that it is simply an Olive Garden with a more expensive menu.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bland, Blah, Bland”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really did not have a stellar experience here, mainly because I probably picked the worst entrée on their menu. More on that later. I ate lunch there the week of November 9 with my wife and my cousin. It was off season so though I did make a reservation, I really didn’t need one. We started off with a glass of wine and an antipasti platter for two, which actually was perfect for three. The antipasti was great. No complaints there. My wife had the Gnocchi and my cousin had the rigatoni calabrese. I tasted both dishes and found them actually a bit bland. Both said I was being too critical, but I didn’t think they were all that great.

Now, my mistake was in ordering a burger. Yes. I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered a burger. I asked for the Mozzarella Stuffed Burger. Now I’ve had these before, well stuffed with cheese and covered in red sauce on either a fresh bun or Italian bread. Not this thing. I got a small lump of chewy meat with a smidgen of Mozzarella in the middle of it. There was no cheese on top or any side of Marina sauce, it came with half a plate of fries. The small patty was on an oversized pita bread. It was awful. No taste, no flavor, and the meat was dry. OK…my bad for selecting a burger in this case, but Portabello’s really ought to take that stinker off the menu. For desert we had the tiramisu and it was good. Not to die for, but it was OK. Finished with some coffees and we were on our way. I don’t think I’d go back. I grew up in an Italian household and I just felt this place lacked the flavor of authentic Italian fare. This year we passed on the Disney Dining Plan and instead went with Tables in Wonderland. By not being tied down to Disney, we ate off location many times and liked this flexibility. In the end I saved over $400.00 and was not fighting the losing battle of having to eat all that dining plan food in eight days. Portabellos is part of the Tables in Wonderland offering so we enjoyed 20% off the bill (though when you use the card the server automatically adds an 18% tip).