“Always a good choice”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Tampa
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a lovely dinner once again at Portobello. The service was great and the food was delicious. The only problem is that we had way more food that we could possibly eat. Wine selection was good as well.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Western Massachusetts
“Just Like Olive Garden, but More Expensive and Impossible to Park”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We met up with family members and dined at Portobello after dining the previous two nights at what is probably Orlando’s finest Italian restaurant. What a disappointment. The restaurant is noisy, the food is nothing special, and the menu is overpriced. If you do not have a reservation, plan on waiting a good long time, and that is after you have invested an excessive amount of time in simply finding a parking space.

If you are hooked on the whole Disney concept, you will probably think that this restaurant is fine; however, the truth is that it is simply an Olive Garden with a more expensive menu.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bland, Blah, Bland”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really did not have a stellar experience here, mainly because I probably picked the worst entrée on their menu. More on that later. I ate lunch there the week of November 9 with my wife and my cousin. It was off season so though I did make a reservation, I really didn’t need one. We started off with a glass of wine and an antipasti platter for two, which actually was perfect for three. The antipasti was great. No complaints there. My wife had the Gnocchi and my cousin had the rigatoni calabrese. I tasted both dishes and found them actually a bit bland. Both said I was being too critical, but I didn’t think they were all that great.

Now, my mistake was in ordering a burger. Yes. I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered a burger. I asked for the Mozzarella Stuffed Burger. Now I’ve had these before, well stuffed with cheese and covered in red sauce on either a fresh bun or Italian bread. Not this thing. I got a small lump of chewy meat with a smidgen of Mozzarella in the middle of it. There was no cheese on top or any side of Marina sauce, it came with half a plate of fries. The small patty was on an oversized pita bread. It was awful. No taste, no flavor, and the meat was dry. OK…my bad for selecting a burger in this case, but Portabello’s really ought to take that stinker off the menu. For desert we had the tiramisu and it was good. Not to die for, but it was OK. Finished with some coffees and we were on our way. I don’t think I’d go back. I grew up in an Italian household and I just felt this place lacked the flavor of authentic Italian fare. This year we passed on the Disney Dining Plan and instead went with Tables in Wonderland. By not being tied down to Disney, we ate off location many times and liked this flexibility. In the end I saved over $400.00 and was not fighting the losing battle of having to eat all that dining plan food in eight days. Portabellos is part of the Tables in Wonderland offering so we enjoyed 20% off the bill (though when you use the card the server automatically adds an 18% tip).

South louisiana
“Really Good- Better than expected…”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

There was a line, but were allowed to eat at the bar. Best choice of the night. Great waiter/bartender told us all about the food, had great drinks, and good food. Im not going to say the food was off the charts… but the overall waitstaff, and envirnoment was worth it.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very disappointing. Will not return. Will discourage others from going.”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Had a reservation days in advance, as you need to do for Downtown Disney restaurants. Was put at a table behind the bar, between the kitchen entrance and the restrooms, which people were steaming in and out of constantly. Food temperature had cooled before being delivered. One order was incorrect. My niece, who is vegetarian had a cheese pizza served which had bits of sausage in it. The olive oil for the bread was rancid. Overall food quality was average, but well below standard given the price point. Overall, this was a terrible dining experience. Would discourage anyone from eating here! Wolfgang Puck Express down the boardwalk has much better food for half the price!!