“Very disappointing. Will not return. Will discourage others from going.”
Review of Portobello - CLOSED

Portobello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very disappointing. Will not return. Will discourage others from going.”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Had a reservation days in advance, as you need to do for Downtown Disney restaurants. Was put at a table behind the bar, between the kitchen entrance and the restrooms, which people were steaming in and out of constantly. Food temperature had cooled before being delivered. One order was incorrect. My niece, who is vegetarian had a cheese pizza served which had bits of sausage in it. The olive oil for the bread was rancid. Overall food quality was average, but well below standard given the price point. Overall, this was a terrible dining experience. Would discourage anyone from eating here! Wolfgang Puck Express down the boardwalk has much better food for half the price!!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Staunton, Virginia
“Just what we were looking for”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to Downtown Disney for dinner on our "relax" day while at Disney World. It started to rain so we ducked in to stay dry, but decided to just stay here for dinner. Perfect service - our server was Oscar and he was the best. This restaurant is pricy and not the typical fast food style you get at many other eateries associated with Disney. Ordered at our table: pork chop, ravioli gigante, cheese pizza and shoulder roast. Everything was perfect and delicious. We would return. Great location!

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This place has really gone downhill. I have eaten here several times since the early 2000's and I never had such a bad experience. We had a reservation and were seated within about 10 min, no biggie. It took about 10 more min for the waiter to appear and this was unusual because the place didn't look busy. We ordered a bottle of white wine only to be told 10 min later that there were no chilled bottles left. We asked for something equivalent and received it at the same price. The food was extremely lackluster.The appetizers were ok, but my wife's rice balls tasted like upscale Sysco mozzarella sticks. My pork chop was ok but my wife's black fettuccine with shrimp was a total embarrassment, this after being recommended by the waiter. The shrimp were those popcorn size things and I can't believe a restaurant of this caliber would even consider serving that crap. It was bland and inedible so I ended up giving her half of my chop. In the waiter's defense he did try to make amends by offering to bring her something else, but at that point we just wanted it to end. My dessert of coffee ice cream was served in a chilled metal bowl and ended up looking like dog poop. It tasted good and we got quite a laugh. We dined here last summer and remember it being pretty good. All in all, our most anticipated dinner of the week ended up being the worst, by some distance. Won't be back.

1 Thank Mark M
Boise, Idaho
“Decent Italian food in Disney junk food land”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went with business colleagues and were surprised to find a reasonable Italian food restaurant in the area saturated with the worst food outfits that Disney world is famous for. We could not find anything with good rating on trip advisor.
Anyway I recommend black fettuccine with shrimp. My friends enjoyed their pasta. For the first time I had eggplant fries. Tastes good. Service was friendly. We paid a bit over 150 for for people counting a 40 dollar bottle of wine- not bad.
Good place to visit

Barnoldswick, Lancashire
“A real let down!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Used a table service under Disney dining plan and was the worst meal all holiday. A real disappointment as the restaurant is in a lovely location of Downtown Disney. Tables were covered with a paper cloth-very basic indeed! The manager just seemed to stand around talking or chilling with the staff. There were loads of staff but not on the ball like the other Disney restaurants. They seemed to be oblivious including the main man (a manager perhaps?). Needs a real shake up-they ought to go to one of Disney's other restaurants or Planet Hollywood and find out what good service means!!!! This place should be buzzing with it's location and it wasn't-that's tells a story I think! The portions were very small. A pizza only filled y 11 year old-heaven help if an adult ordered it. The steak came shrivelled up and lacked any detail on the plate-we had to send it back it was so bad!

So basically don't waist your meal here. There are so many restaurant to use in Disney. All are better. I think who ever is running the floor ion this needs a big wake up call!!!! A manager isn't one of the in crowd-he sets an example!!! Wake up Portobello!

• Visited October 2013